coley

Senior List
Apr 17, 2006
great southern stand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
luke hodge
Rod ward in the courier today saying if nth melbourne come to ballarat they should look at playing at city oval instead of north which i thought was a bit rich seeing there oval is rarely fit for bfl standard let alone afl. comments?

Everyone loves to see an AFL game and having pre season or NAB games in ballarat would be fantastic, BUT having home and away games here regularly would have a huge impact on the attendances at BFL games (IMO).
So why would the BFL be so stupid as to literally bend over to get them here? Is it in the best interest of the BFL at all? i doubt it!
As for the junior caps, what does the BFL do to ensure the clubs lacking numbers (golden point to be specific) are being run by the coaches and not the 12yo bullies who play. They are a joke but you expect kids to have to play there!!!

Rod ward in the courier today saying if nth melbourne come to ballarat they should look at playing at city oval instead of north which i thought was a bit rich seeing there oval is rarely fit for bfl standard let alone afl. comments?
i played at the city oval in the early eightys and if enjoyed playiny in ankle deep mud and freezing water with rain pelting down side ways in a gale... go for it .... things have probably changed but i hated it ...

i played at the city oval in the early eightys and if enjoyed playiny in ankle deep mud and freezing water with rain pelting down side ways in a gale... go for it .... things have probably changed but i hated it ...

Quite the opposite now. the last time i saw the ground hardly had a speck of ground on it and was as hard as concrete.

The City Oval would need a fair bit of investment to get it up to AFL standard, but it could return to being a great ground if that investment was made. I remember years ago there were plans made of moving the fire brigade track so that the ground could be moved closer to the grand stand. I am not sure what happened to that idea, but it would make a big difference.

Ground conditions aside (which can be fixed) the City Oval is by far the best footy venue in Ballarat. It's a great area with a great grandstand (which admittedly needs work) and room to expand. The surface needs
at the very least top dressing and re-seeding (and lots of water)
It needs netball courts (I heard something may be happening there) and a bit of a general tidy-up.
Get rid of the fire track _ there's one at the Lakers and Sebas?
Sure North has flash rooms and better lights but who actually likes the feel of that place _ I dont.
Eastern Oval is good (four flags is testament to that) but it's cramped all around and that limits the crowd.
It is actually better for cricket than football.
The rest of the Ballarat grounds are too far away from the CBD.
It is wrong to say they dont have potential but I believe the city's main ground should be a showpiece in or close to the CBD area and that really only leaves two.
All they need is money and I would be happy to divert some of my rates to the City Oval.
But of course the best reason to go to the City Oval is because Redan is there!!

Buninyongs new oval is the best of the lot. Would be perfect for afl not to far from cbd the only thing needed is a real fence around complex. But i understand why rob ward put city oval into picture because if granted afl games it would get the funds required to bring it up to standed. East and nth dont need the funds so this would give league more top rate ovals in ballarat. Smart of him really.

Why would they try and make an afl game at city oval. Especially a game played by north melbourne. You would have to play them at austar arena seeing as half of the nth melboune players base club is north ballarat roosters. Its just a stupid and ridiculous idea that should be scraped before people take it further!

Playing a game of AFL footy in Ballarat? pfft... Rod Ward was known for pulling off great practicle jokes in his playing days at Darley but none as good as this one. City Oval? what a terrible ground to watch and play football at. I once had 43 kicks and kicked 3 in the reserves (just coming back from injury) showering and watched Brad Miller kick 6 in the second half but still felt dissatisfied. I dont know if it was the luke warm pie i was served by the redan canteen lady with 4 teeth and a strong Scottish accent, the state of the used Redan footy jumper that someone put on the local labrador, the Gary Glitter clone that bangs the drums, the grandstand being 3 residential blocks away from the boundary line or the 14 blades of grass that covered the rectangular plot of ground that i was FORCED to dominate another game of football on.

Eastern Oval is the best surface in Ballarat but it has little room and its inhabitants are some of the feralist kinds in any of Australias rural centres. Ballarat should be on the banned list for any form of elite sports display- PERIOD! Nobody in the world (apart from those who live there) actually care about Ballarat. If i had my way they should fence off Ballarat like the Woomera detention centre and let you squabble over super topics like- potato farming, black hair dye and facial piercings.. You are self sufficient in the sense that you can grow vegetables and farm cattle, so you can eat. Water? you figure that out... Entertainment? well a long time ago you staged that Eureka stockade business- have a few more of them cause you have hung your hat on that for a long time. Health care? you have a hospital that is better than most Sudanese disease camps- you should be fine. Roads and infrastructure? You have got enough- get back on your horse and cart if you dont like it.

The rest of us should have quarterly meetings like the immigration department do to decide which ones we will allow into normal society and which ones we will deport back to your cold, boring and lifeless area of yuk! The first inductees on my list will be the Sebas netball girls and other females i have met at Lakeview on Uni nights... Other than that i dont see any value in the place.

oh rat boy, how pathetic and desperate you are to get a bite back eh?
Random fact; the smallest recorded penis is 5/8 of an inch, judging by your persistant need to get attention on an internet forum that would be you yea?
Respond with some 'masterpiece' of grama you are so fond of if you must, but with sebas visiting darley very soon you could always be brave and say it to my face? Please dont forget to stuff, as wouldnt want to be in fits of laughter at your shall we say, lack of manhood, whilst you rant.....:D

oh rat boy, how pathetic and desperate you are to get a bite back eh?
Random fact; the smallest recorded penis is 5/8 of an inch, judging by your persistant need to get attention on an internet forum that would be you yea?
Respond with some 'masterpiece' of grama you are so fond of if you must, but with sebas visiting darley very soon you could always be brave and say it to my face? Please dont forget to stuff, as wouldnt want to be in fits of laughter at your shall we say, lack of manhood, whilst you rant.....:D

Super post Doc- I would be wrapped to come and say IT to your face, if only i knew what that IT was... I cant remember mentioning you in my post because quite simply you are pretty insignificant in the scheme of the world. I didnt really mean to include Sebas in the summary of my Woomera type setup because quite simply- Sebas is even worse than Ballarat. Your last few claims to fame were when your under 18's played finals footy in about 2002, which was just before your captain Simon Eason left the club and your Vice Captain Joey Gilbert went to the slammer and then moved clubs when he was released. You have always been a success is developing youth and retaining their services. That was just prior to your successful grand final appearance with Willy and the gang who hog tied your club and left it penniless and the pity of the BFL.

I like your stats on the smallest penis ever recorded, in fact you might be able to get a few stats on my true length if you care to run a survey at LakeView one night. There have been plenty of inspections, no complaints and definately no protection- the rat in the hat always goes bareback. Chin up though Miss feminism, i dont hate you for trying to get noticed off the back of one of my posts- you got my mate Chief barred but the Rat wont make the same mistake, come along and say hi when Darley hit the front by a hundred points (which should be the 10 minute mark of the 2nd quarter) and i will give you the rundown on how i really feel about you and your long winded sob stories. If not i will find you cause its not gonna be tough.... Im guessing short hair, regrowth, tattoo and an eyebrow ring, wearing a KD Lang t-shirt and a son who is embarrassed to be seen with the old girl.

IT was the above post dumby, now you will have to work on another rant.
Im assuming that 10min into the 2nd Q is how long it takes you to down enough woodys to feel confident enough to be funny is it? Probably pass on the visit to the rats nest, but seek me out - i wont be hard to find!!!
Seeya satday big fella ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IT was the above post dumby, now you will have to work on another rant.
Im assuming that 10min into the 2nd Q is how long it takes you to down enough woodys to feel confident enough to be funny is it? Probably pass on the visit to the rats nest, but seek me out - i wont be hard to find!!!
Seeya satday big fella ;)

Yeah it will be like a game of cluedo- lonely heavyset lady, cheering for embarrassed son at Darley Park.. Its certainly a welcome change from Ms Scarlet, in the conservatory with the candlestick... If you happen to be looking for me though gorgeous, im afraid the game wont be so tough- I will be the one with the big biceps and all the girls hanging off my arm in the hope the photographer from one of the local rags will get a snap of them with yours truly and somehow make the (whats hot) section next week. I am planning on wearing the ivory Versace slacks with the magenta Gucci pullover and a top hat made by Gai Waterhouses personal miliner. I will be the one flicking all the hundreds around in my new prada wallet that i earned in the first hour of trading options on Wednesday morning from my office in Little Collins. I celebrated with a dinner at a Brighton cafe where i indulged in my favourite chicken basquaise and a glass of Romane'e Conti from the French Alps. I topped it off with a stop at the mahogany room wear i cleaned up $410k in the first hour of Baccarat sitting alongside the owner of the Flower Drum and a Hong Kong businessman. I wondered up to the crown towers to get a foot and neck massage from a few lovely ladies sent from Ji Li and then fell back into my work suit (Zegna) before calling on my mode of transport to arrive to take me back to paradise (Darley). Whilst we are on the topic of the mode of transport- that Bentley out back of the grandstand is mine! Oh and the dark fella standing at the passenger door isnt Willie Rioli or Chris Lewis! That is my chauffeur Willis, he is Nigerian and i sponsored him and the rest of his village through World Vision. Willis is studying medicine at Melbourne Uni thanks to me and his sister Lalula is at Oxford doing her honours in International law. Anyway enough of me love- if you need 50 cents to get yourself a pie of a coffee (and i know 10 sugars, dont stir- your sweet enough) then give me a yell...

Love always- the Rat

Yeah it will be like a game of cluedo- lonely heavyset lady, cheering for embarrassed son at Darley Park.. Its certainly a welcome change from Ms Scarlet, in the conservatory with the candlestick... If you happen to be looking for me though gorgeous, im afraid the game wont be so tough- I will be the one with the big biceps and all the girls hanging off my arm in the hope the photographer from one of the local rags will get a snap of them with yours truly and somehow make the (whats hot) section next week. I am planning on wearing the ivory Versace slacks with the magenta Gucci pullover and a top hat made by Gai Waterhouses personal miliner. I will be the one flicking all the hundreds around in my new prada wallet that i earned in the first hour of trading options on Wednesday morning from my office in Little Collins. I celebrated with a dinner at a Brighton cafe where i indulged in my favourite chicken basquaise and a glass of Romane'e Conti from the French Alps. I topped it off with a stop at the mahogany room wear i cleaned up $410k in the first hour of Baccarat sitting alongside the owner of the Flower Drum and a Hong Kong businessman. I wondered up to the crown towers to get a foot and neck massage from a few lovely ladies sent from Ji Li and then fell back into my work suit (Zegna) before calling on my mode of transport to arrive to take me back to paradise (Darley). Whilst we are on the topic of the mode of transport- that Bentley out back of the grandstand is mine! Oh and the dark fella standing at the passenger door isnt Willie Rioli or Chris Lewis! That is my chauffeur Willis, he is Nigerian and i sponsored him and the rest of his village through World Vision. Willis is studying medicine at Melbourne Uni thanks to me and his sister Lalula is at Oxford doing her honours in International law. Anyway enough of me love- if you need 50 cents to get yourself a pie of a coffee (and i know 10 sugars, dont stir- your sweet enough) then give me a yell...

Love always- the Rat

that must be you willie, give back our money you swine!!! :cool:

codepink_fat_lady.jpg

Aren't they all pretty good now that the Council have invested millions in fixing surfaces, installing irrigation, doing up club rooms and improved lighting at North Ballarat 2, Wendouree, Alfredton, and now Sebastopol? I think that the City Oval is next cab off the rank later this year to finally get that fire track removed and the oval totally rebuilt and shifted closer to the stand. The Eastern Oval is in the second year of a ten year rebuild which will see it eventually transform into a regional cricket hub. In particular, Cricket Victoria announced (on the 24 Feb 2017) $500,000 funding to upgrade player change facilities, the turf pitches and install new lighting of the same capacity as Eureka Stadium (300 lux outfield and 500 lux at wicket).

RE Article: http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/n...ng-for-a-regional-cricket-hub-at-eastern-oval

Curiously the BFL stated two years ago their intention to shift the 2018 GF to the City Oval. The City Oval is a beautiful ground but totally lacks any potential to upgrade beyond a new surface because its trees cannot be removed, you can't install lights beyond its current capacity due to current planning restrictions in place as a result of local residents objections several years ago, and the City Oval scoreboard is something off the ark.

Who would have thought six years ago that Ballarat would boast a state of the art AFL ground at North Ballarat and a modern and upgraded Eastern Oval by 2019, supported by four other AFL playing standard ovals?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back