Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty impressed with Sunbury on Saturday against a flat Darley at Darley Park. Not quite up with who is who at Sunbury any more, who wears 2 and 3?

Makes sense. Sleight would have had 70 touches and Cheep hurts you so much. McCabe had plenty as well. Still scared and won't get out of second gear, but smart and knows how to get it.

Pretty even out of the 2 melton sides and the 2 marsh sides, Darley had a crack in the 3rd qtr on satty. I dont understand why they recruit a guy whos gonna miss 2 months off footy in Marty Pask, not setting the world on fire but is their main target up forward...and i think putting that leigh Sobotnicki in the top 20 might have been pre mature. Jackel is a freak, reminds me abit off how Guerra used to play when he was there a few years ago, seems to have lost a yard or 2.

i know we are trying to protect the player with his head down going for the ball but what a joke the tribunal is 3 weeks for a front on bump that did not cause any injury you may as well go and belt someone,knock them out and take the one week set penalty

i know we are trying to protect the player with his head down going for the ball but what a joke the tribunal is 3 weeks for a front on bump that did not cause any injury you may as well go and belt someone,knock them out and take the one week set penalty

i 100% agree! netball anyone!!!! then again it was a sunbury player so that adds an extra 2 weeks on to the sentence straight away!!!!

saw darley for the first time on Saturday and if they have improved from last year, then they must have been terrible then,

Kicked 1 goal in 3 qtrs, were shown up by how Sunbury attacked the ball for the whole game and just stood back and watched.

Absolute no fire in the belly from Darley at all bar for some of the third qtr, but that was it. Started cold and ended cold

Not sure how much the big name players are getting paid but I think that the coach may need to follow up on his threat earlier about Pask and not paying him if he doesn't put in, was more keen to run around to the crowd and hi-five his teammates when he kicked his 2 goals rather than having a dip for the game

Sunbury completely outplayed them, bar for the drop off early in the 3rd qtr, Cheep, Cariss and O'Connor stood out for the full game

Some Big games this week in the BFL.

Sunbury should be able to beat the Marsh all though the marsh have improved on previous years and are looking ok i still think Sunbury should be to strong.

Melton Vs Lakers. Intersting game havent been able to see Melton play i hear they started off well but havent been playing the best of late. And there young? Lakers seen a little bit, look there abouts after a tough start to the draw. Got some good young players in Orval, Pitson & S.Clifton whos coming on. Close game maybe Lakers just.

North City & East. Another Close game after City got a bit of a wakeup call from the swans! Tyler Geroge is back which is a big in. Seen Both teams Play more than once very impressed with North especially with there midfield williams, geroge etc. East are a pretty young side again Delaneys in some good form aswell as young Walters.
North by 20

Redan again are looking good. If anything maybe there a bit slow. They should smash Darley though. N.Horbury is in some good form aswell as edwards and young Lamb.

Ballarat to beat Sebas by 100. Sebas lost too many and have alot of players playing ones who wouldnt be in the best 5 players in most other clubs twos team!

What does everyone else think?

Agree, tribunal is a joke Ash Webber of melton got 4 weeks for the same thing.

Ladder After Round 6

POS TEAMPWLDBFFForAgst%PTS
1 Sunbury 6 5 0 0 1 0 532 286 186.01 24
2 Redan 6 6 0 0 0 0 695 479 145.09 24
3 Ballarat 6 5 1 0 0 0 618 446 138.57 20
4 East Point 6 3 2 0 1 0 518 529 97.92 16
5 Melton South 6 2 3 0 1 0 456 389 117.22 12
6 North Ballarat 6 2 3 0 1 0 423 373 113.40 12
7 Darley 6 2 3 0 1 0 385 454 84.80 12
8 Lake Wendouree 6 2 4 0 0 0 428 472 90.68 8
9 Bacchus Marsh 6 2 4 0 0 0 414 503 82.31 8
10 Melton 6 1 5 0 0 0 461 659 69.95 4
11 Sebastopol 6 0 5 0 1 0 331 671 49.33 4

Wow, this place is quiet. I hear Callander over the other side of the bridge has been sacked and 'Yesterday's Hero' Adam Sutherland is taking over the reigns for the rest of the year. Can anyone confirm? What is going on at Bacchus Marsh? The place has never looked more lost, despite there being a genuine good feeling around the place. Think they might have got a little bit ahead of themselves last year.

Wow, this place is quiet. I hear Callander over the other side of the bridge has been sacked and 'Yesterday's Hero' Adam Sutherland is taking over the reigns for the rest of the year. Can anyone confirm? What is going on at Bacchus Marsh? The place has never looked more lost, despite there being a genuine good feeling around the place. Think they might have got a little bit ahead of themselves last year.

No one has been sacked or is getting replaced. The performance on the weekend was deplorable and there is robust discussion around what are the causes of this and what needs to be put in place to rectify it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has been sacked or is getting replaced. The performance on the weekend was deplorable and there is robust discussion around what are the causes of this and what needs to be put in place to rectify it.

Better work on your internal comms at the club then because that is the mail getting around town.

Especially when the coach says after the game that he will be speaking with the committee and deciding on whether he will be coaching next week. Don't blame local gossip for the problems at your club.

Tell your story and tell it quickly. Best way to stop destructive gossip.

So, rumour has it that the coach's time was up when he punched a popular team member a few weeks back at a social function. This just gave the committee the excuse that it needed. It is a bit sad when a coach becomes a 'persona non grata' for making a stand against antisocial behaviour. I thought that is exactly the type of example that you would want a coach to set.

So, rumour has it that the coach's time was up when he punched a popular team member a few weeks back at a social function. This just gave the committee the excuse that it needed. It is a bit sad when a coach becomes a 'persona non grata' for making a stand against antisocial behaviour. I thought that is exactly the type of example that you would want a coach to set.

That incident is old news Kerr and has been already dealt with, surprised you didn't know about that already considering you seem to have a handle on everything happening. Coach hasn't been sacked nor has he resigned, took training last night and is looking forward to taking on Sebas this week.

back to the footy, who are the legitimate chances to win the premiership, Redan favourites again, Sunbury next better than last year or not, then who in what order, Easts, Ballarat or North

Who is the best of the Easten Block, Darley improving, Melton Sth nearly, then Melton and the Marsh. Cant believe the Marsh after great effort against Sunbury - very competitive to last week???

back to the footy, who are the legitimate chances to win the premiership, Redan favourites again, Sunbury next better than last year or not, then who in what order, Easts, Ballarat or North

Who is the best of the Easten Block, Darley improving, Melton Sth nearly, then Melton and the Marsh. Cant believe the Marsh after great effort against Sunbury - very competitive to last week???

Despite Ballarats mishap at Sunbury on the weekend i would think they would be on par with Redan and Sunbury as the main premiership contenders.

I think this year is much more open than any other ive seen though, i think anyone in the top 6 could play off for it

Despite Ballarats mishap at Sunbury on the weekend i would think they would be on par with Redan and Sunbury as the main premiership contenders.

I think this year is much more open than any other ive seen though, i think anyone in the top 6 could play off for it
I think Redan are the best side in the comp, with Sunbury not far behind.

The comp is pretty even though, see by the results on the weekend, and there could be one of these sides to sneak into the GF

I think Redan are the best side in the comp, with Sunbury not far behind.

The comp is pretty even though, see by the results on the weekend, and there could be one of these sides to sneak into the GF

There are two that are certainties, six making up numbers and two that are absolutely dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back