Toast Bailey Bubbles Rice to make his AFL debut this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Give us this day our Bailey Rice.

We are most thankful.

Amen!
And just for shits and gigs...

The ‘Richo’s Boys’ XXII...

FB: Rice - Goddard - White
HB: Coffield - Marshall - McKenzie
RK: Pierce - Dunstan - Gresham
CR: Sinclair - Acres - Phillips
HF: Billings - Battle - Clark
FF: Long - McCartin - Lonie
IC: Holmes* Templeton* White*
Pencil in Freeza for next week.

Best case for us is he turns out to be in the Shannon Hurn mould. Strong, smart, reliable small defender with a lethal kick. I have doubts on whether he will be able to make up for his lack of athleticism though. Time to find out

Good luck to the young man. He deserves his chance. If he's got the same go in him as his old man, he'll be alright. What i like is that he's a footballer first and foremost! And what better game to debut in with an upset win against the filth!

Good luck to the young man. He deserves his chance. If he's got the same go in him as his old man, he'll be alright. What i like is that he's a footballer first and foremost! And what better game to debut in with an upset win against the filth!
A very early game I saw in the very late 80's or early 90's at Moorabbin against Hawthorn, Dean Rice v Dipper on the wing ( when players played in position all game).

Just remember he and Dipper going one on one contests all day.

As we won the game I like to think Dean beat Dipper, cant remember, do remember though me finally getting AFL and why Melbournians were so passionate about it.

It was the contest. The one on one, man on man which was so unique to any type of football.
Sadly somewhat gone from the modern game.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just remember he and Dipper going one on one contests all day.
Those were the days Joffaboy....one on one contests all over the ground.......all match long.

It was those contests that keep the crowd on its toes for the whole match......who would win the contest.

Remember the big write ups in the paper pre game for the biggest match up for the game and who would subsequently swing the game.

Each players strengths and weaknesses.

Going right back...Alf Brown in the Herald on a Friday night and in the later years...Scottie Palmer in the Sunday Sun.

Anyone for 3KZ ?

Arrrhhhh.

Those were the days Joffaboy....one on one contests all over the ground.......all match long.

It was those contests that keep the crowd on its toes for the whole match......who would win the contest.

Remember the big write ups in the paper pre game for the biggest match up for the game and who would subsequently swing the game.

Each players strengths and weaknesses.

Going right back...Alf Brown in the Herald on a Friday night and in the later years...Scottie Palmer in the Sunday Sun.

Anyone for 3KZ ?

Arrrhhhh.

The captain and the major?

WOHOOO!!!

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-17/rice-to-follow-in-fathers-footsteps

Bailey
Rice

Height - 184 cm
Weight - 88 kg
RICE%20Bailey.png

BACKGROUND
Rice was acquired by the Saints as a father-son selection (using pick No. 49) in the 2015 National Draft.

Eligible to be selected by both Carlton and St Kilda, Rice spent some time during the 18 months prior to the draft training at Linen House Centre before nominating the Saints as his preferred destination

Q&A
Nickname: Bubbles
Best advice you’ve received: Be yourself, enjoy your footy
Funniest teammate: Jimmy Webster
Most inspiring movie: Lord of the Rings
Best concert attended: Beyond The Valley
Apps you can’t live without: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
Guilty pleasure: Lollies
Your passions outside football: Basketball
Favourite cartoon or movie character: Scooby Doo :thumbsu:
Favourite holiday spot: USA
Is he the joker in his spare time? That smile in the photo is massive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey RICE

2018 VFL
Totals

• 5 games
  • 0 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 2 times in the best players list

Averages
  • 14.8 kicks
  • 7.4 handballs
  • 22.2 disposals
  • 4.0 marks
  • 2.6 tackles
  • 4.0 inside 50s
  • 1.0 rebound 50s
  • 1.0 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 81.40 Dream Team points

I loved watching Dean play for the Saints (and Carlton for that matter). Tough, no nonsense player. Always put his body on the line. I hope Bailey brings a lot of that to the team on Saturday.

Great to see the club rewarding some good form. Was worried we were just going to repeat the same changes week after week.
Hopefully see a couple more before the year is out. Paton? Austin & Battle? (although not strictly debuts but still very inexperienced)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back