FTA-TV Ballers (HBO)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been watching the show, but not really loving it to be honest. Just stumbled across Survivor's Remorse, which actually IS the sports version of Entourage and is way better than Ballers. I thought I'd just post it here because you'd be likely to enjoy it as well.
Thanks for this suggestion, definitely seems like my type of show. I love Ballers as well though.

I've been watching the show, but not really loving it to be honest. Just stumbled across Survivor's Remorse, which actually IS the sports version of Entourage and is way better than Ballers. I thought I'd just post it here because you'd be likely to enjoy it as well.

Where do you watch this show?

Torrent, Foxtel, Stan or Netflix?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have watched 2 episodes and when it first came out was really interested. Its not in my Foxtel Pack and I wont be spending extra money to get it. So maybe someone could PM me a link to somewhere.

Just on Dwayne and his future. I think he wants to get away from full action movies and this is a good preview tape for people to see him in something different. For those who read as well there is a series by Harlan Coben about an old BasketBall star , Myron Bolitar, who suffers a career ending injury who becomes a player agent for many people. In the day to day grind of being an agent he finds himself caught up in things such as trying to keep the Mafia off a players back or another player getting dudded by family members and bikies. I think ( even though I read the character as white) someone like DJ could do this as well.

Struck a nerve too as so many of them in both the NFL and NBA end up pissing their money away and leave the sport with nothing

There was a book about that very topic the average is something like 7 years before they are broke regardless of how much they earn.

Yeah have to admit the short episodes formaulr for this series has been weird

Still I don't feel like the show has missed anything with that format

It suffers a bit from the Entourage syndrome. Its all flash and consumer pr0n but still has some funny moments that makes you want to watch.

Of course this show has much better actors and a way better setting so its more enjoyable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back