Rumour Bailey Smith mental health

SAweagle

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
it appears jealousy is the root cause of backlash against Smith. I personally avoid social media but that’s me. Just let him be him and good luck to him. People on here are jealous of lifestyle and his performance. If he retires today, he has achieved more in football than I ever did.

Ah yes any criticism or differing viewpoint is always jealousy.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Speaking of bed, wasn't that where most of the Melbourne tragics were watching it from? Either there or their lounge rooms. What a sh*t way to witness a flag after 57 years.
Yeah I probably wouldn’t have gone anyway tbh. I like watching on TV. Had lots of nice food and drink, quality drugs, finished off the weekend with some outrageous sex. Probably overdid it on the gear a bit but was a pretty unreal weekend all the same, anyway I’m sure winning the flag meant just as much to me as it did all the western suburbs battlers that couldn’t afford a ticket on 2016.

Might go if we make it this year, might not. It was a pretty fun night in the Toump Ass house.

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I probably wouldn’t have gone anyway tbh. I like watching on TV. Had lots of nice food and drink, quality drugs, finished off the weekend with some outrageous sex. Probably overdid it on the gear a bit but was a pretty unreal weekend all the same, anyway I’m sure winning the flag meant just as much to me as it did all the western suburbs battlers that couldn’t afford a ticket on 2016.

Might go if we make it this year, might not. It was a pretty fun night in the Toump Ass house.

shame you didn't get to throw hands with a doggie, weekend would have been complete

And then everybody clapped.

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Zero sympathy for him. Brings it upon himself anyway.

Cries mental health and the struggle of social media but is happy to post half nude as much as 6 hours ago on his instagram. If he was fair dinkum about his mental health he'd take the first step forward by closing down his social media for a significant period and cut the half nudes.

He's an insult to the real victims that are battling mental health.
Seems to be a big disparity between your reaction to this and your reaction to the extremely sad passing of Harley Balic. I wonder why?
Mental health is no joke and people process things in their own way.

Seems to be a big disparity between your reaction to this and your reaction to the extremely sad passing of Harley Balic. I wonder why?
Mental health is no joke and people process things in their own way.
People that use a rivalries as a reason to personally abuse players are the absolute worst sporting fans.

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Zero sympathy for him. Brings it upon himself anyway.

Cries mental health and the struggle of social media but is happy to post half nude as much as 6 hours ago on his instagram. If he was fair dinkum about his mental health he'd take the first step forward by closing down his social media for a significant period and cut the half nudes.

He's an insult to the real victims that are battling mental health.

That's the thing with mental health. It's all hidden and difficult to read when someone is in deep depression. I had a workmate in my old job about 10 years back who you would think was happy on the outside. A good looking dude who would tell jokes and make us all laugh everyday at work. Funny guy. Everytime we go out pubs, clubbing or whatever he'd have woman all over him. This guy basically had the world at his feet and I remember I use to look at him with jealously like I wish I could live that life you know, just once wouldn't it be good.

Anyhow long story short he left the company I was with to go and work in the mines at the time. Few months later I remember our supervisor calling us all in to break the news. We found out he had commited suicide. He put himself in front of a train.

Mental health can effect anyone and I just couldn't see the signs to help him. What I learnt over that is that anyone can hide depression. Doesn't pick and choose even if it's someone that appears to have a lot of wealth and is attractive can be just as depressed and suicidal. You just can't see it in a lot of people until it's too late. Never assume.

Last edited:

KetamineKerr

Senior List
Aug 5, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought it was all jealousy and hatred for this kid, but heard some disturbing second hand stories from females about his behaviour. Very much under the mental health umbrella though - I would hope he is not just a manipulative type. Wish him all the best.

Elaborate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs 2
Melbourne 13

Your club is dead set joke and has been irrelevant in its existence.

Now crawl back to your Doggy cage and come back out when you're relevant whenever that may be.

Enough on that. Not here here to derail thread .

Times a membership base have voted to merge with another club

Melbourne 1

Western Bulldogs 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Levenstein

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Times a membership base have voted to merge with another club

Melbourne 1

Western Bulldogs 0

Fitzroy and Footscray would have merged in 1990-93 ish if not for Peter Gordon. The debts were in a bad state. The club eventually decided to change its name to rid itself of the percieved "poor club mentality" I would prefer they kept the Footscray name.

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fitzroy and Footscray would have merged in 1990-93 ish if not for Peter Gordon. The debts were in a bad state. The club eventually decided to change its name to rid itself of the percieved "poor club mentality" I would prefer they kept the Footscray name.

I’m well aware of my clubs poor financial history history.

The only reason the merger didn’t go ahead is because the VFL stuffed up the process of cancelling/ending our license. That allowed one of our members to challenge it in court. With the help of the wider Victorian public, we raised enough money and support to meet the criteria set by the VFL. Apart from some scares in 96, 99 and 2002/3ish, we have been viable ever since.

The person who probably deserves the most credit for our current financial stability (at least relative to our history) is Campbell Rose. It is rare for someone in that role to leave our club in a better position then they found it, but that was certainly the case with him.

But please don’t let that distract you from the fact that the Melbourne membership once voluntarily voted to end being a stand alone club in their own right, and it would’ve happened had the Hawthorn members not voted against it. When Footscray/Western Bulldogs faced a merger, one of our members risked all their worldly possessions to stop it and succeeded.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's the thing with mental health. It's all hidden and difficult to read when someone is in deep depression. I had a workmate in my old job about 10 years back who you would think was happy on the outside. A good looking dude who would tell jokes and make us all laugh everyday at work. Funny guy. Everytime we go out pubs, clubbing or whatever he'd have woman all over him. This guy basically had the world at his feet and I remember I use to look at him with jealously like I wish I could live that life you know, just once wouldn't it be good.

Anyhow long story short he left the company I was with to go and work in the mines at the time. Few months later I remember our supervisor calling us all in to break the news. We found out he had commited suicide. He put himself in front of a train.

Mental health can effect anyone and I just couldn't see the signs to help him. What I learnt over that is that anyone can hide depression. Doesn't pick and choose even if it's someone that appears to have a lot of wealth and is attractive can be just as depressed and suicidal. You just can't see it in a lot of people until it's too late. Never assume.
That’s tragic and sad
FIFO can push some people to the edge .
I know I had my moments.

Jim Levenstein

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m well aware of my clubs poor financial history history.

The only reason the merger didn’t go ahead is because the VFL stuffed up the process of cancelling/ending our license. That allowed one of our members to challenge it in court. With the help of the wider Victorian public, we raised enough money and support to meet the criteria set by the VFL. Apart from some scares in 96, 99 and 2002/3ish, we have been viable ever since.

The person who probably deserves the most credit for our current financial stability (at least relative to our history) is Campbell Rose. It is rare for someone in that role to leave our club in a better position then they found it, but that was certainly the case with him.

But please don’t let that distract you from the fact that the Melbourne membership once voluntarily voted to end being a stand alone club in their own right, and it would’ve happened had the Hawthorn members not voted against it. When Footscray/Western Bulldogs faced a merger, one of our members risked all their worldly possessions to stop it and succeeded.

Voluntarily, please stop.The weak board of the time managed to convince 51% of members at the time with doomsday stories. It is a long time ago but the whole situation was bitter turmoil with a huge fallout. Melbourne didnt have a spokesperson as effective as Don Scott, that is it. Melbourne people did not want a merger so dont get distracted yourself. Thank goodness for Don Scott, I dont support either club but my view is Victoria's capital city shoukd forever be represented as a standalone. All clubs have relevance in developing history. The original post which sparked your reaction is typical of cocky demon supporters in 2022 but unless they win a second with this crop, the recent history of success is identical with dogs.

Back