Rumour Ballantyne To West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross the Boss has rocked the boat I reckon.
You could be right. Freo haven't looked like much of a side this year even accounting for injuries.

Then again, he might have been tapped on the shoulder and would prefer to not move out of the state if he can help it but will move east if need be.

I'm not sure if we would take him. I don't think we need him with LeCras and Hill in the team and I don't think his form has been that good over the last couple of years. Tends to score big or disappear (not unlike LeCras and Hill).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could be right. Freo haven't looked like much of a side this year even accounting for injuries.

Then again, he might have been tapped on the shoulder and would prefer to not move out of the state if he can help it but will move east if need be.

I'm not sure if we would take him. I don't think we need him with LeCras and Hill in the team and I don't think his form has been that good over the last couple of years. Tends to score big or disappear (not unlike LeCras and Hill).

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ross has told a few of the players like Ballantyne they won't be in his plans.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ross has told a few of the players like Ballantyne they won't be in his plans.

And that is fair enough to. But if that is the case, where does Fyfe sit? Clearly Fyfe wants to be a part of a premiership team, but Freo moving on Ballantyne won't exactly speed that up. If Ross is going towards youth, then Fyfe would be silly to stay on. I can't see Freo pushing for a flag in the next 4-5 years. They are going to lose Pavlich, Sandilands, Johnson, Ballantyne, Barlow and Mundy, all in the next 2-3 years. It is going to take Fremantle a long time IMO. Their youth isn't great. Granted it isn't terrible, but it is on par with middle of the road sides - who won't have to cover the loss of as many stars over the next few years.

What the actual **** is going on at Freo??!!

A cleanout of ageing players is what you would do as a Coach with a freshly minted 5 year contract.

There's plenty going on at Freo. I reckon Ross is gonna prove yay or nay whether he can build his own list.

A cleanout of ageing players is what you would do as a Coach with a freshly minted 5 year contract. There's plenty going on at Freo. I reckon Ross is gonna prove yay or nay whether he can build his own list.
This is pretty much spot on.
Ross Lyon "cant re-build a list".....Starts re-building a list and it becomes a talk about players wanting out due to "culture" and players not getting on with the coach or team-mates.
Ross Lyon, damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.
If we win a premiership 4-5 years from now, I for one wont be saying "Aww...that should be Ballantyne up there getting a medal".
List changes for future development are simply list changes for future development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back