FTA-TV Ballers (HBO)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just binged season 5. Completely wasted 4 hours that i will never get back.

Season was complete trash. So many shitty filler storylines.

Vernon threatening to quit football and become a egamer? I cant believe how much time they wasted with that s**t side story. Kind of wish he was the player that was shot. Offers nothing to the series. They should of killed him off.

Ricky Jarrett and his new career as a podcaster/interviewer. Who gives a s**t.

So much fake drama that doesnt make sense. Dropping the NCAA story. Spencer v Joe. Spencer v Bossman. Just terrible.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Yeah that was just awful. Phoned in by the actors and the writers. All week this has made me a lot more angry than I should be. I knew what I was getting myself in to.

A lot of it just made no sense. Final season of GOT areas so far as character motives go.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Dallas Cowboys-esque owner who is all * the players and then oh wait spencer is a solid guy and now I support him. Pretty epic rise for a non-licensed agent that lost a lot of this friends their life savings. Then the relationship between the bald guy (can't remember his name) and his work colleague. Did the big guy go back to LA to be GM again?

Just...*!!!

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just binged season 5. Completely wasted 4 hours that i will never get back.

Season was complete trash. So many shitty filler storylines.

Vernon threatening to quit football and become a egamer? I cant believe how much time they wasted with that sh*t side story. Kind of wish he was the player that was shot. Offers nothing to the series. They should of killed him off.

Ricky Jarrett and his new career as a podcaster/interviewer. Who gives a sh*t.

So much fake drama that doesnt make sense. Dropping the NCAA story. Spencer v Joe. Spencer v Bossman. Just terrible.
I have Binged S02 to S04 the past fortnight and currently in S05 and I CAN only agree 100% with your post.
Total jump the shark season
Is this it..because S06 looks like a waste of time

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Seemed to wrap it up or you would hope. They way Spencer was advancing with his career he'd be NFL Commissioner by the next season.

Just caught up with this show after stopping after season 3. Reading this thread I’m glad I wasn’t alone with the bizarre/missing plot shifts between each season, then it went all woke in season 4 which always hurts shows ratings, it’s no wonder they put a bullet in it was all over the shop by the end.

At least it was happy endings even if most didn’t make any sense.

Funny when The Rock was offered the Chief’s “presidency”, given latest talk.

Wouldn’t recommend overall. Shouldn’t be compared to Entourage.

Just caught up with this show after stopping after season 3. Reading this thread I’m glad I wasn’t alone with the bizarre/missing plot shifts between each season, then it went all woke in season 4 which always hurts shows ratings, it’s no wonder they put a bullet in it was all over the shop by the end.

At least it was happy endings even if most didn’t make any sense.

Funny when The Rock was offered the Chief’s “presidency”, given latest talk.

Wouldn’t recommend overall. Shouldn’t be compared to Entourage.
The first couple of series are comparable

Then it deteriorates rapidly

Back