Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Adrian Barich on 94.5 just now, the Coast Eagles put an offer on the table yesterday afternon but had to withdraw it after they realised they didn't have enough salary cap space for him. So unless they delist someone else today they won't be getting him.

Ballas does not look happy with this news at all.
article-2625937-1DC3CF2C00000578-944_634x540.jpg

According to Adrian Barich on 94.5 just now, the Coast Eagles put an offer on the table yesterday afternon but had to withdraw it after they realised they didn't have enough salary cap space for him. So unless they delist someone else today they won't be getting him.
I would take some of his salary if it got us pick 35.

I agree. After all this (plus the talent coming in: injury recovered, traded in, or #7) RTB might take it that Ballas is no longer "bought in" and Ballas might find he doesn't actually play another game for Freo. I think a trade needs to be worked out for the benefit of all parties.

If we get a rubbish offer like 75 or whatever it is for him, would we be better off with him sulking around the club and Peel or taking our IP up the road? Tough call.

We don't need Ballantyne any more. I rather trade him for a late pick but save on salary cap.

Why? We don't have any salary cap pressure at the moment.

Bear in mind that all players taken in the main draft are given a two year minimum contract. If we take a whole bunch of speculative picks and they turn out to be spuds we won't have a lot of room to move with list management.

Bear in mind that all players taken in the main draft are given a two year minimum contract. If we take a whole bunch of speculative picks and they turn out to be spuds we won't have a lot of room to move with list management.
You can bank cap space

Under the rules, you can use 95% of the salary cap and bank 5%. Also, you can front load contracts which give you cap space later.

Two years apply to new recruits, you can upgrade rookies and they can be included in the minimum three selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so.

How do you fit in McCarthy, Kersten, Apeness, Taberner, Walters, Yarran plus either Bennell, Fyfe, Langdon, Weller, Balic and maybe, pick 7 playing forward at times.
Good cover for injuries. Good promo for peel also.

Peel might win another grand final. Just need to rotate as many players through Peel. Maybe, put all our injuried players on the Peel seconds sheet ie Balic.
I actually like the idea of sending some kids to help peel reserve , balic leadership in his first match reserve is massive , peel reserve look so good in that match.

Gun journo Kim Hagdorn reporting that we would only offer him a deal for 2017.

He knows s**t. But this time it makes sense. We offered him an one year extension, 2017 and 2018 but he wanted 2019 as well. Then his manager went through the media to try to get another year but nobody has offer him the extra year that he wanted.

Maybe, Fremantle may not want to extend his contract now and let him go after next season.

He knows s**t. But this time it makes sense. We offered him an one year extension, 2017 and 2018 but he wanted 2019 as well. Then his manager went through the media to try to get another year but nobody has offer him the extra year that he wanted.

Maybe, Fremantle may not want to extend his contract now and let him go after next season.

It didn't make sense to me. If we were going to try to get him across, surely we would offer him a deal for 2017 and 2018? Offering just 2017 seems like a bit of a poor offer.

It didn't make sense to me. If we were going to try to get him across, surely we would offer him a deal for 2017 and 2018? Offering just 2017 seems like a bit of a poor offer.

Agree, the article makes no sense at all.

Eagles would have only been in the conversation if two years was on the cards. Sounds like the last minute Mitchell deal might have tightened up the cap enough to kill a two year deal for him.

Saying the eagles baulked at two years is just haggers being haggers.

Agree, the article makes no sense at all.

Eagles would have only been in the conversation if two years was on the cards. Sounds like the last minute Mitchell deal might have tightened up the cap enough to kill a two year deal for him.

Saying the eagles baulked at two years is just haggers being haggers.

I agree that's much more plausible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back