Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone for pick 66. Good luck Balic. Feeling a bit pissed off at Lloyd for letting us get bent over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand how we can draft a kid at #38, then rehabilitate his injury and get him AFL ready...and he can actually lose value down to #66. Absolute rort.

I don't understand how we can draft a kid at #38, then rehabilitate his injury and get him AFL ready...and he can actually lose value down to #66. Absolute rort.

It makes no sense. Surely there aren't 66 kids earmarked as being more talented than Balic in this draft... and unlike them, he's already actually shown he can play at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We treat our players right. Sure we got shafted here and I'm dirty about losing a good player for 66, but, rather help the kid who obviously struggled than end up like that s**t pile GWS.

Needs to be done that way because it's the right thing to do, I'd hate it if the club didn't.

But also has benefits in player retention if our own list don't see us as a bunch of arses. Helps us to trade as players won't see us as a bunch of arses.

Only given a one year deal with Melbourne.. you'd think a young player of Balic's playing ability and potential would have been offered at least two. Off-field issues no doubt. Probably loves a bender. The club has done the right thing in letting him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can't win them all I spose, hopefully we use similar to get Matera home, that would balance it out.

Roberton and now Balic, even Crozier went unders IMO but as MadDocker pointed out it shows we treat our players with respect when they have issues, and don't piss about like those turds from Bankstown

Only given a one year deal with Melbourne.. you'd think a young player of Balic's playing ability and potential would have been offered at least two. Off-field issues no doubt. Probably loves a bender. The club has done the right thing in letting him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is this where we start making rumours that he's on his second strike? Lines up with his two periods of "personal leave".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back