Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What happened to this thread...is the BFL dead? wheres all the Darley posters? The chfl thread gets more posts than this. come on

the league's alive and well, the online thread isn't. there's no constructive talk on here apart from KA and a few others.
did darley have an off day yesterday or have they slipped that much? lot of responsibility seems to be on tuddy edwards' shoulders

Jordan was just to good up forward, just doesn't miss..Darley lost their FF early to injury and T.Minns got reported. So down to 19. Still a few to come in from injury i think for Darley. But i doubt wether the devils will be challenging for the flag this year!

ps...Does anyone know how old Simon Geljon is?

Jordan was just to good up forward, just doesn't miss..Darley lost their FF early to injury and T.Minns got reported. So down to 19. Still a few to come in from injury i think for Darley. But i doubt wether the devils will be challenging for the flag this year!

ps...Does anyone know how old Simon Geljon is?
He is 35

Devils had 5 out, and injuries/red card during game didnt help, but all credit to East and Jordan, they were way too good.

Won't be challenging for flag on the form showed so far. Sunba and the Ballarat sides (East, Redan, Lakers, and Rat) are the only chances.

Devils are probably the best of the rest and will finish 6th.

With the RDFL on it's knees financially there is a chance that it will not be around in 2011. What are the chances of any of the teams being an option for the BalFL? I would doubt that any would play finals but would Riddell be as strong as Sebas and the Marsh? If someone like a Chick Dowsett got invloved again they may be able to be ok at this level. Would getting Riddell be incentive for Gisborne to have another look into the BalFL?

I think Wardy should look at Riddell anyway - they may jump across just with the speculation the RDFL is going under.

With the RDFL on it's knees financially there is a chance that it will not be around in 2011. What are the chances of any of the teams being an option for the BalFL? I would doubt that any would play finals but would Riddell be as strong as Sebas and the Marsh? If someone like a Chick Dowsett got invloved again they may be able to be ok at this level. Would getting Riddell be incentive for Gisborne to have another look into the BalFL?

I think Wardy should look at Riddell anyway - they may jump across just with the speculation the RDFL is going under.
Could you imagine what Redan or a Sunbury would do to a Riddell or Kilmore ?

They would have to do some major recruiting, they would get smashed, even by the Marsh.

They would have to do some major recruiting, they would get smashed, even by the Marsh.

Agree - but with the new President being able to help with cash injection as well as Matt Power eager to make the move the time would be perfect. Riddell have proven that they can be more than competitive at a higher grade.

Could you imagine what Redan or a Sunbury would do to a Riddell or Kilmore ?

20 goals now but give them a bigger budget and recruit over the summer the numbers would come down. Would Gissy think about the BalFL again if Riddell joined? Gee that is 2 massive games at home with a huge boost in revenue. Sunba and Riddell are Gissy 2 biggest rivals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone from the Riddell thread seems to be suggesting that Ballarat league football is actually inferior to RDFL football.

Extraordinary call i would have thought - but each to his own i guess.

Be awesome to have some good local BFL games (Sunbury v Riddell v Gisy etc.) at this end of the comp. The RDFL is improving and is an ok level of footy but as far as I can tell it has been very poorly administered as a league. The board or administration are the problem not the clubs, fans or even umpires.

I'd say Riddell would beat the Marsh and Sebastopol but would be 12+ goals off the top few. A lot of there players have been good footballers at higher levels.

Be awesome to have some good local BFL games (Sunbury v Riddell v Gisy etc.) at this end of the comp. The RDFL is improving and is an ok level of footy but as far as I can tell it has been very poorly administered as a league. The board or administration are the problem not the clubs, fans or even umpires.

I'd say Riddell would beat the Marsh and Sebastopol but would be 12+ goals off the top few. A lot of there players have been good footballers at higher levels.

The RDFL have a handful of good players but the bottom end of most clubs are very very poor. Lee James in 2008 kicked over 100 goals for Riddell and did it easy - 2009 he could not kick 50 for Sunba. Half of his goals came in three games against the 3 worst sides in the comp. A lot of players have come from the RDFL and only lasted a year as they are not up to it.

Maybe Riddell could beat Sebas and the Marsh but the best side in the RDFL would then be the 3rd worse in the BalFL. If the RDFL does fold there are some teams in real trouble - like Melton Central - where could they go? Sproule if your out there your thoughts? WRFL?

Would be interesting to see the list the RDFL has put together out lining where each club may end up in 2011.

Once again Wardy should touch base with Riddell to see if it is viable to make the switch no matter what happens at seasons end. Would be a better option than Buninyong.

KA, granted if Riddell were to join the BFL they would in the bottom rungs of the ladder in the first year or two but do you think the clubs has the resources and culture to be a competitive club in the long term?

No doubt in the world. With the backing of the Tobin Brothers they could spend another 70k to be competitive. Riddell won flags when the RDFL was strong. They won flags before Sunba etc all left.

If you had a choice out of Buninyong and Riddell who would you prefer? This question is for all BalFL supporters.

Matt Power would love a shot at the big leagues again.

No doubt in the world. With the backing of the Tobin Brothers they could spend another 70k to be competitive. Riddell won flags when the RDFL was strong. They won flags before Sunba etc all left.

If you had a choice out of Buninyong and Riddell who would you prefer? This question is for all BalFL supporters.

BUNINYONG. Already enough scum in the league - Sunbury Darley Melton Sth - without adding to it with Riddell

Its hard to make an answer on that as i have watched a lot of Buninyong and have never seen Riddell. Buninyong probably have the best oval in Ballarat apart from Eastern, and great facilities, and are very strong in their league. They are also very sound financially so would continue to improve. I have no idea about Riddell. But you'd think if it came down to the 2 of them they'd pick it solely on which is the stronger club on and off the field.

BFL doesn't need another Ballarat-based club. A strongish club near Sunbury, on the other hand, adds up.
Two conference league _ easties to play each other twice and Ball clubs once, and vice versa _ makes perfect sense.

BUNINYONG. Already enough scum in the league - Sunbury Darley Melton Sth - without adding to it with Riddell

Yeah but there is also enough crap teams without adding another - Sebas, Nth City. Another dud Ballarat side is not going to help the league. Maybe they could merge with the merging dogs and maybe then they might win a flag. The East Point Buninyong Turtles.

Three players in the sunraysia league were suspended for 1 game for inadequate excuses for missing the recent interleague game has this happened any where else?

Three players in the sunraysia league were suspended for 1 game for inadequate excuses for missing the recent interleague game has this happened any where else?

Kieran Murrihy decided this year to make it optional for the BFL Rep side. He said he would much prefer the players want to be there. It seems to have paid off this year.

Kieran Murrihy decided this year to make it optional for the BFL Rep side. He said he would much prefer the players want to be there. It seems to have paid off this year.

100% agree. Why force players that will just go through the motions. Some players want to be a part of it so let them play. Win for everyone. Div 1 next year may see more players wanting to be a part of in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back