Ballarat Football League 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do better than that.

Redan 37 free kicks & three 50's
South 23 free kicks & zero 50's

Disgrace!

ill admit the umpiring was terrible, but they were consistent for both teams. there were plenty of decisions which raised eyebrows and question marks.

good call also by jibberjabber why should free kick count be even?

the r.d.f.l supplied umpires a few years ago but they got stuffed around as for the club umpires i think they are just as bad from everywhere but we need them so no use complaining about them

Re: Ballarat Football League

Only really 4 in the betting for the flag - Darely $2.10 Sunba $2.75 South $7 and East Point $7. Hard to see it not been one by one of these teams.

Sorry. My mistake.

Enjoyed the 3 hour search - lol. I don't set the odds - above is from Sportsbet. One of the above 4 will win it.

Good luck to James Federok on his first senior game.[/quote]

dont know how you can exclude redan yet include a faltering darley and abysmal south in this prediction. even sunbury are no certainties for even for top two, remember we belted them not a month ago

Enjoyed the 3 hour search - lol. I don't set the odds - above is from Sportsbet. One of the above 4 will win it.

Good luck to James Federok on his first senior game.

dont know how you can exclude redan yet include a faltering darley and abysmal south in this prediction. even sunbury are no certainties for even for top two, remember we belted them not a month ago[/quote]

He posted it on the 8th of May mate not 2 days ago.

those of you from the eastern clubs winging about umpiring, what percentage of umpires are ballarat-based? would have to be 80-90 i think. why dont you guys supply umpires from your region? also, you should see how bad your volunteer umpires are in the ressies, so one-sided it isnt fair

Mate, if you think we're having a whinge from the East it would only be because the Senior umpires in the Darley Vs Sebas game had a very interesting converstion with a team manager before the game started. If they're not cheating dogs - why on earth would they ask if 'Darley's bad boy' was playing on that day? When asked to clarify,he replied that he was referring to 'Urch'. He then went on to say how disappointed he was in Urch's behaviour because he was a North Melbourne supporter. I would have thought this was an inappropriate conversation for an umpire to be having with anyone - let alone before he officiate's in the game where the player in question is about to take part. This is no joke - although Lovey appeared to find the whole situation quite amusing.

The sooner the president of the small appendage club pulls his finger out of his arse and starts to manage this situation the better. Then again - perhaps this is out of his league and in fairness should be escalated to a higher level?

ill admit the umpiring was terrible, but they were consistent for both teams. there were plenty of decisions which raised eyebrows and question marks.

good call also by jibberjabber why should free kick count be even?

If every East V West game the frees for the West are greater then there is a problem. Either that or the Ballarat teams are the luckiest in country Victoria.

Sure it is very easy to say "why should things change" when you are winning the free kick count week in and week out. Why would you not want to keep that advantage?? So the Ballarat teams play it down and happy that the 50/50 decisions keep falling there way and blame the Easts style of play as the fault.

Enough is enough and this forum is being looked at and I believe steps will put in place for the umps to be reviewed and held accountable. Fear the day West teams - when the playing field is level!!

Mate, if you think we're having a whinge from the East it would only be because the Senior umpires in the Darley Vs Sebas game had a very interesting converstion with a team manager before the game started. If they're not cheating dogs - why on earth would they ask if 'Darley's bad boy' was playing on that day? When asked to clarify,he replied that he was referring to 'Urch'. He then went on to say how disappointed he was in Urch's behaviour because he was a North Melbourne supporter. I would have thought this was an inappropriate conversation for an umpire to be having with anyone - let alone before he officiate's in the game where the player in question is about to take part. This is no joke - although Lovey appeared to find the whole situation quite amusing.

The sooner the president of the small appendage club pulls his finger out of his arse and starts to manage this situation the better. Then again - perhaps this is out of his league and in fairness should be escalated to a higher level?

This is great news seeings the player in question at the time had a clean sheet... Never been reported in the BFL.. Pretty unprofessional

If every East V West game the frees for the West are greater then there is a problem. Either that or the Ballarat teams are the luckiest in country Victoria.

Sure it is very easy to say "why should things change" when you are winning the free kick count week in and week out. Why would you not want to keep that advantage?? So the Ballarat teams play it down and happy that the 50/50 decisions keep falling there way and blame the Easts style of play as the fault.

Enough is enough and this forum is being looked at and I believe steps will put in place for the umps to be reviewed and held accountable. Fear the day West teams - when the playing field is level!!

Well we didnt get too many favours on saturday. we had the ball more, the umpires were (consistently) soft, so we received more free kicks because of these factors. this conspiracy theory is very strange.

well i guess thats unacceptable, but im sceptical of the details. why has no one reported it? Urch though deserved what he got for flooring a bloke behind play and from his back. you cant winge about his treatment either, he gets more favours than anyone from the umpires, like against us he got 3 or 4 frees in the 50 for 'soft' infringements which werent paid consistently on the day.

has anyone been paying much attention to the u/18s? i think its become a 3 horse race with Redan, East and Lakers leading the way. of the others, maybe Sunbury are a chance to challenge if their 18s players stop playing seniors. but its looking good for our boys at this stage

KA and Heywood have both been asked by higher powers to do so and when i get confirmation of our free kick count then i will post it also. There is a big drive from quite a few eastern clubs that is getting unhealthy for the BFL in respect to the free kick count. There has been submissions from league representatives for changes to the umpiring setup next year and their lack of accountability and the blatant cheating that is going on. The BFL are the ones wearing the egg and i feel for them.

As for me, i am just waiting for the Ballarat game in a few weeks. I am not attending the footy until that day through sheer excitement. I have already congregated around 200 hundred of the filthiest scum that the western suburbs have to offer to re-form the "Darley Pocket" and let player Anderson know how much the world respects a lying, give-up, cheating little weezil. I wish bad things upon those who dont follow moral standards and you smashed the board that they were written on. Lord have mercy on your soul you animal that tells untruths.

Just so happens we have the bye that week Mr Rat. May I also attend your party & perhaps bring over a bus load of our "Filthiest (home grown) Scum" ?
Does them good to get out of town once in a while. & I can tell them its a fact finding mission on how to really support your club ! :thumbsu:

The league officals being fully aware of these post's etc. (ie sharpeman)
need to take control of this so called conspiracy and shut it down.
Any club/organisation runs by a set of rules which include greivence procedures, acting outside of these rules can be classed as bringing the league into disrepute. ( giving it a bad name )
The by-laws clearly state:
102. Comments in the Media​
Any Club Member (player or official) found to have made inappropriate comments in the media towards a member of the Ballarat
Football & Netball League (BFNL), Victorian Country Football League (VCFL) or Ballarat Football Umpires Association (BFUA) shall
be fined 25 penalty units. The BFL Board shall decide appropriateness of the comments made and the offending party will be given​
the opportunity to explain their actions prior to a fine being handed down.

Any club/organisation runs by a set of rules which include greivence procedures, acting outside of these rules can be classed as bringing the league into disrepute. ( giving it a bad name )
102. Comments in the Media
Any Club Member (player or official) found to have made inappropriate comments in the media towards a member of the Ballarat
Football & Netball League (BFNL), Victorian Country Football League (VCFL) or Ballarat Football Umpires Association (BFUA) shall
be fined 25 penalty units. The BFL Board shall decide appropriateness of the comments made and the offending party will be given

Well I am not a player or an official - so who do they fine Shaggy? 25 penalty units!! Just as this was gaining momentum you had to mention 25 penalty units - you have ruined it for all!

And what if it is the fat mexican? Does he get fined 25 penalty pesos? Are we able to work off 25 penalty units be running water to the umps? Is there a payment plan if your short by a few units? We need more info shaggy as we are all now very concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

be fined 25 penalty units. The BFL Board shall decide appropriateness of the comments made and the offending party will be given

Can you wait till after Wimbledon is finished, I had my last 25 penalty units on Leyton.

I am with the rest of them Shaggy, what was the purpose of posting this here. If the umpires cheat then they cheat and therefore this needs to brought into the open however like most conspiracy theories on the web I think this one is rubbish however I will be led by the facts and to date I haven't seen many posted. Come on lads where are the free kick counts promised that provide irrefutable proof that the umpires are biased. Are you unable to find someone who can count? or don't the facts support the story as was the case with the draw?

Perhaps we could have a club umpire round, very much like the rivalry and heritage rounds.
Maybe this could help overcome this ‘perceived’ bias towards the “West” teams.
Lets do away with the umps for one week and have the most colourful / popular representative from each club officiate their senior game for that week (1 from each club).
Here’s my suggestions on who we could get from each of the Eastern Clubs –
Sunbury – Belly
Darley – ‘Fats’ Leonard
Bacchus Marsh – Magpie
Melton – Patto
Melton South - Zippy.;)

has anyone been paying much attention to the u/18s? i think its become a 3 horse race with Redan, East and Lakers leading the way. of the others, maybe Sunbury are a chance to challenge if their 18s players stop playing seniors. but its looking good for our boys at this stage

Theres a big difference between them 4 clubs and the likes of Bacchus Marsh, Darley and Melton. Them 4 clubs have numbers. Don't be surprised to see Marsh or Darley make a late run if both sides get players back from the seniors and Western Jets.

I am with the rest of them Shaggy, what was the purpose of posting this here. If the umpires cheat then they cheat and therefore this needs to brought into the open however like most conspiracy theories on the web I think this one is rubbish however I will be led by the facts and to date I haven't seen many posted. Come on lads where are the free kick counts promised that provide irrefutable proof that the umpires are biased. Are you unable to find someone who can count? or don't the facts support the story as was the case with the draw?

Basically its the rules of the league. Just like on the football field you play by the rules or you get penalised. If this is so OBVIOUS why not sort it out properly?
WHY would anyone want to become an umpire in this league?

Maybe you can chase them all away and then play football in a free for all type situation where the last player standing wins. Wouldnt your feral scum (your words not mine) supporters get off on that!!!!!!

Theres a big difference between them 4 clubs and the likes of Bacchus Marsh, Darley and Melton. Them 4 clubs have numbers. Don't be surprised to see Marsh or Darley make a late run if both sides get players back from the seniors and Western Jets.

Darley and the Marsh are a long way behind Redan and East. Remember East have had 5 or 6 through the seniors this season, whilst we have Horbury and Lamb who we wont get back but who we have rarely had this year so it doesnt matter. The Darley and Marsh players can be kissed good bye if they play more than 8 senior/Jets games so it may be irrelevant how good they could be.

Anyway we now have 5 teams $5 or less for the flag - 2009 is wide open.

Darley - $3.25
East - $3.50
Lakers - $4.00
Sunba - $4.50
Redan - $5.00

What a great finals series on the way. If we can fix the umps by then it will be one of the great final series.

Darley and the Marsh are a long way behind Redan and East. Remember East have had 5 or 6 through the seniors this season, whilst we have Horbury and Lamb who we wont get back but who we have rarely had this year so it doesnt matter. The Darley and Marsh players can be kissed good bye if they play more than 8 senior/Jets games so it may be irrelevant how good they could be.

Wouldn't count Wendouree out. Redan was the best running team i have seen this year, better than east and lakers. We should be in the top six. We lost our first three games, which in all 3, were leading at 3qt. Lost to ballarat by 1 point. With 2 of our players playing seniors now, which we wont get back, we are struggling to field the basic 18. And if Dundon was playing 16's,where he should be, Redan would be in a bit of trouble.

post_old.gif
6 Mar 2009, 10:14 #220 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORACLE 69
Time for a poll. What is everyone's pick for the following:

Top 6
Premiers
Henderson Medal
Big Improvers
Goal kicking
Most hated club
Best coach
Rookie of the year

Top 6 - Darley, Redan, South, Ballarat (soft draw), Sunbury, East
Premiers - Darley
Henderson Medal - Urch
Big Improvers - Redan - missed finals in 08
Goal kicking - Jordan
Most hated club - Lakers
Best coach - Premiers - GL
Rookie of the year - Peter Robertson -sun

post_old.gif
26 Mar 2009, 09:45 #323 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Is it just me or are the Ballarat supporters a bit Twitchy at this time of year?

Anyway not doing a ladder - just a top 3 and spoon.

1. Darley
2. Melton South
3. Sunbury

Spoon - Sebas

Enjoy the year.

post_old.gif
27 Mar 2009, 09:41 #340 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig54
Kingy Kingy Kingy , when are you going to look at football objectively instead of just pumping up your little mates Power & Scoble!!!

It must not only me that think the 3 best sides are - Darley, South and Sunbury - they are the top 3 in the betting. (shhh but they are all Eastern Bloc teams). Where did that idiot go who mentioned the Ballarat teams are the dominant ones???

post_old.gif
30 Apr 2009, 10:32 #526 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORACLE 69
Well it seems the sides are starting to sort themselves out with 2 eastern sides and 4 western sides likely to fill the finals spot. Good to see Darley supporters putting back together their broken hearts with hope for this year. I suggest we will see more broken hearts come later in the year. Once again melton south failed to deliver

South are a certain to play finals. Eastern teams will be 1 - 2 and 4 this year. Good to see Ballarat 9th - where they belong. They are the Bradbury of the BFL. Ever since we improved this comp at least 3 of the 4 Eastern teams have played finals. This year is no different. Can you please explain why you are still posting?

post_old.gif
8 May 2009, 10:54 #545 Kings Army
BigFooty Member

North Melbourne

Only really 4 in the betting for the flag - Darely $2.10 Sunba $2.75 South $7 and East Point $7. Hard to see it not been one by one of these teams.

Just like to show the credibility of KA. Not one prediction correct accept for a ballarat side.[/I]

[B"]Msfc to the rdfl ? Why would the bfl even consider letting them go ? They can hardly say they need to go when they posted a record profit last year and have a 1st class administration under a very good president"[/b]

I could not let this slide with out introducing some facts about Melton South.

1. at the end of 2006 the MSFC nearly folded - they came as close as possible to shutting the doors. The adminstration and Shanks nearly terminated the club.

2. Nov 2006 Chapman and Scoble took over and with Sutts and ex player Tyrone as president sought to reunite the club and get as many south players and supporters back to fight of folding.

3. In Feb 2008 the club uncovered a further crippling debt left by the Sproule administration that put the club in a position of compromise a month out from the season.

4. Yes the made a record profit after reaching the finals in 2007 - a massive 15k profit! But with huge cost cutting and match payments under 50k. Players played on reduced salaries to help stop the club from folding. Anyone can make a profit if they don't spend!!

5. 2008 got Grenfell back - ex junior - but that was it - not growing at anywhere near the other BFL clubs - and they made another small profit.

6. Have a look at this weeks team - 20 locals and 1 recruit and an average age of 20. They are not spending - they are just surviving.

7. 1st class admn?? So did Daylesford, East Ballarat, Golden Point and Beaufort. 1st class admin is a crap throw away line.

8. 2009 will be the 1st time in history no Melton side (Bloods, South and Centrals) under 18's, reserves and Seniors will play in finals - this is MASSIVE!

9. Due to drugs (joke) Melton is listed as one of the lowest football participation rate in Metro Melbourne - both at junior and senior levels.

10. There are 7 senior and junior clubs in the Melton Shire with another starting in October. Sponsorship is a major problem.

12 teams are irrelevant when your talking about a clubs very existance. Melton South want out - they have finished above 5th once in 13 years and that was 8 years ago. Merge with Melton, move leagues or fold. Take your pick.

To all those who said great post - you were all sucked in by some BFL propaganda.

Nunn great f*cking draw!!! - you hand Ballarat the softest draw possible and hand South the hardest possible - if the club goes under the blood is on your hands. I really want Gisborne in the BalFL but he can not be allowed to be anywher near the 2010 draw. You may find that being one of the stipulations of Gissy joining.

KA in your previous post didn't you say that South would be hahahahaha 4th!!!!!!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back