Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wishing him all the best. Sounds like something more serious than homesickness to me. I'm sure the club are supporting him well with whatever he is going through.

Suspect it would be too much to ask the media to f off and respect his privacy?

Wow... Triple M that is some disgraceful click-bait.
Man, that is actually disgusting.

While on the topic of disgusting, I know he is entitled to privacy and all but I really really really want to know whats going on and whether I should just write him off. I'm with everyone else so far, surely its more than homesickness if he needs leave though I suppose McCarthy was pretty much the same situation

Last edited:
Remember when Mitch Clark was the standard for homesick guys to get out of the club they didn't want to be at.....good times

IMG_0960.jpg please dont be homesickness
Please don't be homesickness
Please don't be homesickness
D"OH!!?????????

(Clearly provides no further insight. Not starting speculation. Just wants to be with his dad at the moment.)

Oh FFS.
Leaves you wondering if he was left out of the side last week for an "illness" or if there is something deeper going on.
Surely in circumstances like this the club would be better off to give a clearer indication of what the issues are? Stating "personal issues" is too vague & leaves things open to unfair speculation.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only after he complained to the club he wanted to leave for months, then flew to WA and refused to come back.

This seems a bit more serious
Not Sure is more serious , but I am not going to post my opinion to make it worse .

And if that is the case, then fair enough.
But if it is the case, why do the club not just say that? ie: has been granted indefinite leave to spend time with ill father.

Maybe because father is entitled to keep his health problems private if he has them? Harley's the player, not his dad.

"Glad to be with the old man" - suggests it's a family issue. Hope all is ok.

Relieved he didn't say "glad to be home with the old man"

Maybe because father is entitled to keep his health problems private if he has them? Harley's the player, not his dad.
No-one is asking for a detailed health report on his father. Just information that will quash the inevitable speculation that will arise from such a vague statement from the club.
God knows there are enough trolls around without giving them even more fodder?
Just a simple "father with health issues" would not be intrusive to the father & immediately stops speculation.

No-one is asking for a detailed health report on his father. Just information that will quash the inevitable speculation that will arise from such a vague statement from the club.
Just a simple "father with health issues" would not be intrusive to the father & immediately stops speculation.

Personal issue is go enough .

Like "he wants to play for Carlton"

Maybe its a family illness and Fremantle are sending a message to Jesse Hogan that "this is how a real club deals with these issues" after Jesse was only given a few days off to spend with his dying father.

That said, I am not privy to Jesse's situation, but just struck me as odd that whilst his old man was dying he was still in Melb playing footy until the last week or so. I wonder how much of that was pressure from Melbourne to stay vs Jesse wanting to keep busy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back