Delisted Bailey Rice

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see him in the Best last week in the VFL. Guys like him, White and D Mac are very important, so good to see that.

Good to see Bailey back out there playing returning for Sandringham from a Broken Hand.

Second most disposals for the day with 22 and a compliment post game from Sandy Coach Lindsay Gilbee.

The Zebras' coach was full of praise for defender Bailey Rice, the son of former Saints and Carlton footballer Dean.
"I thought Bailey was an excellent player for us … his ball use was clean and in the conditions, he was excellent," Gilbee said.

Plenty of work ahead for him to crack in the seniors with such depth off half back in front of him. Though some more clean ball use out of the back half wouldn't hurt.

Good to see Bailey back out there playing returning for Sandringham from a Broken Hand.

Second most disposals for the day with 22 and a compliment post game from Sandy Coach Lindsay Gilbee.

The Zebras' coach was full of praise for defender Bailey Rice, the son of former Saints and Carlton footballer Dean.
"I thought Bailey was an excellent player for us … his ball use was clean and in the conditions, he was excellent," Gilbee said.

Plenty of work ahead for him to crack in the seniors with such depth off half back in front of him. Though some more clean ball use out of the back half wouldn't hurt.

Tough to see where he fits in, but as long as he keeps knocking the door down in the VFL he'll get a shot at some point.

Bailey Rice has had a few games where he made the bests and maybe leading the trophy for Sandy B&F at this stage. Should debut soon!

Has anyone noticed Carltank fans having a real sook about this kid, claiming they never wanted him anyway?

sour-grapes.jpg

Has anyone noticed Carltank fans having a real sook about this kid, claiming they never wanted him anyway?

sour-grapes.jpg
Hi. I've been keeping a close eye on bailey since he chose you over us.
FYI - Not all Carlton fans saying this. Most of us love the romanticism of father/son, particularly with his father being a Carlton premiership player.
Good luck to him. Hope stkilda develop him and he plays senior footy soon.

I agree that we've got a good one on our hands. Just seems like a "natural footballer" with a multitude of skills and probably no major weaknesses other than his endurance (which is hopefully improving).

Only problem is how he gets a game any time soon with Gears going so well now and captaining the club and all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all. Sorry to intrude.

Have followed bailey since he chose the saints over the blues (sob sob). Loved how his father played the game so was disappointed he didn't choose us. Sounds like Bailey plays similarly to his old man!

Would love to see him on the big stage. Hope he is selected this week, takes it up to the bombers and has a long career with the sainters.

Good luck to young bailey.

Hi all. Sorry to intrude.

Have followed bailey since he chose the saints over the blues (sob sob). Loved how his father played the game so was disappointed he didn't choose us. Sounds like Bailey plays similarly to his old man!

Would love to see him on the big stage. Hope he is selected this week, takes it up to the bombers and has a long career with the sainters.

Good luck to young bailey.

One of the few players in the game that will ever have to make the decision that he made.

Will no doubt be a talking point as long as his career goes on. Especially if one club should end up being a lot more successful than the other.

Tough decision for an 18 year old to make!

Of course first we need him to make the grade and settle his spot in our best 22!

I think he'll make it. Not particularly flashy or many attributes that make you go 'wow' but he is good at the footballs.

I agree that we've got a good one on our hands. Just seems like a "natural footballer" with a multitude of skills and probably no major weaknesses other than his endurance (which is hopefully improving).

Only problem is how he gets a game any time soon with Gears going so well now and captaining the club and all!

We were crying out for depth...now we have to figure out how to fit about 26 into 22! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back