Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm homesickness and other issue that come with missing your family..

It's a shame he's not loving his time in Perth. I think it's a great destination for a young guy.

I wonder if the club do enough in player welfare to make it *fun* during downtimes

GWS players seem to really enjoy living together etc when they first launched.

It's a shame he's not loving his time in Perth. I think it's a great destination for a young guy.

I wonder if the club do enough in player welfare to make it *fun* during downtimes

Cheers for the info. What's the other issue?

Why? I have no reason to make stuff up and this is the only time I've ever posted on this board.
I'm trying to keep you guys in the loop.

Other than being one of the biggest trolls on the site? Nobody's falling for your s**t Adz old boy.

I don't wanna be too blunt but homesickness equals being down etc
Yep that's right.

Whilst he didn't use the word homesick when he approached the club, it essentially amounts to the same issue. Freo were taken aback considering last year there were no issues the club were made aware of even though he wasn't playing any footy. So they were pretty surprised because this came out of the blue especially given he had been playing AFL footy. The club told him to take time off and see his family and expect him back in about 4 weeks

Either way you'd think he probably won't play for Freo again or at least ask to be trade at the end of the year.

Fair enough with your information about him being homesick. We can all thank you for that.

After your first line, the rest is just your opinion and probably why you received a couple of cold responses.

So to clarify:

1) You have confirmed he is homesick and is struggling with aspects that surround this. - If you're in the know and let's assume you are, then thanks.

2) He's not loving his time in Perth - Your opinion and perhaps right, but you're connecting 2 dots that may have nothing to do with each other. He can love his time in Perth and also be homesick. So this point is just your opinion and therefore no one really cares.

3) I wonder if the club do enough in player welfare to make it *fun* during downtimes - This is the comment that is out of line. It has accusatory tones and once again is simply your opinion. Our retention rate would have to be close to the best in the league and considering we're isolated, is remarkable. I would argue that the fact we have such a high retention rate points to the HIGH POSSIBILITY that our club identifies welfare as important and has structures in place to assist. Something like giving a bloke an indefinite amount of time is a start.

4) GWS players seem to really enjoy living together etc when they first launched - Again this comment is comparing us to another side and is delivered in an accusatory tone. Plus it's just your opinion and the fact you used the word 'seem' just shows that you know jack.

Thanks for point 1.

For the other points? Well I think I've made my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about him being a troll or not but he's got the "homesick equals being down" bit right.

Nothing but a s**t stirrer who has as much inside knowledge as my barber does. Everyone has said homesickness from the start, regurgitating the most prolific rumour does not equate to any kind of insight.

Yep that's right.

Whilst he didn't use the word homesick when he approached the club, it essentially amounts to the same issue. Freo were taken aback considering last year there were no issues the club were made aware of even though he wasn't playing any footy. So they were pretty surprised because this came out of the blue especially given he had been playing AFL footy. The club told him to take time off and see his family and expect him back in about 4 weeks

Either way you'd think he probably won't play for Freo again or at least ask to be trade at the end of the year.
Where does all this come from,were you in the room??

Find it hard to believe we dont do enough to keep it "fun". We have an amazing player retention rate with our interstate boys who love it here which makes me wonder why someone would come here to speculate what we have done wrong.

Balic is one player and is percieved to be homesick which hasnt been said on the record, however this does not mean we have a problem with the way we manage our players. If anything we do it exceptionally well.

Find it hard to believe we dont do enough to keep it "fun". We have an amazing player retention rate with our interstate boys who love it here which makes me wonder why someone would come here to speculate what we have done wrong.

Balic is one player and is percieved to be homesick which hasnt been said on the record, however this does not mean we have a problem with the way we manage our players. If anything we do it exceptionally well.
The club put a waterslide at the new etaf - I'm not sure what more they could do

Fair enough with your information about him being homesick. We can all thank you for that.

After your first line, the rest is just your opinion and probably why you received a couple of cold responses.

So to clarify:

1) You have confirmed he is homesick and is struggling with aspects that surround this. - If you're in the know and let's assume you are, then thanks.

2) He's not loving his time in Perth - Your opinion and perhaps right, but you're connecting 2 dots that may have nothing to do with each other. He can love his time in Perth and also be homesick. So this point is just your opinion and therefore no one really cares.

3) I wonder if the club do enough in player welfare to make it *fun* during downtimes - This is the comment that is out of line. It has accusatory tones and once again is simply your opinion. Our retention rate would have to be close to the best in the league and considering we're isolated, is remarkable. I would argue that the fact we have such a high retention rate points to the HIGH POSSIBILITY that our club identifies welfare as important and has structures in place to assist. Something like giving a bloke an indefinite amount of time is a start.

4) GWS players seem to really enjoy living together etc when they first launched - Again this comment is comparing us to another side and is delivered in an accusatory tone. Plus it's just your opinion and the fact you used the word 'seem' just shows that you know jack.

Thanks for point 1.

For the other points? Well I think I've made my point.
Which is what? That you're a one eyed supporter who can't bear to hear anything remotely questionable about the club, so becomes an abusive ahole?

(I'm picturing you saying la, la, la, I can't hear you with fingers firmly in ears whenever this, mj's summer behaviour, Harley1's erratic behaviour or anything similar are mentioned)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back