FTA-TV Ballers (HBO)

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Watched through the first 3 last week, haven't seen this weeks yet.

Maybe I've forgotten how the last season ended but I was sure it had something to do with trying to keep the Raiders in Oakland? Seen nothing about that so far?

Also for the life of me couldn't remember Charles and Ricky falling out.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no

Maybe I've forgotten how the last season ended but I was sure it had something to do with trying to keep the Raiders in Oakland? Seen nothing about that so far?

I think you missed a series perhaps?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hmmm let me look up an episode guide
Presumably they did wrap it up:

https://tvweb.com/ballers-season-3-finale-recap-yay-area/

Looks like the resolution was they just kind of ignored it. Decided it wasn't for them and stepped away from the whole thing.

Seems like average writing to me. Base the whole 3rd season on the Raiders relocation, only to resolve it in the last 5 mins of the season and completely ignore it in the new season.

Looks like the resolution was they just kind of ignored it. Decided it wasn't for them and stepped away from the whole thing.

Seems like average writing to me. Base the whole 3rd season on the Raiders relocation, only to resolve it in the last 5 mins of the season and completely ignore it in the new season.

Yeah the finale they presented to the consortium and they decided that they loved their idea but wanted to do their idea in Vegas instead of LA. So they won but lost at the same time.

I think that is where they got the money to buy Sports X because in episode 1 Spencer was paying Ricky back as well

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The last 5 or so minutes of that episode (at Monster Jam) was possibly the most cringeworthy television i can remember for some time.

They've kind of gone away from what made it successful.

The player management side of things was the good thing. Now they've got rid of that, we get to see the rich owners be smug pricks. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

There's just other things that won't/don't work either. Charles quitting Miami to go work in another organisation. Everything seems to be based out of Miami (or Oakland) this season. Why not keep him in Miami? I know Ricky plays out of New England but he's still living in Miami.

Also hope Dule Hill hangs around. Really liked his character. Would somehow love Charles to end up working under him again.

The show "jumped the shark" when Spencer got into that Monster Truck.

And the Raiders stayed in Oakland

And the Raiders stayed in Oakland
Did they? I thought it was still up in the air. That's why I was surprised it wasn't addressed.

Spencer, Joe Krutel (Rob Corddry), their boss Brett Anderson (Richard Schiff) and his deep-pockets little brother Julian Anderson (Steven Weber), who’s called in at the 11th hour for reinforcement, explain why “the reality is, the Oakland Raiders, they need to stay in Oakland.” His group argues against relocating a third NFL team in two years (after the Rams left St. Louis and the Chargers left San Diego) by proposing a new, state-of-the-art stadium to be built in Oakland, which would be privately funded.

After deliberation, the league approves the privately funded stadium — but in Las Vegas, not Oakland, leaving Spencer with a huge choice to make: Will he continue to support the Vegas push after the NFL screwed him out of his new Oakland plan? Or will he return to Miami to continue his work as the beloved financial and social adviser to NFL players?

Although Brett and Julian Anderson don’t want to pass up on the opportunity to spearhead the construction of a new Raiders stadium in Las Vegas, Spencer chooses loyalty over money and power by backing out of the deal. He and Joe return to the Anderson Sports Management offices in Miami, where his team is packing up boxes under the impression that the company will be sold to fund the Las Vegas stadium. Yet Spencer announces that not only will the company be retained, but expansion across the country and to encompass more athletes from different sports is also in store.

Spencer, Joe Krutel (Rob Corddry), their boss Brett Anderson (Richard Schiff) and his deep-pockets little brother Julian Anderson (Steven Weber), who’s called in at the 11th hour for reinforcement, explain why “the reality is, the Oakland Raiders, they need to stay in Oakland.” His group argues against relocating a third NFL team in two years (after the Rams left St. Louis and the Chargers left San Diego) by proposing a new, state-of-the-art stadium to be built in Oakland, which would be privately funded.

After deliberation, the league approves the privately funded stadium — but in Las Vegas, not Oakland, leaving Spencer with a huge choice to make: Will he continue to support the Vegas push after the NFL screwed him out of his new Oakland plan? Or will he return to Miami to continue his work as the beloved financial and social adviser to NFL players?

Although Brett and Julian Anderson don’t want to pass up on the opportunity to spearhead the construction of a new Raiders stadium in Las Vegas, Spencer chooses loyalty over money and power by backing out of the deal. He and Joe return to the Anderson Sports Management offices in Miami, where his team is packing up boxes under the impression that the company will be sold to fund the Las Vegas stadium. Yet Spencer announces that not only will the company be retained, but expansion across the country and to encompass more athletes from different sports is also in store.
Yeak ok.

I remember Spencer being swayed by the limo driver speaking so passionately about the Raiders staying in Oakland

Yeak ok.

I remember Spencer being swayed by the limo driver speaking so passionately about the Raiders staying in Oakland

Yeah they made a huge pitch based on that and got the driver and all the fans to chant outside the window, in the end the commission ****ed them by picking their plan but moving the team anyway.

Yeah they made a huge pitch based on that and got the driver and all the fans to chant outside the window, in the end the commission ****** them by picking their plan but moving the team anyway.
That rings a bell now

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The gap between seasons is way too long, I've forgotten heaps of stuff!

Not really diggin' this season as much as the previous three...

Back