Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually really, really want Ballas out. Thanks for the memories, you've given me so much to cheer for, but you're finished here, watching you go missing in big games and constantly slip over and give away free kicks, I'm over it.
Gotta say I agree. The era of 'manic effort' is over.

Gotta say I agree. The era of 'manic effort' is over.

You could see on the weekend when the ball got 'stuck' when it hit guys like Mayne and De Boer. When Hill or guys like Weller got the ball it was attack mode. Crozier will help this as well.

It's why Spurr is the guy we don't want to have the ball coming out of defence.

You could see on the weekend when the ball got 'stuck' when it hit guys like Mayne and De Boer. When Hill or guys like Weller got the ball it was attack mode. Crozier will help this as well.

Nah, de Boer got the ball moving through very well. Time and again. Spurr I agree with. And Mundy recently...

I said in the game day thread what a difference it makes when Ibbo moved the ball quickly. A 30m kick to a player in space makes the world of difference, as long as it's quick and accurate.

I'm with the thanks for the memories clan Balla's - would happily drive you over to Monocletown myself for the price of a 2nd round pick.

Walters, Yarran, Crozier fit the small-middle target.

Nah, de Boer got the ball moving through very well. Time and again. Spurr I agree with. And Mundy recently...

Agree De Boer moved it on exceptionally quickly on Sunday and when he tackles you ...you stay tackled.

I said in the game day thread what a difference it makes when Ibbo moved the ball quickly. A 30m kick to a player in space makes the world of difference, as long as it's quick and accurate.

A snapshot of 2016 - we know that Ibbo was being chipped about this in preseason (not making decisions quickly). And only in the very last game does he make some progress on it. Could be a good sign, maybe very sharp improvement from many is round the corner.

A snapshot of 2016 - we know that Ibbo was being chipped about this in preseason (not making decisions quickly). And only in the very last game does he make some progress on it. Could be a good sign, maybe very sharp improvement from many is round the corner.
Ibbo gets say, nine intercept marks, per game. That's nine times a game he has a chance to set up a rebound play. His intercept marking is elite, if he was only good at disposing of the ball he is an advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deboer was brilliant on the weekend, he started on fire and i was joking to my mates saying to sign him up but as he racked up the touches throughout the game and was actually hitting targets/creating play and then impacting contests with strong tackles that actually stuck my sign him up chant was actually turning serious! Then he banged home the Goal from the square right in front of me after running 100 metres and losing his opponent on the spread, jeez this guy needs another opportunity and he is only 26 too!

De pig and igbo. Last game of the season to turn it on. Fml
Ibbo has been playing pretty well most of the season, just one of the scapegoats from this board this year.

De Boer hasn't been given the chances which is fair enough when we have youth to try but he has been dominating the WAFL week in week out so you can't really say he just turned it on, moreso he was just given the chance

overall a pretty harsh assessment of the two

Deboer was brilliant on the weekend .... jeez this guy needs another opportunity and he is only 26 too!

I've always been a DeBoer fan! And felt the criticism lumping him in as a "plodder" was so BS. I believe he should be best 22, but also, if Bennell and Fyfe are back next year fully fit, where can he go realistically?

I have this sinking feeling that maybe Crozier will go so DeBoer can stay best 25 for Ross' premiership window.

I've always been a DeBoer fan! And felt the criticism lumping him in as a "plodder" was so BS. I believe he should be best 22, but also, if Bennell and Fyfe are back next year fully fit, where can he go realistically?

I have this sinking feeling that maybe Crozier will go so DeBoer can stay best 25 for Ross' premiership window.

How possibly do you think this?

He played 4 games, Rd 3 vs WCE where weather suited him, Rd 10 away to stk and then Rd 19 & 23 to celebrate Pav's 350th & farewell game.

His WAFL form was great so if Ross saw value in him he'd have played more than 4 games especially with our injuries. Not playing consecutive games at all in a team damaged by injuries all year says it all.

He's out of contract, and a free agent so if any other team showed interest (I'd be surprised) he'd see the writing on the wall and walk. We will make lots of changes to the list and he'd be one of the first to go imo.

He is a warrior but is not going to make be team better. He is a hard worker and great tackler but his skills are very limited and he isn't a goal kicker or even quick moving. He has got everything possibly out of himself and will be remembered fondly.

I think we need a player capable of going the hard tag. Barlow was damn good, or de Boer.
Why not grey younger got time to improve. with him doing the hard tag , feed to b.hill to distribute the ball.

I loved De Boer's effort in our last game as well but think we need to cool the hysteria. It was one above average game in an entire season.

For those on the fence between he and Barlow, go back and watch rds 11 through 14, and especially our game against Port. De Boer was solid in rd 23, Barlow was the game winner in rd 13.

edit - why is this convo in the Ballas thread? sorry for continuing it.

Ibbo has been playing pretty well most of the season, just one of the scapegoats from this board this year.

De Boer hasn't been given the chances which is fair enough when we have youth to try but he has been dominating the WAFL week in week out so you can't really say he just turned it on, moreso he was just given the chance

overall a pretty harsh assessment of the two

OMFG. Ibbo has NOT been playing pretty well this season.

Didn't see anything in Ballas interview on Ch 9 to suggest he is staying.

If he has a 3 year deal as reported from Essendon I think he will take it unless we match (which we shouldn't). Perhaps with Pav and others going he sees it as a changing of the guard and I hope that a good trade could happen which will see a benefit for both parties.

I will take a third round pick from essendon or 2nd round from geelong for ballas , deal done. Daniher with ballas crumb is not a bad combo.

Didn't see anything in Ballas interview on Ch 9 to suggest he is staying.

If he has a 3 year deal as reported from Essendon I think he will take it unless we match (which we shouldn't). Perhaps with Pav and others going he sees it as a changing of the guard and I hope that a good trade could happen which will see a benefit for both parties.

I've heard Freo have offered an extended contract but Ballas still hasn't agreed to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back