Recommitted Bailey Scott [re-signed to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly true.

Possibly won’t hold the same trade value, or points value in the future.

If we do end up with shortened lists, this will have a natural flow on effect at the draft, with less kids drafted each year.

Shorter draft means later picks are less desirable, especially if the AFL reduce the required number of players to be delisted each year.

It’s unreasonable to expect teams to delist as many players as before, to accrue draft points to match academy and father son bids. So the draft points index will need to be adjusted, with picks in the late first round and second round being worth more, and later picks being worth less.

I expect the 3rd round to become the new 5th round.

The main positive being, there might be an increase in the success rate of 3rd round picks going in to the future.

A top20 list possible discards will be a real trash and treasure situation... there will be some players that are pushed aside in the next couple that others really rate.

Trading this year might appeal to some , perhaps clubs will see more value in getting rid of a player for a future pick when things settle and values are more known? Scott, id like tl think Geelong would enquire but who knows now.

A top20 list possible discards will be a real trash and treasure situation... there will be some players that are pushed aside in the next couple that others really rate.

Trading this year might appeal to some , perhaps clubs will see more value in getting rid of a player for a future pick when things settle and values are more known? Scott, id like tl think Geelong would enquire but who knows now.

Given he had the chance to go to Geelong 18 months ago and didn't (for a very clearly specified geographic reason) why would he go now?

And we're not letting him go anyway.

Given he had the chance to go to Geelong 18 months ago and didn't (for a very clearly specified geographic reason) why would he go now?

And we're not letting him go anyway.

Many players choose where they want to be and then change their minds etc..so Id not say that's definitive on what might happen in the future.

The previous posts were about his value.

There will be very good players let go for what ever reason if clubs have to delist 5 plus spots. Generally id agree that as long as North are happy , and he is happy then he would stay there.

Many players choose where they want to be and then change their minds etc..so Id not say that's definitive on what might happen in the future.

The previous posts were about his value.

There will be very good players let go for what ever reason if clubs have to delist 5 plus spots. Generally id agree that as long as North are happy , and he is happy then he would stay there.

I can think of 10-15 players we will delist before Bailey. More probably lol.

Why would North entertain moving Scott on?

May not be a star but looks a nice prospect.

Surely the only chance is if he wants out. I guess also if you receive significant overs but that’s obviously not going to happen.

He's a second year player who got a Rising Star nom in his first game - which was in the death throes of the Scott era - and got dropped by said flailing Scott, then got badly concussed in the twos then broke his foot.

We're not trading him and no he's not a star but no player from his draft is either.

Probably but I doubt it will be just the bottom players that will be removed from lists.

Agree, but he's far from the bottom player on our list.

Agree, but he's far from the bottom player on our list.

I suspect there will be some hard choices based on dollars as much as anything. Again... like I stated earlier if by roos and Scott are happy Id suspect he stays where he is. Where would you have him in dollars for his second contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back