Ball Sposnor

Remove this Banner Ad

Great initiative there by the Geelong Foobtall Club, and looking forward to seeing one of those balls fly into the crowd...

Which clubs don’t have a sponsor now?

Sponsor boost

spon.jpg

Jetstar CEO Alan Joyce with Cats CEO Brian Cook.

Thursday, April 15
FIONA WELSH

GEELONG has scored a major coup, signing Jetstar to sponsor its match-day ball and a new junior football program.
The new airline, due to start flying out of Avalon in May, has signed a "substantial six-figure deal'' with the Cats for one year.

Club chief executive Brian Cook said "this is outstanding news given we've lost three games, let's be honest about this''.

"We've been able to announce a substantial sponsorship and we think we can continue to do this with a couple more (deals) up our sleeves.

"If we can add a win or two on the back of this then I think it would be fantastic for us all.''

Jetstar branding will feature on the match ball for each of Geelong's 11 home games this season starting with the Richmond clash at Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

Cook said the grass-roots program would allow the Cats to develop closer links with the 30 junior clubs which involved 82 teams and 1500 players.

"It means the club would get closer to the kids and the kids would come to the footy, and if we catch them young they might stay with us a bit longer,'' Cook said.

The agreement will see Geelong players hold training sessions for the junior clubs, supply balls and jumpers signed by the captain and coach, tickets to games and access to the Cats' pre-game changeroom routine.

Jetstar chief executive Alan Joyce said the company had been overwhelmed by the Geelong community's support of the new service and looked forward to a long relationship with the city and the Cats.

Originally posted by holdencaulfield
Great news for the club. Being so white means is a good move by Jetsrar as stands out and everyone knows what it says.

it also stuffs up the vision for the players, would have been a lot better if it just set "Jet" in white and had a yellow star or something like that.

Originally posted by Moo://_Cow
it also stuffs up the vision for the players, would have been a lot better if it just set "Jet" in white and had a yellow star or something like that.
Exactly, that was my first reaction when I saw it.

Practically ½ the ball is white, and would provide a small amount of difficulty for the players to pick up, especially in inclement weather.

Football looked good last night.

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing the red ball.

Everyone will know our ball sponser by just looking which has to be good for both club and sponser . After watching a weekend of footy the pies and Yakka are the only other one i can positively identify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back