Bosun

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spurs
They have been pretty s**t, the PSO experiment has been costly, poorly planned and well s**t.

However hunting down a whistleblower is not uncommon for any government, someone has betrayed trust (ironic I know) however it hurts any government, credit to Brumby and Bracks for the Desal * up among the rest, they covered it well.

The "urgent bushfire recovery" expenditure is odd though, from the paragraph it sounds like they just avoided red tape to help out some really badly affected residents, if true why is that a bad thing? I'm sure Mantis will be able to inform me.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
They have been pretty s**t, the PSO experiment has been costly, poorly planned and well s**t.

However hunting down a whistleblower is not uncommon for any government, someone has betrayed trust (ironic I know) however it hurts any government, credit to Brumby and Bracks for the Desal **** up among the rest, they covered it well.

The "urgent bushfire recovery" expenditure is odd though, from the paragraph it sounds like they just avoided red tape to help out some really badly affected residents, if true why is that a bad thing? I'm sure Mantis will be able to inform me.

WTF? o_O

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/coalition-exposed-on-whistleblower-20130209-2e594.html

Baillieu is upset his government has been exposed as liars and dishonest negotiators...who knew? WHO KNEW?
lol.
Sadly state Vic labor are a hopeless case, but baillieu's incompetent bunch of right wing lunatics will probably hand a corrupt labor auto government next election.
If the Victorian branch of the ALP is corrupt please advise what the hell the Liberal Party is in Victorian? Now that Labor is gone from NSW & Queensland, the Baillieu government holds down the undisputed tag of the most corrupt State government in the country by a long way. Just look at the track record, they still haven't even done anything about Shaw, which itself shows that Baillieu is not interested in even looking into other dodgy Liberal Party MPs..

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
They dont nornmally get so corrupt so quickly

I wonder how someone who needed police help when they had 1000 policemen at the myer site might feel too

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
They dont nornmally get so corrupt so quickly

I wonder how someone who needed police help when they had 1000 policemen at the myer site might feel too
They normally don't but the 1000 police was just another example of how corrupt they have become. There was never a need for that many to be there, there were almost as many police as protesters.

Windhover

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2010
Ruffy
AFL Club
Carlton
They normally don't but the 1000 police was just another example of how corrupt they have become. There was never a need for that many to be there, there were almost as many police as protesters.
None of these are examples of corrupt behaviour. The tosser Shaw in Frankston has been referred to the police for investigation which is as it should be. Observably corrupt behaviour is very rare and that it is being exposed in NSW involving links to the organisational wing of the ALP in NSW is very disturbing.

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
None of these are examples of corrupt behaviour. The tosser Shaw in Frankston has been referred to the police for investigation which is as it should be. Observably corrupt behaviour is very rare and that it is being exposed in NSW involving links to the organisational wing of the ALP in NSW is very disturbing.
My problem with the statement of corrupt was it was made about the Victorian Branch of the ALP. There are no accusations that the Victorian ALP is corrupt, the Victorian Branch of the ALP also has nothing to do with the NSW branch of the ALP which has been on the nose for decades.

If people want to tarnish the Vic ALP as corrupt then please provide examples. I will take silence as acceptance that the Victorian Liberal party is far more corrupt than the Vic ALP.

Windhover

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2010
Ruffy
AFL Club
Carlton
My problem with the statement of corrupt was it was made about the Victorian Branch of the ALP. There are no accusations that the Victorian ALP is corrupt, the Victorian Branch of the ALP also has nothing to do with the NSW branch of the ALP which has been on the nose for decades.

If people want to tarnish the Vic ALP as corrupt then please provide examples. I will take silence as acceptance that the Victorian Liberal party is far more corrupt than the Vic ALP.

I agree with you entirely in relation to the Vic Branch of the ALP. My only concern is that use of the word "corrupt" should be confined to its traditional meaning and not simply be a strong form of "I do not like policy decision X".

Although I am still trying to close the stable door, the word "lie" in a political context, certainly in BF land, means no more than "a statement of intention made by a person that can be warped and misinterpreted so that a subsequent action appears inconsistent with the earlier statement."

For example Abbott has stated recently that his shadow ministry should all keep their jobs after the election. Blind Freddy could tell you that Abbott is not promising that no ill-health, electoral misfortune or subsequent incompetence will not change his mind. One can only hope the commentary at that future date would be on who was best suited to be a Minister and his recent statement could be ignored.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There are no accusations that the Victorian ALP is corrupt, the Victorian Branch of the ALP also has nothing to do with the NSW branch of the ALP which has been on the nose for decades.

Sure there are. See desal, in particular Kenneth Davidson's allegations in The Age. How many billions is that thing going to cost taxpayers?

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Sure there are. See desal, in particular Kenneth Davidson's allegations in The Age. How many billions is that thing going to cost taxpayers?
Bad business decisions aren't corruption its just incompetence, which is now the norm for everyone in politics regardless of the party they represent.

CLUBMEDhurst

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2008
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/coalition-exposed-on-whistleblower-20130209-2e594.html

Baillieu is upset his government has been exposed as liars and dishonest negotiators...who knew? WHO KNEW?
lol.
Sadly state Vic labor are a hopeless case, but baillieu's incompetent bunch of right wing lunatics will probably hand a corrupt labor auto government next election.

Anybody involved in this dispute could see this. HACSU were aware of this from the get-go, and played their hand accordingly, unlike the ANF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Didnt Justin maddern when planning minister get caught for giving all the contracts to his mates?
Thought he just handed them out to any developer mate or otherwise.

If you want that, then what was the whole Phillip Island debacle, having a mate buy land then rezone it so he can develo it or flog it to developers at a massive profit. Much worse than Madden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back