Recommitted Bailey Williams [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

dogspur

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The third of the three Baileys on the Bulldogs list, and the most likely one to actually depart.

From South Australia, he's a pacey, 187cm, smooth-moving half-back flanker with some great intercept marking skills, but has been out of favour for most of 2019.

Was looking like a genuine high quality rebounding defender in 2018 before picking up a foot injury. He was tipped to make the move to the midfield this year after training for that in pre-season, but it probably hasn't quite worked out.
Last played in round 17 against the Demons, and many thought he was very harshly dropped because he was just starting to find some form again.

Word on the Bulldogs board is that he isn't homesick but wants game time, and supposedly hasn't been offered a contract by the Bulldogs yet. Likely to be available for cheap.

Adelaide were into him in his draft year.

TWFpbkltYWdl

Is a very good player and worth a 2nd round pick on talent. But we can't justify asking for that as hes fallen out of the side so I think a 3rd rounder gets it done. Can see the swans going after him hes a classic buy low player

Is a very good player and worth a 2nd round pick on talent. But we can't justify asking for that as hes fallen out of the side so I think a 3rd rounder gets it done. Can see the swans going after him hes a classic buy low player
Could be part of Martin deal.

He'd slot right in and has the upside to be a top 5 player at the Suns. Still get the feeling that if he leaves, he'll just head home to SA, unless homesickness doesn't bother him anymore and he just wants the game time
Happy for him to get home then. I don't like player that are homesick and want to play AFL.

Happy for him to get home then. I don't like player that are homesick and want to play AFL.
It was more of a thing when he was younger (like freshly drafted). I'm not so sure it affects him anymore now he's matured. Would have to wait and see I guess

He's been played out of position all year. A much, much better player behind the ball.

BOG in the VFL on the weekend.

If he doesn't stay with us, he should 100% get a gig elsewhere. Way too good for seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good for VFL. Surely he would have a few takers for a 3rd rounder?
Yeah I'd say the majority of clubs would be willing to hand over a 3rd for him. Sucks because we just don't have room for him in our side, but he has huge potential, and we'll honestly look stupid in a few years' time for giving him up, especially since we won't receive anything better than around Pick 40 (more likely even less)

Yeah when you look at his situation:

Will never play midfield at a club with three of the top 40 players in the competition for this year. Unless he improves dramatically and they, plus the likes of lachie hunter, Bailey Smith and Tom Liberatore regress. Of that lot, Liberatore turned 27 this year and is the oldest. Jack Macrae is second oldest and he just turned 25.

As a half back flank he’s behind our captain, Caleb Saniel, Jason Johannisen and Hayden Crozier. Easton Wood is about to turn 30. The next oldest is JJ who is 27 this year.

Williams if he stayed at the dogs would need to bide his time quite a bit to get a run. He’s better than a depth player but not quite at the level of the other players. Wouldn’t begrudge him looking elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back