2 charges
Suspensions: Zero matches
Fines: $2,500
Court appearances: 0
2020: $500 fine for engaging in a melee
2021: $2000 fine for engaging in a melee
2021: Stepped over someone
2021: Pushed someone after a marking contest
Are you seriously trying to compare the rap sheet of a player barely into his 3rd season to a player in his 10th? LMAO. Also sneaky of you to include Greene's off-field indiscretions, yet completely disregard Smith's involvement with Hunters drink driving incident. That obviously doesn't suit your narrative so I can totally see why you excluded it.

Looks like he's on good pace btw.

Are you seriously trying to compare the rap sheet of a player barely into his 3rd season to a player in his 10th? LMAO. Also sneaky of you to include Greene's off-field indiscretions, yet completely disregard Smith's involvement with Hunters drink driving incident. That obviously doesn't suit your narrative so I can totally see why you excluded it.

Ok sure by his 3rd season Greene had only been suspended twice and fined four times (3 times by the MRP and once by the Magistrate's Court).

And you're right, Bailey Smith was practically behind the wheel in the Lachie Hunter incident. Grounds for immediate dismissal by the Bulldogs.

Comparing Smith to Greene is not a weird stretch at all.

Walking out the front of his GFs house to see his idiot teammate drunk and in a car accident, so he offers support is an off field indiscretion? Hahahahahah.

Paints a bleak picture of Essendons history with ‘off field indiscretions’ if that’s the bar you’re setting 😂

Ok sure by his 3rd season Greene had only been suspended twice and fined four times (3 times by the MRP and once by the Magistrate's Court).

And you're right, Bailey Smith was practically behind the wheel in the Lachie Hunter incident.

Comparing Smith to Greene is not a weird stretch at all.
You can't include off-field indiscretions for player A and then exclude them from player B just because it suits your narrative. What kind of logic is that? Sure he wasn't at the wheel, but he still was involved in a relatively serious crime. Pretty disingenuous on your behalf IMO.

Cut from the same cloth means "similar" not "100% identical in every single facet". Perhaps a Google search could clarify this next time and would save yourself some further embarrassment.

Give them both a full ten season period and them compare their history. Sure, Greene's will likely be worse. Would be a pretty tall order to beat it. But I'll be damned if they're not similar by the end of it 😉

Walking out the front of his GFs house to see his idiot teammate drunk and in a car accident, so he offers support is an off field indiscretion? Hahahahahah.

Paints a bleak picture of Essendons history with ‘off field indiscretions’ if that’s the bar you’re setting 😂

LMAO. The mental gymnastics required to convince yourself that this wasn't a big deal....great stuff bud.

Greene is the biggest dog in the AFL full stop. If he wasn’t playing AFL, he’d have one foot in jail. Smith is a private school kid wanting to fast track his influence in the competition. Yep he pushes the envelope and will find the right balance but they are a *ing WORLD away from each other.

You can't include off-field indiscretions for player A and then exclude them from player B just because it suits your narrative. What kind of logic is that? Sure he wasn't at the wheel, but he still was involved in a relatively serious crime. Pretty disingenuous on your behalf IMO.

Cut from the same cloth means "similar" not "100% identical in every single facet". Perhaps a Google search could clarify this next time and would save yourself some further embarrassment.

Give them both a full ten season period and them compare their history. Sure, Greene's will likely be worse. Would be a pretty tall order to beat it. But I'll be damned if they're not similar by the end of it 😉

LMAO. The mental gymnastics required to convince yourself that this wasn't a big deal....great stuff bud.
LMAO. The mental gymnastics required to even compare Toby Greene’s rap sheet to Bailey Smith... great stuff, bud. Gaslighting at its finest 😂😂😂

You're calling it an off field indiscretion, the only part of it being an 'indiscretion' was that he got a covid social distancing fine. You really keep embarrassing me here.

This is the Bulldogs' own statement about it:
"In our consideration of these matters, we also reviewed the position and conduct of Bailey Smith. We have concluded to make no criticism and invoke no sanction in respect of Bailey’s conduct beyond the fine imposed by Victoria Police for Bailey being found to be in breach of the travel and social distancing directions issued by the Chief Health Officer"

What a horrible indiscretion!

Definitely some rose-tinted glasses here, Lingy.

I don't quite understand the choirboy-like depiction of Smith when he's very clearly cut from the same cloth as someone like a Toby Greene.

Constant antagoniser on the field (almost hero like), pushing someones face into the ground or walking over opponents. He even rubbed your mate Derm the wrong way. I see someone like Bont as a passionate but fair player. Smith just looks like a campaigner in the making (if not already made).
When did Smith eye rake, kick someone in the face, or pull hair? Can you remind me of the time he assaulted a bouncer so badly he caused PTSD?

Lol Bulldogs fans even humouring an Essendon supporter is hilarious. Why bother?

Just take the L my dude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice 24 touches at 75% for Walshy last night. Has clearly worked on his disposal over the offseason and isn’t rushing it near as much. Also had the 7 tackles.

Not his greatest game but you’ll rarely see him have a quiet one. Worked into it well.

Nice 24 touches at 75% for Walshy last night. Has clearly worked on his disposal over the offseason and isn’t rushing it near as much. Also had the 7 tackles.

Not his greatest game but you’ll rarely see him have a quiet one. Worked into it well.

Would love him at the Dogs. Walsh and Smith on opposite wings would be a treat.

Definitely some rose-tinted glasses here, Lingy.

I don't quite understand the choirboy-like depiction of Smith when he's very clearly cut from the same cloth as someone like a Toby Greene.

Constant antagoniser on the field (almost hero like), pushing someones face into the ground or walking over opponents. He even rubbed your mate Derm the wrong way. I see someone like Bont as a passionate but fair player. Smith just looks like a campaigner in the making (if not already made).

Come off it mate, Smith has done nothing on field to deserve to be compared to Greene.. what a ridiculous comparison

Every week Carlton win this thread is bumped with some nuffie saying why Walsh is better. Honestly, they are both as good as each other. Cant split them.

Back