Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Id say Sam Edmund must be getting his info on Bailey Smith on BigFooty as it has to be Bull 💩

It's been inevitable ever since we signed him up to that Cotton On deal. It's all part of the grand plan.

Uncle Steve playing puppet master once again!
Not heaps sold on Bailey being the right player for us to target but man oh man the number of conspiracy theories that would get stood up on the back of his cotton on ambassadorship would be outstanding. Some oppo fans would take the salt to their grave

Does Geelong not have a salary cap?
Doedee
Darcy
now Smith?

Lot of free house and hand packages being handed out down Geelongs way huh?
Uncle Frank is a very generous man when selling land to incoming recruits and keeping their top tier players “ I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse “ !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee
Darcy
now Smith?

Most of our players are old, as BF likes to remind Cats fans, and they are past the peak of their earning powers. Then we have quite a few young players who have not yet reached their prime years. Not many in their prime years and many retirements to come in the next few years. We would have quite a bit spare in the cap and we don't overpay players. But hurr durr free houses and $1 pubs.

Doedee
Darcy
now Smith?

We have an ageing list with lots of retirements coming. Cap space is fine.

Doedee
Darcy
now Smith?

Have you seen how many dollars we have on salary cap retiring in the next 8 to 30 games? Like a quarter of our list, most of those the highest paid players.

We genuinely wont hit the cap floor in 3-4 years if we don't find trade targets

We have an ageing list with lots of retirements coming. Cap space is fine.
This is how it goes

2020 - "Its okay, we have just backended Tom Stewarts deal and he will earn more later on. By doing that we can afford Jeremy Cameron now"
2023 - "Tom Stewart fricken old as. He wont be on big coin nowadays like he was before. We can easily afford Bailey Smith"

Doedee
Darcy
now Smith?

Lol maybe don't believe everything the AFL media tells you.

I suspect us and Smith is a smokescreen from his manager, as it likely was with Parish and Ash - who'll be re-signing soon.

Darcy was a flat out lie, refuted by all from both sides - including his manager (read the Darcy thread for more context).

TDK and Doedee are the only 'real' likelihoods at this stage - and they're not exactly 'cap breaking' players.

I have sources that say Geelong have been speaking into to Nick Daicos management. Every club would want Nick Daicos. That is a fact! He may stay or he may go. It’s a watch.

Going to get my journo degree now.

Dunno if it'll be the Cats but he should move somewhere. The way Beveridge uses him is a complete waste.

True. Seems like Bevo has tenure at the Dogs for life (they will never sack him imo)

I wonder if Hawthorn will come calling given he was a mad Hawks fan growing up ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back