Recommitted Bailey Smith [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad you said potentially, never rule out a Cats bounce back. People were saying we were done in 2015
Never, you could be 0-22 and I'll still think 1) you would beat us, 2) you would make finals.

People were saying we were done 2016. Sometimes they're right.
Did they say it multiple times? They said it after 2010 Prelim for us too then we won a Premiership, said it in 2015 after missing Finals then bounced back to top 2. Said we were cooked after 2021 Prelim.

How did 2022 go again?

If anyone can prove doubters wrong after a s**t year of injuries its us. No one has faith in us bouncing back which is dangerous for the comp.

Did they say it multiple times? They said it after 2010 Prelim for us too then we won a Premiership, said it in 2015 after missing Finals then bounced back to top 2. Said we were cooked after 2021 Prelim.

How did 2022 go again?

If anyone can prove doubters wrong after a s**t year of injuries its us. No one has faith in us bouncing back which is dangerous for the comp.
No fans ever accept when their era is over. Look at the hype around Dusty this off-season, Richmond fans think they're back on for flag number 4. I'm not saying Geelong can't improve next year, but this year was clearly not just an injury-riddled aberration. The champions are ageing, and older players get injured. It's not doom and gloom, because you have some good young talent, but I can't see the Cats in the finals next year.

No fans ever accept when their era is over. Look at the hype around Dusty this off-season, Richmond fans think they're back on for flag number 4. I'm not saying Geelong can't improve next year, but this year was clearly not just an injury-riddled aberration. The champions are ageing, and older players get injured. It's not doom and gloom, because you have some good young talent, but I can't see the Cats in the finals next year.

It literally was though. Basically the same squad that won a Premiership by 81 points on a 16 game win streak has 3 freak injuries within a space of a week to key defenders then spent the rest of the season gaining and losing best 22 players. Best and Fairest from 2022 Premiership side basically missed the whole season in the area of biggest weakness.

No one is saying they had West Coast levels of shithousery but it was pretty bad. Most of the injuries were freak accident injuries like broken bones that have nothing to do with age. You can't control those freak collision ones, especially to key position players who are integral to structure. I mean SAV OF ALL PEOPLE WAS GETTING REGULAR GAMES BECAUSE OF HOW BAD IT GOT.

We'll just have to wait and see. People had the same doubts many times before. I back in the fact they lost many games by under 10 points and had an extremely high % all year for a team that didn't make Finals. Will it guarantee them Finals?

Absolutely not! But am i more likely to back in a team who has missed Finals twice since 2007 over many other teams? As long as the key players are playing and available they absolutely can bounce back. Best ability is availability.

It literally was though. Basically the same squad that won a Premiership by 81 points on a 16 game win streak has 3 freak injuries within a space of a week to key defenders then spent the rest of the season gaining and losing best 22 players. Best and Fairest from 2022 Premiership side basically missed the whole season in the area of biggest weakness.

No one is saying they had West Coast levels of shithousery but it was pretty bad. Most of the injuries were freak accident injuries like broken bones that have nothing to do with age. You can't control those freak collision ones, especially to key position players who are integral to structure. I mean SAV OF ALL PEOPLE WAS GETTING REGULAR GAMES BECAUSE OF HOW BAD IT GOT.

We'll just have to wait and see. People had the same doubts many times before. I back in the fact they lost many games by under 10 points and had an extremely high % all year for a team that didn't make Finals. Will it guarantee them Finals?

Absolutely not! But am i more likely to back in a team who has missed Finals twice since 2007 over many other teams? As long as the key players are playing and available they absolutely can bounce back. Best ability is availability.
Aging players getting injuries isn't exactly unheard of though. And now they're another year older........

Aging players getting injuries isn't exactly unheard of though. And now they're another year older........
Breaking bones due to freak accident injuries is due to old age? If it's breaking it's breaking my dude it doesn't matter how old you are haha

But your club told us Sav's a gun and easily worth a first round pick...
Chris Scott is an entire club now is he? Lol

You know how Smithers flys in through the window with Mr Burns in bed? That's how Chris Scott feels about Sav despite how the rest of us just shook our heads. Dude is way too frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that basis, Bevo is the Western Bulldogs. Everything he says represents the entire club no matter if they are a player, board member or a fan...see how silly that sounds?
* me drunk, calm down chief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back