Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The kid is tracking very nicely.

3rd in the Hunter Harrison Medal and BOG in his last academy match vs Sydney

Scouting notes: Sydney Swans Academy vs. Gold Coast Academy

May 16, 2018 by Staff Writers

GOLD COAST

#10 Bailey Scott

Scott was best afield, his use of the footy by hand and foot was exceptional in wet, windy conditions. Scott’s work rate was a highlight as he pushed himself to get to contests all around the field. Scott’s ability to know where his teammates were and his ability to clear the ball to them from stoppages was outstanding. Scott’s leadership around the field was evident.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/...s-sydney-swans-academy-vs-gold-coast-academy/

I liken him a little bit to Mitch Duncan from the games I’ve seen of him.

The kid is tracking very nicely.

3rd in the Hunter Harrison Medal and BOG in his last academy match vs Sydney

Scouting notes: Sydney Swans Academy vs. Gold Coast Academy

May 16, 2018 by Staff Writers

GOLD COAST

#10 Bailey Scott

Scott was best afield, his use of the footy by hand and foot was exceptional in wet, windy conditions. Scott’s work rate was a highlight as he pushed himself to get to contests all around the field. Scott’s ability to know where his teammates were and his ability to clear the ball to them from stoppages was outstanding. Scott’s leadership around the field was evident.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/...s-sydney-swans-academy-vs-gold-coast-academy/

Has there been any word who he is leaning towards.. Gold Coast obviously need all the talent they could get..but it would not surprise me if their recent form has him doing a bit of a head check.

• Banned
Has there been any word who he is leaning towards.. Gold Coast obviously need all the talent they could get..but it would not surprise me if their recent form has him doing a bit of a head check.

No new revelations. I suspect he has been told to play a dead bat to avoid publicity. We're still confident.

Has been the odd mention that GC are confident. But nobody really has any solid info atm

It be interesting to see who he goes to.
1 report says he will stay up at the Gold Coast... The next one says it will be North. .. Then the next one says he'll be at Geelong.
Only time will tell.

1 report says he will stay up at the Gold Coast... The next one says it will be North. .. Then the next one says he'll be at Geelong.
Only time will tell.
Strangely there are different messages from "people who have spoken to him" saying the same things.

Im sure we will get more info over the next few months, mostly just speculation at the moment it seems

Strangely there are different messages from "people who have spoken to him" saying the same things.

Im sure we will get more info over the next few months, mostly just speculation at the moment it seems

Spot on the money. As been father son pick for both of our clubs, it will be interesting as we get a discount so we don't have to use our pick as such. With Geelong we have a round 1 pick then no 2nd round, we have I think 3 or 2 round 3 picks so we may have to use our highest pick as he is meant to be in the top 20. Plus we have Oscar Brownless to look as well.

Spot on the money. As been father son pick for both of our clubs, it will be interesting as we get a discount so we don't have to use our pick as such. With Geelong we have a round 1 pick then no 2nd round, we have I think 3 or 2 round 3 picks so we may have to use our highest pick as he is meant to be in the top 20. Plus we have Oscar Brownless to look as well.
Bit more complicated for us given the TT situation. We want to look at FA and even potentially trading our 1st for someone. But if say TT goes higher than we want, we could get wiped out almost on points depending on what we do with our first.

I have no real idea what we will end up doing at this stage. But would love bailey to nominate us.

Only time will tell.

There is no interest in Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a few factors in play as to who he chooses.

GC: Plenty of opportunities, doesn’t have to move and has been part of their academy. On the downside, GC can’t seem to get their act together on and off field.

Geelong: Good culture, will be always hovering in and around the top 8, involvement in their own father-son academy, good midfield to protect him and his father played for the club. However, the club dropped his father for the 94 grand final, he’ll have to move and he wouldn’t have the same midfield opportunities compared to the other 2 options.

North: Solid enough culture, plenty of mid opportunities, is good friends with other north father-sons, spent time in north’s father-son academy, father still comes down the club on occasion and his father won a premiership with the club. His father was dropped for the 99 tilt, has to move away from home and the list is still developing.

Toss a coin.

Bailey not giving him much but the interviewer appears to have word that he's leaning towards the Suns and already has a house on the Gold Coast. Would be good news for us because we absolutely need someone like him and it's always nice to add another talented local to our list. Fingers crossed.

Bailey not giving him much but the interviewer appears to have word that he's leaning towards the Suns and already has a house on the Gold Coast. Would be good news for us because we absolutely need someone like him and it's always nice to add another talented local to our list. Fingers crossed.

Mail is still very strong that he will be nominating North.

He has moved out of home on the Gold Coast so he can develop independent living skills whilst still being in the local vicinity of his parents for the time being.

He has moved out of home on the Gold Coast so he can develop independent living skills whilst still being in the local vicinity of his parents for the time being.

It would be good if he just came out and nominated someone... I think GC are the side in most need... but it doesn't work like that.

It would be good if he just came out and nominated someone... I think GC are the side in most need... but it doesn't work like that.

I figure the destination club and Bailey are aware as to his choice. Apart from that, no one else needs to know. Particularly if pick trades are in play.

No ..all clubs that have a claim to him should be informed once he has made up his mind..just like Blakey has.

Again, clubs have pick trades in play.

The kid doesn't have to make a choice until he thinks it's the right time.

You don't have any mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back