Ballarat FL 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Ballarat FL 2010 - Part 1

Another 18 year old kid with a lot of promise leaving the marsh. Youd think they do abit more to hold onto someone like that!

Probably wants to play across the other side of the bridge. I hear that two decent youngsters have already or will be making the trip.

It appears that Wendouree are close to signing kyabram (GVFL)and Murray Bushrangers player liam ogden. Redan and Ballarat have made approaches but Ogden who commences Uni this year is apparently leaning towards the Lakers. Interesting to see what happens here as the GV ( coach peter White) have already informed him he's in the squad to play the BFL in the interleague fixture. Ogden who has played in the past 2 losing GVFL GF with Ky would be sure to make an impact with the Lakers.

because we can

its like the highschool quarterback stealing the nerds girlfriend, it just makes sense

Apparently the reason they are poaching local because Gary Learmonth has lost interest so he is leaving it upto young blokes to ask there mates? I realise Darley is the team of choice in town but should Learmonth be there? You can steal players but you won't win premierships with an underachieving coach.... He had his chance when the likes of Newman and Cheevers were there! Darley definitely should have moved him on.

Why are Darley poaching other clubs youngsters? Are theres not good enough

I agree they should be putting more time money and effort into there own youngsters.... Darley have some young guns coming through like Doyle,Hitchings,Cousins,Baker,Prozzo and the Inglis Boys! If the club don't start looking after these boys I can just about guarantee they won't have them in the next few years... They have already lost Herring and just about to lose another young bloke should this be their wake up call?

I agree they should be putting more time money and effort into there own youngsters.... Darley have some young guns coming through like Doyle,Hitchings,Cousins,Baker,Prozzo and the Inglis Boys! If the club don't start looking after these boys I can just about guarantee they won't have them in the next few years... They have already lost Herring and just about to lose another young bloke should this be their wake up call?
Please explain how they are not being looked after? They have all been given an opportunity to play senior football (except Baker yet). All of those are under 20 years old, what do you want?
Herring left because he got a better offer to play with his cousin at North Gambier, and he is 23 and played senior football since he was 17.
No Darley junior will ever go good in an u18 league B & F, because all the good ones play regular senior football. Not sure what you are on about.
PS we have not poached any kid, if you disagree please name them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please explain how they are not being looked after? They have all been given an opportunity to play senior football (except Baker yet). All of those are under 20 years old, what do you want?
Herring left because he got a better offer to play with his cousin at North Gambier, and he is 23 and played senior football since he was 17.
No Darley junior will ever go good in an u18 league B & F, because all the good ones play regular senior football. Not sure what you are on about.
PS we have not poached any kid, if you disagree please name them.[/quo

Yeah I agree they have been given an opportunity to play senior footy but so they should... As far as money is concerned from what I hear they are quick to throw cash around to good but not great country footballers when really they should be doing more for the good local juniors instead of taking them for granted its only a matter of time before they will start leaving! I know they were trying to poach through mates....Declan Phyland was one name thrown up!

Yeah I agree they have been given an opportunity to play senior footy but so they should... As far as money is concerned from what I hear they are quick to throw cash around to good but not great country footballers when really they should be doing more for the good local juniors instead of taking them for granted its only a matter of time before they will start leaving! I know they were trying to poach through mates....Declan Phyland was one name thrown up!
So a darley kid says to his mate (that plays elsewhere) he should come and play at darley, therefore the club gets labelled as poaching kids. Pretty sure that happens everyday at every club. The kid you mentioned would be thrown out of his family if he played for Darley so not much of a chance of that happening.

Darley has a maximum 5 or 6 non locals, that would be less than alot of others. If they think they are not getting looked after, they can go get an extra $100 at Marsh and win 3 games a year and a wooden spoon, I know I'd prefer to be at a club that aims to win flags not gather spoons.

None of those kids deserve to be on good money yet, when they do they will get it.

So a darley kid says to his mate (that plays elsewhere) he should come and play at darley, therefore the club gets labelled as poaching kids. Pretty sure that happens everyday at every club. The kid you mentioned would be thrown out of his family if he played for Darley so not much of a chance of that happening.

Darley has a maximum 5 or 6 non locals, that would be less than alot of others. If they think they are not getting looked after, they can go get an extra $100 at Marsh and win 3 games a year and a wooden spoon, I know I'd prefer to be at a club that aims to win flags not gather spoons.

None of those kids deserve to be on good money yet, when they do they will get it.

It's just local chit chat like chinese whispers you know how it works....
Well when Darley decided to reappoint Learmonth were they really aiming at winning a premiership? Why waste money on a couple of average footballers when the club has practictally rid this season off.... They should have saved there money taken a year to develop there kids worked with what they have then 2012 sign a coach that will bring 2 or 3 good footballers by then the kids will be deserving there couple of hundred the club will have a new vibe new visions and will actually be a chance of winning a flag...Not just aiming!

It's just local chit chat like chinese whispers you know how it works....
Well when Darley decided to reappoint Learmonth were they really aiming at winning a premiership? Why waste money on a couple of average footballers when the club has practictally rid this season off.... They should have saved there money taken a year to develop there kids worked with what they have then 2012 sign a coach that will bring 2 or 3 good footballers by then the kids will be deserving there couple of hundred the club will have a new vibe new visions and will actually be a chance of winning a flag...Not just aiming!
Not sure anyone at the club has written the year off, where does that vibe come from????
Darley have signed a replacement ruckman in McAllester, may not be a gun, but will be 10 times more valuable than Stephenson. They have signed a promising young key forward in Joel Riske, who is taking no local kids spot, as we do not have a young key forward, he will work well with Whelan. Also signed Porter who is a proven gun in the BFL.
With a few ex players coming back after some time off, and maybe a few more signings, no one has written anything off.
Whoever is feeding you with this garbage has no idea.
But keep it up, you are going good.

Not sure anyone at the club has written the year off, where does that vibe come from????
Darley have signed a replacement ruckman in McAllester, may not be a gun, but will be 10 times more valuable than Stephenson. They have signed a promising young key forward in Joel Riske, who is taking no local kids spot, as we do not have a young key forward, he will work well with Whelan. Also signed Porter who is a proven gun in the BFL.
With a few ex players coming back after some time off, and maybe a few more signings, no one has written anything off.
Whoever is feeding you with this garbage has no idea.
But keep it up, you are going good.

Well from what I have heard a coach that gives his senior group a couple of blokes to call each and hardly pursue a player himself thats not real promising now is it? McAllester can tap the ball has limited skill Riske has definitely not proven himself he was a not bad player at Skipton would be interesting to see what they have thrown at him and Porter has been a good player but definitely not someone who will standout! And will Whelan even be there? I know there is bad blood with him and the club and he really isnt that interested? Who is coming back? You still are avoiding the comments surrounding Learmonth?

Well from what I have heard a coach that gives his senior group a couple of blokes to call each and hardly pursue a player himself thats not real promising now is it? McAllester can tap the ball has limited skill Riske has definitely not proven himself he was a not bad player at Skipton would be interesting to see what they have thrown at him and Porter has been a good player but definitely not someone who will standout! And will Whelan even be there? I know there is bad blood with him and the club and he really isnt that interested? Who is coming back? You still are avoiding the comments surrounding Learmonth?

Interesting Butch that you are all over the western border site pumping up lach herrings tyres and telling everybody how good nth gambier are looking.

I just dont get what you are trying to do mate? You are on other threads talking about Miller and Herring, so you obviously have ties to Darley. Hopefully you are ex Darley with some sour grapes for some reason. We dont need your type, we have plenty of support, and you won't be missed.
As for Learmonth, he was appointed again for a reason, we dont just keep a guy there and waste a year. He has retained all players except Jake and your good mate Herring, and signed some new faces. The season hasnt started yet, so not sure what else you want him to do. I'll ask him if he can make scones this year for the half time luncheons, would that make you happy.

Hahaha I am definitely not ex darley but do follow local footy... I wont be missed because I was never their.... I rate Lachie as a footballer and since finding out he is heading up there have will be making the odd trip up and having a look but wouldnt call him a good mate.... Rate Brad Miller highly and will continue to follow him up! And honestly think that Learmonth wasnt the right choice... No sour grapes mate didnt mean to stand on any toes just making some statements thats what this site is for isnt it?
Fair enough mate.

Locky is a handy type and a fair bloke, but I wouldnt travel to my letterbox to watch him play. Save your petrol money to watch Miller instead.

Melton South leaking players
or is there plenty of clearences to replace players leaving ?
some big losses with talented kids leaving holzer,Krojs ???

Tonner and Scoble to play rdfl at Riddle this year ?? at that to the list

enough room for dane train now to try and get a kick after last years effort ?????

Melton South Football Netball Club Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Galea, John Approved 01/02/11 10/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Holzer, Frank Approved 02/02/11 11/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Hoysted, Stuart Approved 02/02/11 11/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Western Region Football League (WRFL) Koutzamanis, Christopher Pending 03/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Krojs, Jeremy Approved 01/02/11 10/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Essendon District Football League (EDFL) Spooner, Michael Approved 01/02/11 10/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Riddell District Football League (RDFL) Tyquin, Brendon Approved 02/02/11 11/02/11
Melton South Football Netball Club Football Geelong Wood, Tim Approved 02/02/11 11/02/1

For starters if A.Light is LBB I didn't realise I have definitely not backpedaled I stand by all statements I have posted!

Your smiley faces are cute to lol
I'm not that intelligent.

Don't think we need our own bagging others at the club. It achieves nothing, the coach is the coach and until he isnt then he should have full support. Writing crap on here isnt going to change anything. So get better and get a game or stop whinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back