Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Ballas for MacKenzie is a fair swap. Ballas hasn't had a knee injury. Ballas can win you a game. McKenzie is just a stopper like Dawson.

Last edited:
Experienced defender which Uber and Keital aren't.
If we going to keep silva,dawson and johnson for one more year cant see where he fits, paying high wages to play wafl a big no to me . Waste of salary cap.
As for uber and keital if improve play afl and slowly increase their pay. I rather keep some salary cap for walters , s.hill.

If we going to keep silva,dawson and johnson for one more year cant see where he fits, paying high wages to play wafl a big no to me . Waste of salary cap.

Silva and Johnson have bodies made of chalk ,more out than in. Dawson has to keep out of the way of the MRP. Without those three we have Collins , Pearce and Uber. Not a lot of games played between those three. :rolleyes:

Silva and Johnson have bodies made of chalk ,more out than in. Dawson has to keep out of the way of the MRP. Without those three we have Collins , Pearce and Uber. Not a lot of games played between those three. :rolleyes:
If we are rebuilding , dont play them wait until like pav no replacememt do you want that, now i am sweating on no sandi future also. The like of duffied , collingwood toovey , macaffer ,spurr all given chance for senior as rookie. Why cant the current freo in rebuiding phase do that.why you want an injured player that struggle :cool::cool:

Last edited:
If we are rebuilding , dont play them wait until like pav no replacememt do you want that, now i am sweating on no sandi future also.

Nah, Uber needs to learn the game at Peel. Collins is a good third tall and Pearce is coming back of a broken leg. We need experienced back up tall defenders .

Nah, Uber needs to learn the game at Peel. Collins is a good third tall and Pearce is coming back of a broken leg. We need experienced back up tall defenders .
He cant even hit back to his old form , do you really want another colin.there is no bargain in trade for freo. Especially from eagles . If you mention gaff, yeo, mc gov , even darling i get it. Dont want another spy like sumich.

Bigs take longer to recover from knees.
Up to you loh, you know i cant be bother anymore. Is heart breaking to see oldies to play wafl. Great player like bartel rather retire or go somewhere rather then VFL. I rather risk two group of youngster playing ,one group in afl another group in wafl to compete for spot.

Eg suban, his career is stagnant . Bodywise advantage in wafl but not in afl . Even yourself mention hannath ruck against 17 years old.

Bartels in his 30's , Mckenzie is the same age as Yarran 28.
I think i stop now if not i going to died in grumpy mode. I will take stevie j or bartel , ballas type loh mcken is so boring. At least dawson fist someone sometime. Get rid of mayne 28 and replace with another 28. Is the same thing all over again. Really need to refresh our list, if dont trust development coach might as well dont develop players . Every year draft and delist.

Last edited:
I'd welcome Mackenzie with open arms.
In currency terms he still has value to add to a list, for FFC specifically he provides ready made back-up as an upgrade over tanner smith. Not many teams have an AA KPP sitting in the wings waiting. I'd be cautious against writing him off after a couple of average games too, the defensive position has changed and he hasn't had a solid stint in the 1's to stamp his card.
Balla's for eMac is an even trade IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd welcome Mackenzie with open arms.
In currency terms he still has value to add to a list, for FFC specifically he provides ready made back-up as an upgrade over tanner smith. Not many teams have an AA KPP sitting in the wings waiting. I'd be cautious against writing him off after a couple of average games too, the defensive position has changed and he hasn't had a solid stint in the 1's to stamp his card.
Balla's for eMac is an even trade IMO
He isn't an AA KPP.

I would argue that Nic Nat's injury would've shifted WCE trading plans too. If they were considering Ballas in the slightest for a pinch the flag sort of trade they'd surely shelve that thinking now. They'd be in the market for Lobb as a priority and realistically look for youth.
Rumour has it that it is understood that sources close to the club consider Clarke a very interesting potential target, and are prepared to get into a bidding war to secure the still emerging ruckman.

Rumour has it that it is understood that sources close to the club consider Clarke a very interesting potential target, and are prepared to get into a bidding war to secure the still emerging ruckman.

I give it 3 days now before we read that in The West!
Whilst you're at it can you make a comment about how teams are jockeying for Maynes signature and it's believed the free agent could command upwards of $600k a season!

Will be such a shame to see Ballaz go but it now does seem hes really keen to get that long contract somewhere else.....
I think this is one of those cases where in the end it may suit both parties. If a long term deal is on the table then he surely must consider it given that FFC is going to be in development mode. From the club's point of view a reasonable pick or a trade that fits needs (which Ballantyne doesn't especially fit imo) could work.

When will we develop another duffman, johnson ? If we always in premiership mode.

When will we develop another duffman, johnson ? If we always in premiership mode.
Meima how have you seen nyhuis kicking efficiency when youve seem him play this year? I know it's only first year in, but any comparison players? Similar who you would see uber like if all going well with development etc

Meima how have you seen nyhuis kicking efficiency when youve seem him play this year? I know it's only first year in, but any comparison players? Similar who you would see uber like if all going well with development etc
Nyhuis kicking efficiency is quite good , but the next step i think hale from radio is to improve his attacking play or rebound. Sometime is hard to judge when deboer,gu in the middle made the wrong disposal and the ball rebound back. I would like freo to develop a plan for nyhuis to Go duffield path or model his game . ( Whether he can made it is all up to him).

Uber - always play as a forward , but made a breakout year as a defender the year before freo draft him . ( Based on age and potential the player he should try to look at , learn and model his game on johnson and mc gov) one is psd and the other is rookie. Both can swing forward and good intercept mark. Mc gov as rookie need sometime in gym and running before he can make it.

Last edited:
Thing start to heat up , i better go to next section to cool down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back