Ballarat FL 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to
The redan fc and the sunbury fc on a great game of country football
pity the SCUMBRY barrackers have to find excuses for the lose, just admit it you were BEATEN by a better TEAM... maybe if your own players didnt make mistakes and turn the ball over so often you might have won...

Have just finished watching the live feed via the broadcast. When the commentator said on a number of occasions the umpire (one in particular) was a cheat, you've got a huge problem. When he then even went as far to say that he obviously had his money on Redan, well BFL you have an even much bigger problem. I hope Sunbury get a copy of the footage - that shows the very obvious one sided decisions and do something about it. This has been going on since Sunbury went to the BFL, hopefully this will be the death nail and they'll move leagues. Great GF by two great teams, shame is was once again spoilt by very dubious umpiring, that was very one sided.
One very bad decision in the last that led to a Redan goal but outside that a few missed each way. Didn't hear the bloke complaining in the first 3 quarters.

For mine Redan via Waight, Horbury(I think thats his name) and the dominance of the fat ruckman (number 55) in the centre in the last was the difference and not the umpires. It was a complete turnaround from the 3rd quarter where Sunbury had all the winners and all the run.

Great game to watch.

Finally what was the size of the crowd? Looked pretty small which would be a worry for the BFL.

You obviously didn't watch the whole broadcast he complained from the first quarter. Did I say who should have one? No because we'll never know, all I said was it spoilt a great GF against 2 great teams. You are obviously from Ballarat, for once you idiots, should be objective instead of being so protective about your own teams, that's why Sunbury shouldn't be in your league, and either should anyone except Ballarat teams, then you'll all be happy, I really hope that day comes, and very soon!!!!

One very bad decision in the last that led to a Redan goal but outside that a few missed each way. Didn't hear the bloke complaining in the first 3 quarters.

For mine Redan via Waight, Horbury(I think thats his name) and the dominance of the fat ruckman (number 55) in the centre in the last was the difference and not the umpires. It was a complete turnaround from the 3rd quarter where Sunbury had all the winners and all the run.

Great game to watch.

Finally what was the size of the crowd? Looked pretty small which would be a worry for the BFL.

Big moment in the last 1/4 when carriss whose tapwork had been fantastic went out of the ruck for a breather and redan dominated the stoppages and kicked 3 goals in 5 minutes. Agree that waight was dominant.

I thought the umpires were ok for both sides most of the day but in the last 15 minutes they just would not pay a free kick. And there were plenty. There was at least 6 blatant frees that really should have been paid to sunbury inside their 50 in those last frantic minutes. The rules don't change during the game and they should have been paid - like they were earlier in the game. I was hoping to see a redan win but the last 1/4 soured it for me. I can see why sunbury people would be upset.

A simply outstanding example of country football.
Redan, Sunbury, you both did yourselves proud.
Ben Jordan a worthy BOG too.

Didnt take long
Yes, that is hilarious. The umpires put away the whistle in the last. There were a couple of possible free kicks both ways, but to say that the umpiring was biased one way or the other is laughable. Well done to Horwood and Ben Jordan for showing real class after the match too.
Great performance by Redan, five flags in the day is a huge achievement.

You all deserve what you get, the standard of the BFL has lowevered year by year over the past 3 - 4 years, and it will get worse. Rod Ward has alot to answer for. Built his own little empire for a few years, and now it's about to collapse, good and proper!!!!

Starfish was obviously the only one of you guys watching the game!!!!!
The final quarter was shown twice up at Redan yesterday and you muxst be delusional to think that Sunbury were robbed by the umpires. There were sometyhing like 15 frees to Sunbury and 14 to Redan for the day. Redan had plenty of possible head high free kicks and in the backs in those last five minutes too. Your bias is very evident. Someone told me that Rick Horwood said that that was the exact way they wanted the game to be umpired.

The final quarter was shown twice up at Redan yesterday and you muxst be delusional to think that Sunbury were robbed by the umpires. There were sometyhing like 15 frees to Sunbury and 14 to Redan for the day. Redan had plenty of possible head high free kicks and in the backs in those last five minutes too. Your bias is very evident. Someone told me that Rick Horwood said that that was the exact way they wanted the game to be umpired.

I agree, i think some people are delusional if they think the game was biased. It happens in every final - the umpire putting the whistle away in the last quarter if it's close. It happened in the West Coast v Carlton game Saturday night.

People have to understand that it's not Robots umpiring, these blokes feel the emotion and tension of the game as well. Yes, there may have been free kicks missed, but not just only for Sunbury. The fact that the ball was in the Sunbury half makes it that little bit harder to swallow for the Sunbury crew.

Sunbury had there chance to win, a 22 point lead was whittled away by a dogged Redan. And congratulations to them.

The reality is for any clubs wanting to win a bfl premiership, the blue print to aim for is simply 10 players with vfl senior experience a reserve side that is in top4 and unders that are top 4 with 6 players minimum wih tac cup experience. Sme clubs may be lucky to have less than this but you will have to rely on a drop in standard to challenge, if the comp is ramped u this is what you need io seriously challenge. Some clubs can deliver this cheaper than others but that is reaity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must have sound inside knowledge bombers
I haven't seen or heard any media announcements or crisis meetings with the bfl and your proof is???????

No more trips down to sebastopol is the rumour!! Should be a more even league now.
Good riddance

And just who in the league would benefit from that Bombers?????With all the rumours flying around that Sunbury is going to another league and now your saying Sebas is folding...maybe each team could play each other 4 times a year...i agree your source must be a very reliable inside man otherwise your opening yourself up to a bucket load of criticism, after all isnt this what we were hearing about Melton Sth at the start of this year....and we were all wrong about that as well, just as i think you will find that Sebas will be there in for the future

And just who in the league would benefit from that Bombers?????With all the rumours flying around that Sunbury is going to another league and now your saying Sebas is folding...maybe each team could play each other 4 times a year...i agree your source must be a very reliable inside man otherwise your opening yourself up to a bucket load of criticism, after all isnt this what we were hearing about Melton Sth at the start of this year....and we were all wrong about that as well, just as i think you will find that Sebas will be there in for the future

He is just a muck raking tosser mate. I wouldn't be taking any notice of the weak rat.

The reality is for any clubs wanting to win a bfl premiership, the blue print to aim for is simply 10 players with vfl senior experience a reserve side that is in top4 and unders that are top 4 with 6 players minimum wih tac cup experience. Sme clubs may be lucky to have less than this but you will have to rely on a drop in standard to challenge, if the comp is ramped u this is what you need io seriously challenge. Some clubs can deliver this cheaper than others but that is reaity.

Seems a fair quote. J Field looked rather portly on GF day, but I thought he still had a major influence on the outcome.

Redan didn't have 10 players with VFL senior expereience. Their reserves finished 5th and the Under 18s only had maybe 2 players with TAC experience, and they didnt play in the unders or seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back