TV Ballers (HBO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Caught up. Don't mind the season so far. Really, really dislike Joe though. Someone needs to punch him in the head.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Anyone still watching this?

Wtf has happened with Anderson? They've made him into an absolute mess. Totally different character to the hard ass he was in the first couple of seasons.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah still on it.
Latest episode was okay i guess.

Peter Bergs rampage when he got sacked was gold
Haha yeah, he was great. Kind of hope he hangs around. I'm a bit pi**ed off they've made me dislike Dule Hill. Charles is also giving me the s**ts.

Still maintain that these episodes need to be at least 10 mins longer.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Not loving how this season is going, truth be told. Still tuning in but not loving it as much as I'd hoped.

Candace is ******* annoying.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
They've kind of gone away from what made it successful.

The player management side of things was the good thing. Now they've got rid of that, we get to see the rich owners be smug pricks. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

There's just other things that won't/don't work either. Charles quitting Miami to go work in another organisation. Everything seems to be based out of Miami (or Oakland) this season. Why not keep him in Miami? I know Ricky plays out of New England but he's still living in Miami.

Also hope Dule Hill hangs around. Really liked his character. Would somehow love Charles to end up working under him again.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
They've kind of gone away from what made it successful.

The player management side of things was the good thing. Now they've got rid of that, we get to see the rich owners be smug pricks. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

There's just other things that won't/don't work either. Charles quitting Miami to go work in another organisation. Everything seems to be based out of Miami (or Oakland) this season. Why not keep him in Miami? I know Ricky plays out of New England but he's still living in Miami.

Also hope Dule Hill hangs around. Really liked his character. Would somehow love Charles to end up working under him again.
100% agree, the player management stuff was interesting, allowed for a bunch of cool cameos and gave everyone a look into the world of high performance sports and the money the deal with and the buddy comedy between Dwayne and Rob Cordry. Its just not fun anymore and it was never much more than a fun show set in the sports world, a bit like entourage for jocks.

Sterge

Jun 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avs/Pats/Chelsea
100% agree, the player management stuff was interesting, allowed for a bunch of cool cameos and gave everyone a look into the world of high performance sports and the money the deal with and the buddy comedy between Dwayne and Rob Cordry. Its just not fun anymore and it was never much more than a fun show set in the sports world, a bit like entourage for jocks.
My problem is at least in Entourage they ended every season winning, this seems like Spencer never gets a win he's always up against it and it's just not that entertaining seeing him get s**t on every season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggie

Born is pride, from isolation
Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
Binged the season over the past 5 days. Shorter eps work well in that regard.

Had some tough moments for Soencer, questioning his ethics, integrity etc.

I liked it and look forward to the expansion.

Wtf has happened with Anderson? They've made him into an absolute mess. Totally different character to the hard ass he was in the first couple of seasons.
I put that down to Julian.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I'll still tune in next season but I'm not expecting much at all. Bit disappointed with how it's all turned out.

I don't really understand why they did the 'keep the Raiders in Oakland' story arc. It's the first thing that doesn't really match reality at the moment.

GoalSneak38

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'll still tune in next season but I'm not expecting much at all. Bit disappointed with how it's all turned out.

I don't really understand why they did the 'keep the Raiders in Oakland' story arc. It's the first thing that doesn't really match reality at the moment.
Yeah it was a disappointing season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

bourbons

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit late on season 3, started last night.... um can someone tell me why Spencer is back working in the office with no problems and his deal to go partners with Anderson went through? Wasn't he de-registered at the end of season 2?

akkaps

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit late on season 3, started last night.... um can someone tell me why Spencer is back working in the office with no problems and his deal to go partners with Anderson went through? Wasn't he de-registered at the end of season 2?
Watch the rest of the season, it goes through a full arc where he is doing something completely different.

Sterge

Jun 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avs/Pats/Chelsea
Loved the first episode just downloaded the second one.

Thought season 3 dragged a bit, was only a matter of time before they moved to LA though purely to make it easier for the rock to film

Abba Lonie

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC, BHN, OKC
Finished the first ep of season 4 wondering whether it had much more in it, liked the second ep much more.

Top Bottom