Moved Thread Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh

Who's better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite conclusive now. Sam Walsh has put a gap on Bailey Smith. End thread

Probably looks like that because the gap between Walsh and the rest of his team is enormous, whereas Smith isn't close to the best player at the Dogs.
Nah if Walsh was in that Dogs team he would be probably the second best player in the team, maybe Macrae ahead.

Walsh is just currently better, by a long way. It doesn't mean it will stay that way but all you can do is judge them on performances and Walsh is clearly a long way ahead at the moment.

Starting to put a few good games together is Smith. Was really flattened after Dermy had a dig at him, but definitely finding his mojo again. Good to see as this thread was starting to flatline.

Starting to put a few good games together is Smith. Was really flattened after Dermy had a dig at him, but definitely finding his mojo again. Good to see as this thread was starting to flatline.

‘Starting to flatline’ - this thread has been dead for months, as Walsh has transformed into one of the competitions elite midfielders while Smith is battling to break into the Bulldogs best 5 midfielders.

‘Starting to flatline’ - this thread has been dead for months, as Walsh has transformed into one of the competitions elite midfielders while Smith is battling to break into the Bulldogs best 5 midfielders.

Touch a nerve did i? I merely suggested Smith was starting to recapture some form. Walsh has no doubt had the better of Smith this year, it wasn’t so clear cut in previous years. And ain’t necessarily how it’ll be in years to come.

Touch a nerve did i? I merely suggested Smith was starting to recapture some form. Walsh has no doubt had the better of Smith this year, it wasn’t so clear cut in previous years. And ain’t necessarily how it’ll be in years to come.

Hasn’t been a year Walsh hasn’t been well ahead.

Smith started to close a chasmic gap last year, but until he develops into one of the competition’s elite it’s a moot point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Walsh will still be very clearly the better player. Can't hold it against him that hes been drafted to a terrible team.

Does holding onto the hope that Walsh will be “clearly the better player” keep you warm at night with such a basket case team? Because I can understand that.

Walsh is an awesome player, but there’s no guarantee of anything. Walsh, Rozee and Smith were neck and neck until Rozee fell away a year or so back. Smith along with Dunkley was our best player for the first handful of games this year and possibly in better form than Walsh. Up until the last few weeks, Walsh has been ahead of him by a mile. This time next year there’s every chance it’ll be the other way around.

I’d take Walsh ahead of Macrae, and it looks like once again the coaches are siding me on this one.

28 votes ahead FWIW.
Ah yes, the coaches votes. The be all and end all of every discussion.

Right now I’d suggest both players are inside the AA team. There’s no doubting that Walsh has had an incredible season. But I’m quite sure if you plonked Walsh in the bulldogs midfield the result may surprise you.

Right now I’d suggest both players are inside the AA team. There’s no doubting that Walsh has had an incredible season. But I’m quite sure if you plonked Walsh in the bulldogs midfield the result may surprise you.

Walsh would kill it, maybe even moreso than he is right now. (As an aside, how many other 21 years olds would hit a maximum 10 votes in a losing team against a premiership contender? Kid is a freak)

Wont quite get there with Bontempelli dominating, but he’d be a Brownlow chance in any other year.

What has happened on the rare occasions Walsh has copped the attention of an accountable opposition midfielder?

Most teams let him go because they back their midfield system to beat that of Carlton's.

Back