Bailey Dale

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale is a RFA after next season. Power will have to find a lot more moolah than what he's on now, to stay.
He did re-sign just after his hot patch in 2019 of 20 goals in 6 games so hopefully a huge bump isn’t required. Regardless I don’t think he will ever leave. I feel like he comes from the school of the Macrae types, quiet humble guys who aren’t after big paydays and attention with minimal fuss.

He did re-sign just after his hot patch in 2019 of 20 goals in 6 games so hopefully a huge bump isn’t required. Regardless I don’t think he will ever leave. I feel like he comes from the school of the Macrae types, quiet humble guys who aren’t after big paydays and attention with minimal fuss.
Maybe so, but if big offers come his way, we're going to have to match them.

1630128760799.png
Some decent/good stats for an attacking defender, he does run a lot, averages 5 rebound 50's per game, 2.7 i50's and 24 possessions.

3 positional changes instigated by Bev have resulted in an AA guernsey for that player.
And there have been plenty of moves that haven't worked and some that could have been tried that weren't. Dale's AA selection is 100% to Dale's credit.

And there have been plenty of moves that haven't worked and some that could have been tried that weren't. Dale's AA selection is 100% to Dale's credit.
So no credit to Bev at all for moving him there? OK.

Yep, nobody is saying every move has worked perfectly and nobody expects that, but to have instigated significant positional moves in players that then resulted in 3 All Australians is pretty rare I would have thought.

Some credit where it's due.

I think Dale is the only player on our list that can rival Bont for gracefulness with ball in hand. Watching him stride out of defence is a thing of beauty.

I’d let him deliver one on my chest any day.
I would say Dale is the best field kick in the comp although a Bonty laser beam he pulls off once or twice a match is a sight to behold. Dale does it about 8 times a game so think he gets the edge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best kick going around thanks to the low trajectory bullets he can execute with such accuracy. His technique is flawless. Hope he stick with us for 5+years, we're so solid with him taking the kickouts for us. Just needs some lead up targets like JUH to lazer them to.

The best kick going around thanks to the low trajectory bullets he can execute with such accuracy. His technique is flawless. Hope he stick with us for 5+years, we're so solid with him taking the kickouts for us. Just needs some lead up targets like JUH to lazer them to.
I can’t say I watch as much footy across the weekend as I used to but I don’t think there’s anyone in his league right now with disposal - the way he will lock onto a target instantly and without hesitation pull the trigger and watch it hit with pinpoint accuracy is something else, they all look like they’re going to be cut off cos they travel about 2M off the ground but land perfectly haha, they always get to their target so quickly too which is a real positive in allowing us to break a zone and move quickly.

He’s a genuine dream to watch

Looking back to the 2014 National Draft where would Bailey Dale sit amongst our picks? Toby Mclean, Caleb Daniel & Zaine Cordy are still at the club and all 3 are Premiership Players? Dale & Daniel are All Australians? Given McLean has done 2 knees and Cordy is your typical foot soldier type it comes down to Dale or Daniel for top honours..... Interesting discussion? And if push cam to shove which of the two would you be prerpared to let go?

Would be close to leading our BnF this year.

Not so sure.
He still has moments where he s#!ts the bed.
I think it was against the swans where he ended up with 30 but was absolutely putrid in the first half.
Bailey Smith leading by a country mile I reckon.

Last edited:
Contract extension talks have started, by all accounts he wants to stay. I met him at a sponsor dinner once and he is a lovely, lovely guy to boot.
I went to the rooms after a win in 2015 when Dale was very new and got to chatting to a bloke who said he was really happy with how there were no passengers. I said I thought Dale was pretty poor. It was his grandfather. Took it well - good family I expect

Can any of the stats gurus out there do some kind of comparison of stats or ratings points between Dale's first qtrs vs the other three?

I just find that his first qtrs are horrendous (fumbles, bad decisions, and turnovers), and then he gets better as the game goes on to where he ends up being in the best players with 30+ disposals.

Perhaps he suffers from pre-game anxiety, or just can't handle the first qtr heat?

No idea but just want to see if stats back this up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back