Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think the complete opposite of the above post. If we trade away any player with value older than 25 our rebuilding is significantly quicker than if we hold onto experienced mid range players. If we got the following from Ballas, Barlow and Clarke Ill be happy.
Third round pick for Ballas
Late second round for Barlow
Second round compo Pick 22 for Mayne then traded for B.Hill
Clarke can leave as a free agent. Pick 40 compensation.
Im not sure how anyone could realistically expect any more. The added bonus is that we gain some salty cap space which can be used frontload the new Fyfe contract. Balla contract is apparently significant, which adds value to us if he traded.

Barlow - pick 50 at the very best. Bloke was playing WAFL this year and it will be hard to convince another side that he's best footy lies ahead.

3rd rounder is probably all Freo can expect from WC. Freo might be able to jag a good player with that pick. Once all the big names and mids get picked up teams look to fill gaps and a small forward might come our way
Willie rioli.? Liam ryan ? Tim kelly ? Liam baker?

Willie rioli.? Liam ryan ? Tim kelly ? Liam baker?

Rookie spots imo but would like Ryan

I've hung out a bit with Tim Kelly as he is a mate if some of my mates. When I've had a few drinks with him he seemed pretty cool. Easy going but that was a few years ago. He could be worth a look at as he is very dedicated

I've hung out a bit with Tim Kelly as he is a mate if some of my mates. When I've had a few drinks with him he seemed pretty cool. Easy going but that was a few years ago. He could be worth a look at as he is very dedicated
Really like baker , hope he do well in combine
. Could be freo caleb dan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Eagles board they've already past the denial and anger stage and are now accepting the Ballas trade.

Petrie + Ballas - Nic f'eduphiskneey = Plenty of Weagles melts in 2017

I wonder if they'll accept that Blakely is already looking better than there 3 great hopes - Redden/Sheed/Duggan.

upload_2016-9-30_21-10-52.png

upload_2016-9-30_21-14-21.png
upload_2016-9-30_21-19-2.png

Barlow - pick 50 at the very best. Bloke was playing WAFL this year and it will be hard to convince another side that he's best footy lies ahead.

You obviously didn't see him when he came back into the team.

How about Pickett from South Freo?

As someone who has seen a lot of him, I'd definitely give him a rookie spot if he was up for it. Quick, good foot skills, and generally a good decision maker.

I would love Kelly and I am baffled how he hasn't been picked up yet.

A two good knee Clarke is worth a hand in the bush.
If we Clarke has an offer from another club we should let him go and get some compensation, hopefully <60. But Im surprised like some others at the devaluing of Ballantyne Barlow Suban etc. They are all still very good players and in some teams, and not necessarily lower teams, they could be in a clubs best 22. It is a matter of fit and club needs and what players are available. Cant see why we would not propose Ballantyne and our 39 for WCE 31and 49 (48?). That way we would be getting roughly the value of pick 39 for him.

If we Clarke has an offer from another club we should let him go and get some compensation, hopefully <60. But Im surprised like some others at the devaluing of Ballantyne Barlow Suban etc. They are all still very good players and in some teams, and not necessarily lower teams, they could be in a clubs best 22. It is a matter of fit and club needs and what players are available. Cant see why we would not propose Ballantyne and our 39 for WCE 31and 49 (48?). That way we would be getting roughly the value of pick 39 for him.

You realise that the lowest possible compensation we can receive is pick 40 right? After our third round pick. The next tier is nothing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back