Recommitted Bailey Scott [re-signed to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly standard this one, I would have thought. Father son selection, highly rated internally, rising star nom in his first game in a belting. Dropped for form and then got injured, now heading into his second season.

He had the opportunity to go there from the start. He loves it in Melbourne, loves the club and has plenty of family in Melbourne.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He came to us because he got into engineering at Melbourne Uni and we were based placed to help with that.

I reckon he'll stay in Melbourne and North too. But go home a real risk imo.

He came to us because he got into engineering at Melbourne Uni and we were based placed to help with that.

I reckon he'll stay in Melbourne and North too. But go home a real risk imo.

There are some very good uni’s up north also. I don’t think it came down to just an engineering course.
Plus if I was wanting to pursue an engineering career, I would be staying put in Melbourne rather than heading back to the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some very good uni’s up north also. I don’t think it came down to just an engineering course.
Plus if I was wanting to pursue an engineering career, I would be staying put in Melbourne rather than heading back to the Gold Coast.

If SE QLD get the 2032 olympics, there’ll lots of opportunities up here as well. There’s lots of development going on up here anyway, especially between the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.

Don't pay attention to what The Ziebull says.

I'd rate Bailey in our top five most promising young players.

Pykie is a North poster you want to listen to on this stuff.

A third round pick is a third round pick regardless of any environment
Not exactly true.

Possibly won’t hold the same trade value, or points value in the future.

If we do end up with shortened lists, this will have a natural flow on effect at the draft, with less kids drafted each year.

Shorter draft means later picks are less desirable, especially if the AFL reduce the required number of players to be delisted each year.

It’s unreasonable to expect teams to delist as many players as before, to accrue draft points to match academy and father son bids. So the draft points index will need to be adjusted, with picks in the late first round and second round being worth more, and later picks being worth less.

I expect the 3rd round to become the new 5th round.

The main positive being, there might be an increase in the success rate of 3rd round picks going in to the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back