Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of this negative stuff, would be amusing except that it can do real harm to a footy club, any community. This year the comments about our footy clubs performances began with a sincere understanding that we were struggling because of injuries and the imbalance that causes to a side to consistently play well (need virtually the same playing group on the park each week). That was quickly forgotten even by leading commentators etc and the negative crap and rumours started that is supposedly affecting the performance of the club. One year out of the last four, and suddenly the focus is on discontent of the group because some players are seemingly not getting along together. Elite footballers it could be said, like more achievers have pretty healthy egos and a drive to succeed and compete. Why can't we just leave it at that, for the sake of our clubs unity, as those who want to leave will do so for different reasons. Anyway, lol, a parting shot, perhaps Ballas was cheesed when his Sandover was eclipsed by that Brownlow.

A lot of this negative stuff, would be amusing except that it can do real harm to a footy club, any community. This year the comments about our footy clubs performances began with a sincere understanding that we were struggling because of injuries and the imbalance that causes to a side to consistently play well (need virtually the same playing group on the park each week). That was quickly forgotten even by leading commentators etc and the negative crap and rumours started that is supposedly affecting the performance of the club. One year out of the last four, and suddenly the focus is on discontent of the group because some players are seemingly not getting along together. Elite footballers it could be said, like more achievers have pretty healthy egos and a drive to succeed and compete. Why can't we just leave it at that, for the sake of our clubs unity, as those who want to leave will do so for different reasons. Anyway, lol, a parting shot, perhaps Ballas was cheesed when his Sandover was eclipsed by that Brownlow.
Well said.

I've said as much using somewhat stronger language, I don't know if you'll have any more luck being polite about it.
It's one thing for other clubs supporters to buy into the bullshit, but when our own players begin to get rubbished by our own supporters, as is happening here, on the strength of rumour and media beatups in search of a good story for the herd, I get seriously annoyed. Particularly in the case of Ballantyne, who has done very little to deserve the kind of crap getting served up here.

Pavlich being a family man more than "one of the boys" was the sign of a good leader and someone to look up to and respect, but Fyfe not being "one of the boys" is an excuse for the media to spread rumour about club dissension.

Farkin' ell, it's like watching "House of Cards", AFL style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I played at a club and one of the 43 players didn't hang out with the guys so much then I would defo want to get out of that club quicksmart. I would also sleep hugging my pillow, listen to kamahl records and I would play in long sleeves so i could wipe up my tears on the field.

Oh, no thats right ... I wouldn't give a sh1t. Yeh, I remember now.

Seriously, I reckon our guys need to more worried about how a glorified popstar like Bob Dylan can be awarded a Nobel prize than whether Fyfe leans on a bar for an amount of time within one standard deviation of the seasonally adjusted group average.

Anyway, didn't anybody stop to think that he just might not drink so much becasue of the chopper license? Its not like thunderbirds were you can just knock back what looks suspiciously like the puppet version of whiskey sour and then take off in a super jerky motion at the drop of a hat.

Its not social footy. Get over it.

Maybe Ballaz is the problem? Not Fyfe or others. I've seen him have a mini dust up with Jack Anthony at training before.

If it does worry Ballas that Fyfe doesn't hang out too much with the team 'socially', obviously it is Hayden's issue. It reminds me a high school analogy...

You are an insecure little boy at school, and you have a few good mates at school that you hang out with often. You enjoy all your mates company and life is great. However, one of your friends starts doing well in science and the school takes notice. Your friend begins to get more attention from the other kids at school, they are often in the school newsletter, win numerous school awards, win science competitions, and receives money/gifts/preferred treatment.

Unforetuantely, through circumstance he begins to hang out with the group less and less at the demands on his time grow. However, you are still the insecure little boy who school performance has dropped over the last few years and general behavior is not liked by anyone (except your close mates) as you are cheeky, selfish, and now perceived well publicly. Even your mates get sick of you time-to-time, but they take the good with the bad. All the while the admiration for your friend continues to grow.

Overtime you become jealous of your friend and you begin to despise him. You then look for any excuse to dislike him and you begin to talk sh*t about him behind his back. However, the only thing you can come up with is 'he doesn't hang out with the boys as much'. Its quite pathetic really, as you haven't even considered your own circumstances... you have a GF, a few dogs, some part time jobs, so not even you can hang out with the boys as much... but its ok for you to not see your friends much, but its not not for your successful friend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back