Balmey love

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
couldn't readily locate a thread on the great man, so here goes. heard him on s.e.n last week saying he's never been involved with a club where the players are so committed to one another. or how united the off field team is. from peggy down. love the big man. love the club.:hearteyes:

Manages people a bit like he played, doesn't waste an unnecessary word. Blokes like him get respect fast!

(though he eats pussy biscuits - he needs to eat Ginger Nuts and then the legend is complete!)

Last edited:
Liked his response in that interview to being headhunted by other clubs - if he moved jobs for more money it would be against the ethos they promote at the club and he wouldn’t be living up to that principle.

Sounded genuine but also quite timely since Cara$ellout’s departure. 😎
Ohhh nasty backhander by Balmey... ;)

I fell out of love with the game three years ago. It was clear that Hawthorn was no longer dominant and Richmond was not yet ready.

I thought the quality of footy that year was poor. I maintain that Footscray's flag was the least-deserved in fifty years. They surfed a wave of emotion with the umps in tow. The third-man up rule needed to go. Their style was ideal for Docklands, one of the worst venues in the competition.

To be fair to the Dogs, I could see that they were easily the best rugby team in the state. Their precision throws were devastating.

I'd completely lost interest. Then Neil Balme returned and three players moved in from other clubs.

By the start of the season, I was confident that the next dominant era was about to begin.

To cap that off, the club needs at least another flag. It also needed Neil Balme.

I fell out of love with the game three years ago. It was clear that Hawthorn was no longer dominant and Richmond was not yet ready.

I thought the quality of footy that year was poor. I maintain that Footscray's flag was the least-deserved in fifty years. They surfed a wave of emotion with the umps in tow. The third-man up rule needed to go. Their style was ideal for Docklands, one of the worst venues in the competition.

To be fair to the Dogs, I could see that they were easily the best rugby team in the state. Their precision throws were devastating.

I'd completely lost interest. Then Neil Balme returned and three players moved in from other clubs.

By the start of the season, I was confident that the next dominant era was about to begin.

To cap that off, the club needs at least another flag. It also needed Neil Balme.

All fantastic recipes have that something special and Neil Balme just happens to be the cherry on top and none of those artificial pretend cherries that other clubs like to try, Balmy is the real deal first class A grade cherry on top! :richmond:;):D:richmond:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back