The Law BAKE THAT CAKE .... WAX THOSE BALLS

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Thoughts on the Yaniv saga?

tl/dr, an individual who identifies as a woman takes (over 15) Canadian salons to the British Columbian human rights tribunal for refusing to perform brazillian wax services on ... 'her'.

this bloke seriously has problems. i dont think that there should be any obligation for someone doing something they feel uncomfortable with. having said that there will be loud support for his stance after previous similar situations like the pronoun issue.

A business refuses service, shouldn't they be allowed to?
Small businesses and non-essential services, sure. A supermarket or a phone company, maybe not. Hence the current debate over social media censorship... will we get to a point where Twitter access is considered a basic right, like phone line access?

Small businesses and non-essential services, sure. A supermarket or a phone company, maybe not. Hence the current debate over social media censorship... will we get to a point where Twitter access is considered a basic right, like phone line access?
Mobile providers can refuse post-paid services based on credit scores (in Australia).
Mobiles sold in Australia can call 000 or 112 without a SIM so nobody is denied access to emergency services, but I can see your point.

In this instance, to put it delicately, here a bit more 'surface area' to consider when waxing which should be a consideration.

i agree however look at issues like the wedding cake one in the us
I don't understand this point...

We have people explain that the reason they continued to boo Goodes, or they started to boo Goodes, was because they were told they can't...

"If you tell someone they can't do it, they're going to want to do it even more".
The same as "political correctness" or gender pronouns.
"Don't tell me what I need to call someone! I've got no problem with these people, but I'll refuse to do it because I'm sick of PC culture telling me what to do!!"

But they also hold the view... "Why don't the just get their cake somewhere else?"

So doing offensive things to minorities because you're told not to, is OK. But if you're a minority, you should just go elsewhere?

Johnathan Yaniv has a penis and balls yet identifies as female. In true modern Canadian style, instead of basic common sense, this will be resolved by the left eating itself. Apparently it has a history of inappropriate comments about young females and 'people of colour'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there ball barber franchises in Canada? Just go there.

Mofra if this is adult content, sorry!

"Short back and sides please"

PS - I don't mod here.

Jessica Yaniv (happy to refer to them by their preferred name - there's no reason to be stubborn about it) has issues. Her litigious behaviour regarding these small businesses is reprehensible IMO. A lot of people's lives have been terribly affected by her illigitimate crusade and I hope she gets what she deserves.

i agree however look at issues like the wedding cake one in the us
Or a gay cake maker being asked by a Christian customer to write in one of his creations that 'Homosexuality is an abomination'. In that example the gay business owner is well within his/her rights to knock that request back, it's basic common sense.

What would be unacceptable and discriminatory is if a customer that clearly identifies as a Christian/Muslim/whatever merely wants to purchase an ordinary run-of-the-mill cake and the gay owner out rightly refuses because he/she finds Christians/Christianity offensive and has no intentions of providing them with his/her services or vice versa with the roles reversed (Christian owner/gay customer).

I find interesting that no Christian to date has ever attempted this but a gay couple shamelessly and deliberately targeted a business owned by a Christian for that very purpose. It says a lot in my opinion.

Jessica Yaniv (happy to refer to them by their preferred name - there's no reason to be stubborn about it) has issues. Her litigious behaviour regarding these small businesses is reprehensible IMO. A lot of people's lives have been terribly affected by her illigitimate crusade and I hope she gets what she deserves.

I'm surprised Gillette haven't stepped in to help.

So this bloke reckons he started menstruating at 13 or 14.
Testified as such last week at a Human Rights Commission last week.

He wants to host an "All Bodies Swim" for glbt etc at a local pool for teenagers over 12.
No parents or guardians allowed.
Thats not suss at all :rolleyes:

D_JPiWAUcAAZAaS.png

He's hoping he can get the young girls to go topless.

So this bloke reckons he started menstruating at 13 or 14.
Testified as such last week at a Human Rights Commission last week.

He wants to host an "All Bodies Swim" for glbt etc at a local pool for teenagers over 12.
No parents or guardians allowed.
Thats not suss at all :rolleyes:

D_JPiWAUcAAZAaS.png

He's hoping he can get the young girls to go topless.

This thread has rightfully been a little comedic but what you posted should be treated seriously and not just in relation to the individual involved.

It has become accepted by much of the psychological community and also social workers, and even politicians, to accept people claiming to be transgender at face value. Whereas the evidence of high co-incidence with other mental illnesses points to it be being part of a more general dissociative condition. For example, a male who claims he started menstruating at 13 or 14 is clearly delusional.

Then there are examples where biological males have used claims of transgender to sexually harass females.

eg
Nine women have filed a lawsuit against a Fresno homeless shelter, accusing the nonprofit of allowing a transgender biological man claiming to be a woman to sexually harass them.​
The shelter’s rules require all women to shower daily. Though the shelter provides individual shower stalls, the women dress and undress in a common area.​
A “male who identifies as female,” and identified in the complaint by his initials, was also residing at Naomi’s House at the time. During the times when the women were dressing and undressing in the common area, the lawsuit claims the biological man made lewd comments to them about their breasts and other body parts. Some of the women charged the man was peering at them in the showers between the cracks in the stalls.​
Additionally, the complaint states the man allegedly showed some of the women nude photos and videos of him masturbating.​

https://www.breitbart.com/local/201...nsgender-sexual-harassment-in-fresno-shelter/

According to this report “Almost half of trans women prisoners are sex offenders,”

Johnathan Yaniv has a penis and balls yet identifies as female. In true modern Canadian style, instead of basic common sense, this will be resolved by the left eating itself. Apparently it has a history of inappropriate comments about young females and 'people of colour'.
Meaning she will end up with just one ball.

So much transphobia here. It's disgusting. Her body, her choice. So sick of white straight males and their bigoted opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back