Toast Bailey Dale, signs new contract until 2022.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
The club does update the vital stats. Not saying they are always accurate but they definitely change from year to year, except of course the mature blokes who have stopped growing and have a settled playing weight.

Cordy is listed at 193cm BTW.

Is English still a lazy 205? Would love to see him hit 217 with a late growth spurt.

Is English still a lazy 205? Would love to see him hit 217 with a late growth spurt.
He's around 205cm, but about 25cm of that is neck.

I'm 182 and Dale stood basically eye to eye with me no more than two months ago

He may be 184 but he is in no way two inches taller than me. I haven't grown a single cm since I was 16 so not everyone continues to grow after that age

Shane Biggs was also there are we were all basically the same height

I agree MD - I spoke with him at the season launch - 185 would top him out - I'm about 187 and was taller by an inch or two.

I also know someone involved with his junior club - when I asked him about Bailey some time ago, he didn't expect he would grow much taller but did expect him to bulk up quite a bit.

I agree MD - I spoke with him at the season launch - 185 would top him out - I'm about 187 and was taller by an inch or two.

I also know someone involved with his junior club - when I asked him about Bailey some time ago, he didn't expect he would grow much taller but did expect him to bulk up quite a bit.
He's 21 now so surely he has stopped growing (puberty jokes aside). So 183cm and 84-85kg would be ideal. Not the sort of physique that gets bustled out of the contest too easily.

Nearest comparisons on our list are Libba 183/83, Dickson 184/85 and Picken 184/83.

He's 21 now so surely he has stopped growing (puberty jokes aside). So 183cm and 84-85kg would be ideal. Not the sort of physique that gets bustled out of the contest too easily.

Nearest comparisons on our list are Libba 183/83, Dickson 184/85 and Picken 184/83.

yes I would think so - sorry that "bulk up" was when he first drafted. Bailey was forthcoming with the fact he had added few kgs, I can't remember the number he quoted at the time.

he looked to still be carrying some puppy fat in his first couple of seasons but is starting to show some good definition now. He should harden up nicely with a few more pre-seasons.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
yes I would think so - sorry that "bulk up" was when he first drafted. Bailey was forthcoming with the fact he had added few kgs, I can't remember the number he quoted at the time.

he looked to still be carrying some puppy fat in his first couple of seasons but is starting to show some good definition now. He should harden up nicely with a few more pre-seasons.

The homoerotic undertones in this post are delectable.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All this talk about Bailey Dale's height! The kid plays tall and can take a mark, hence, Port game a few weeks ago. He isn't going to be our full forward, so I don't see an issue with his height really!

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
So how is this young fella tracking for this year? He is one i liked back when he played for the Stingrays and every time ive been able to see him play at AFL level he has impressed me, always thought he had huge potential not just as a forward but a player that could also go through the midfield.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
So how is this young fella tracking for this year? He is one i liked back when he played for the Stingrays and every time ive been able to see him play at AFL level he has impressed me, always thought he had huge potential not just as a forward but a player that could also go through the midfield.

He will be a gun wing/forward eventually. Tracking nicely by all reports. He had injury set backs last year but I have high expectations this season.

Whoyagot

All Australian
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He will be a gun wing/forward eventually. Tracking nicely by all reports. He had injury set backs last year but I have high expectations this season.

He walked into the cafe I was eating today, looked huge!! Couldn’t believe it was the 12 year old looking kid from his draft year. Exciting times ahead, hope he’s put his injury troubles behind him!

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He walked into the cafe I was eating today, looked huge!! Couldn’t believe it was the 12 year old looking kid from his draft year. Exciting times ahead, hope he’s put his injury troubles behind him!

That's my lad, he's gonna average 2 goals a game this year and for the rest of his long and decorated career as a medium forward.

That's my lad, he's gonna average 2 goals a game this year and for the rest of his long and decorated career as a medium forward.
How soon will we see a passage of play featuring Williams to Smith to Dale for a goal? TB will cream himself ... if you'll pardon the expression.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How soon will we see a passage of play featuring Williams to Smith to Dale for a goal? TB will cream himself ... if you'll pardon the expression.

It's not out of the realms, could be a regular occurrence. When one of them gets a possession, we'll be going "BAILEY!!!" When he then dishes off to the next Bailey, we'll be shouting "DOUBLE BAILEYS!!!" and then when he dishes off to the third Bailey, we'll go "TRIPLE BAILEYS!!!" And reward each feat appropriately.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dale reminds me of Gia with his forward craft. Looks like he found a position he can play which is in the pocket as opposed to playing higher up the ground.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s clever and a great kick for goal, which we’ve been crying out for.

His pace gives him another bow too but I’d like it if he rounded out his game with a few more tackles and contested grabs.

Having him, Schache and Dicko 2.0 in the side and kicking straight has been a big part of our turnaround for sure.

Bailey ability to break away from his defender and use his leap to out mark help defenders is really impressive

Looks like him and Crozier have been working together on timing

the conch

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's got a bit of x-factor and plays a good role which gives our team a lot more balance or attacking dimension. and oppo defences more to worry about. Also good at providing outside defensive pressure like Dicko too. and Dahl at his best. Serious wheels and can sting like a bee

In-form forward Bailey Dale has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs.

The 23-year-old was due to come out of contract at the end of 2019, but has put pen to paper on a three-year deal and will call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2022.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In-form forward Bailey Dale has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs.

The 23-year-old was due to come out of contract at the end of 2019, but has put pen to paper on a three-year deal and will call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2022.

Good

Back