Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Drugs wouldn't surprise me. Obviously I hope it isn't, but (again using Instagram stalking as my only evidence) it looks like he hangs out with a few blokes fairly into the gear. Not talking about Bennell either. One of the guys who comments on his Insta brags on his own account about how much he loves the pingas etc. Also, in one of his recent pics Balic looks absolutely cooked.

When he was drafted many said he gets on the gear. Where there's smoke etc.

Heard from a reliable source that he also prefers extra vegemite on his toast in the mornings which has led to a Vitamin B dependency. Apparently his excessive vitality levels resulted in his GF leaving him and his Dad buying him a 70k house in Dandenong.

Heard from a reliable source that he also prefers extra vegemite on his toast in the mornings which has led to a Vitamin B dependency. Apparently his excessive vitality levels resulted in his GF leaving him and his Dad buying him a 70k house in Dandenong.
That's a serious condiment. Have also heard he's on the sauce (not sure which one - tabasco perhaps?).

In fairness the coaches have been on his case to spread better.

There's a bit of a rumour going around in Melbourne that it's drugs - no idea if there's any merit or substance to the rumour, and it does tend to be the first conclusion people jump to (and then spread around) in a situation like this with little-to-no official info, but anyway, it's out there.

I will continue hope for a decent outcome until there is confirmation from the club or the player.

He is injured and would not be playing for another couple of weeks regardless of any personal issues so perhaps he will reset for next season. RTB has spoken well of him. Neither of these are convincing arguments but nor are any of the other negative reasons and rumours posted here. Wait and see and hope for the best.

What a load of crap. You can't buy a house in Dandenong that expensive

That it would be hidden from match day drug testers so long. Pain pill addicts aren't the sort to skip the meds for a couple of days to flush it out before the game on the weekend.

Michael O'Lauchlin played 300 games at the highest level and said that he was tested once in his whole career so not all that impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha the speculation is getting ridiculous - now people think he has a pain killer addiction?!
Probably because it's perceived as less problematic than recreational drug abuse, which is the conclusion many of us want to jump to. Hopefully we find out one way or another soon but I don't mind the lack of info at this stage. We're not entitled to know and clearly the club feels respecting his privacy is the most important thing at this stage. Or they're trying to keep the lid on a potentially massive scandal. Whichever.

We took Harley Bennel.
Someone will take Balic, maybe we play hardball and offer him to GC for Brandon matera
He is out of contract at the end of the year so we cant play hardball and cant send him anywhere in a trade and then the draft in the new year he gets picked up and Freo get nothing.

The drugs thing doesn't quite ring true for me.
The club have been publicly very supportive about his 'issues' and positive about him remaining a part of the team. What if it was drugs and it eventually became public? The club would look negligent and disinterested in "player welfare" by letting him just go back to Melbourne simply to induldge in his vice.

Sharing love by himself probably caused the wrist injury though. Maybe a bit more time sharing love with at least 1 other is not such a bad thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back