Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah i didnt see the vision until just now, Thomas was bullshitting. Jefferson is the narrator says, i dont know either off the top of my head

You know Tony Jefferson.

Not sure what he has to do with Thomas anyway considering he plays strong safety, not free safety. šŸ˜‚

Post-Thomas release....

The Ravens view third-year FS DeShon Elliott as a ā€œcapable starter.ā€
Elliott has rarely been healthy ā€” he spent his rookie year on IR and missed the final 10 games last season to a knee injury. With speculation the Ravens could move on from Earl Thomas, Elliott would be the next up. The Ravens have seventh-rounder Geno Stone and Anthony Levine behind Elliott. Theyā€™ve also mentioned moving Jimmy Smith to safety in some packages.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 23, 2020, 10:01 AM ET

Costs cap space

There is no one out in the FA market really worth picking up now anyway. Logan Ryan maybe? Who else?

You'll be able to find someone else cheap once cuts are made prior to the season if Elliott isn't the guy coz you're a contender regardless.

Perhaps we would have traded with the Jets for someone instead.

They apparently tried trading him the past two days I've heard, no takers given the size of his contract and uncertainty around the cap going into next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys know that Marcus Maye plays free safety for the Jets yea? Same as Earl yea? The Jets are set at ETs position. ET isnt a strong safety. He wouldn't replace Adams whatsoever.

Yes.
We need a FS/SS. ET was a FS, he WAS the best in the game. We donā€™t need a SS/LB, we just drafted one of those.

Earl Thomas is on the down trend, you would have been looking for a replacement sooner than later regardless, even if he doesn't his marble this off-season. Still a top 20 safety in the game currently but he's no Ed Reed or the likes of that. Ed wouldn't get used as a lead blocker by Derrick Henry. šŸ˜‚

I reckon Chuck Clark is an excellent strong safety.

Yes, but its becoming more hybrid over time, as schemes change, as players get injured, etc. We all know FS is fundamentally different to SS otherwise

Most teams still will at least play with a single high or angel regardless of the personal up front. Very rare that teams go full Gus Bradley and dare you to throw it deep and have no one back. You saw what Lamar did against that in Miami in week 1 last year. Set up his whole season.

Strong safties for sure play far closer to the LOS these days than they used to and have more pass coverage responsibilities also (the good ones anyway).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back