Multiplat Baldur's Gate III

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this challenging enough on the default normal difficulty for a first run?
If you aren't familiar with DnD and turn based games, absolutely normal is difficult enough. I had to drop it down from normal to explorer before finishing the prologue on my first playthrough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you aren't familiar with DnD and turn based games, absolutely normal is difficult enough. I had to drop it down from normal to explorer before finishing the prologue on my first playthrough

Once you understand the important elements of combat it becomes easier.
If you can control the battle it becomes much easier.
Initiative and advantage make huge differences.
There are things to use in combat every turn - movement, actions, bonus actions and reactions. Knowing how to utilise them all makes a difference.
Also using elevation and cover and knowing who to target in a battle can be the difference.
There are some YouTube guides on all of this stuff that can be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but they don’t revive dead characters.

Going to have to go back to an old save

If you have Hope or another cleric they should have revivify. Or you should have scrolls.

Nice write up in the NY Times

30 odd hours into my second run, I missed so much in act 2 the first time around haha.

Running with a different party this time but feel like I haven’t got the balance right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You can always re class the other characters at withers so you get their story but others combat strengths. Look into multiclassing as well.

I made it through the House of Hope after delaying it for a couple weeks. Was able to rescue Hope fairly easily. Somehow convinced Yurgir to be on my team in the battle despite needing to roll a 30 and only having +8 in bonus (I rolled a 20). It was super ******* hard to put damage on Raphael with any of my characters apart from Gale. So had to keep him alive and kept spamming the missiles spell. Ended up with 2 party members alive but we made it in the end. I swear I make this game hard for myself with my disgusting build for my main character rogue.

Just made my character and played through up to where you get dumped on the beach.

Went with a Forest Gnome Sorcerer. Don't feel my specs or build choices were optimal but without knowing the game it's hard to know what is.

I just wanted to do something different, instead of a physical main I went a caster/mage main, instead of a fire focus I went ice.

Have some thoughts on who I want in my party but apparantly you can re class and re spec them so just choose who's a cool character that you like?

Have some thoughts on who I want in my party but apparantly you can re class and re spec them so just choose who's a cool character that you like?
I would just put the characrers you like the most in your party or you feel are important for sections of the story

At some stage in Act 1 you will unlock the ability to pay to re-spec characters so if you love 2 companions but you can't work out how they are used in combat or double up with your main you can change them

I made it through the House of Hope after delaying it for a couple weeks. Was able to rescue Hope fairly easily. Somehow convinced Yurgir to be on my team in the battle despite needing to roll a 30 and only having +8 in bonus (I rolled a 20). It was super ******* hard to put damage on Raphael with any of my characters apart from Gale. So had to keep him alive and kept spamming the missiles spell. Ended up with 2 party members alive but we made it in the end. I swear I make this game hard for myself with my disgusting build for my main character rogue.
not a spoiler but rolling a nat 20 will always cause a success, same as how rolling a 1 will always be a fail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back