Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep it's heading that way on this board at times.
Unless you're being really creative there's very little basis to construct a disparaging narrative about Harley Balic.
Lyon has provided the information that he has a very candid and healthy relationship with the kid,describes his application and talent in very positive terms and tells us his predicament is complex,and wants everyone to respect his privacy.
I'll just leave it alone 'til someone who knows lets me know what it's about.

I'm probably the only one who finds what hes doing disrespectful. First his dad supposingly jokes about offering him money to stay, then he misses most of his first year with injury, club exploited a rule in the wafl to get him to play finals. Second year he has the chance to repay the faith in us, for drafting him with a dodgy wrist and missing almost all of the afl season, he goes home not once but twice. Changing Melbantle to Melburn before the season has ended and your contract expires? Not really sure why everyone keeps wishing him well, commonsense is hes homesick, with a full pre season there is a strong chance he'll line up in the best 22 in Round One for his new team, while screwing us over at the trade table.
Depends which way you look at it, I almost took it as a positive thing. Him saying that although he is still in Melbourne, his heart is with Freo. You could also look at him saying I wish Freo was in Melbourne..

His dad didn't put out a statement to the public, Harley was talking to the media about having to move interstate and relayed a joke his dad said about his move. The media then did what it does and made something out of nothing.
That does make a difference and I know the media are a bunch of prats, but even so as parents you need to be careful to only be putting positives in front of the kid. But I am certainly not having a big cry about it and wish the kid well. Everyone has things in life that could have been handled better and if this ends up being his worst "thing" he will have done alright.

I read the 'Melburn', as part Melbourne part Cockburn. It's exactly the same as what was there before essentially. Melmantle or whatever it was.

Some people need to chill the **** out.
not to stir because i personally don't have a whole lot of feelings if he stays/goes, the cogs keep turning, but he has posted in the past as a nickname for Melbourne
IMG_8705.PNG

FCS it's speculation, in areas where there are knowledge gaps, on an internet chat room. No one is stalking his house or his facebook account

His insta account is getting a fair stalking by the look of previous posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a feeling he'll somehow "miraculously" turn into a dedicated, hard working and successful AFL player next year. I too don't have anything concrete to back this up but I think he's playing us for fools to get his own way.
He is already.

Let's be honest.

Anytime a player heads interstate during the season except to play games, people are going to be nervous.
By that I mean anytime anyone goes interstate there is speculation. This is only exacerbated by a lack or contract.
Hogan last year is a great example.
Balic has taken things one stage further. No disclosure as to why.

Now I'm not saying we have a right to know. We don't. But people are people and speculation will be rife until he signs or goes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just like we make assumptions on what we see with Greene, or good bloke Hodge, we make the same with Balic.

Whatever's going on, the truth will come out hopefully and we'll make judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back