Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Earl Thomas is on the down trend, you would have been looking for a replacement sooner than later regardless, even if he doesn't his marble this off-season. Still a top 20 safety in the game currently but he's no Ed Reed or the likes of that. Ed wouldn't get used as a lead blocker by Derrick Henry.

I reckon Chuck Clark is an excellent strong safety.

Ed Reed is easily the best FS of all time. ET can polish his boots.

That Pittsburg guy was possibly the best SS of all time (Poly something).... ET not even in the conversation there.

Ed Reed is easily the best FS of all time. ET can polish his boots.

That Pittsburg guy was possibly the best SS of all time (Poly something).... ET not even in the conversation there.

Yea Polamalu was a freak. As much I hate the prick nowadays, Adams is similar/but different kind of freak.

Brian Dawkins probably the second best free safety I've seen behind Reed.

I played SS, wasn’t good at FS. I even sometimes even played CB but still wasn’t good at FS. High safety was just too removed from the ball/hitting people....
Build/physique and certain skills... fit and dont fit.

There are certain players who can play both well. CBs generally fit into FS abd vice versa because its more about pure coverage, not meaty hitters. In the box Safeties can have a DB or LB background, just they have to be good in traffic, shedding blocks, apt at blitzing, an extra linebacker who can cover like a DB.

There are schenes where DCs often play cover 2 shell and where to further confuse the O they dont flip around as the O formation flips around weak/strong. Making it harder for the QB to read which safety to read. Sone schemes are reliant on single high safety, cover 1 or 3 shell, with the SS another LB.

Sone players like malik hooker etc are strictly only good at FS, they arent hitters and block shedders, they excel so much at FS you dont ask them to do anything else. There are guys like Adams or Fitzpatrick or Simmons, they can be used all over.

Build/physique and certain skills... fit and dont fit.

There are certain players who can play both well. CBs generally fit into FS abd vice versa because its more about pure coverage, not meaty hitters. In the box Safeties can have a DB or LB background, just they have to be good in traffic, shedding blocks, apt at blitzing, an extra linebacker who can cover like a DB.

There are schenes where DCs often play cover 2 shell and where to further confuse the O they dont flip around as the O formation flips around weak/strong. Making it harder for the QB to read which safety to read. Sone schemes are reliant on single high safety, cover 1 or 3 shell, with the SS another LB.

Sone players like malik hooker etc are strictly only good at FS, they arent hitters and block shedders, they excel so much at FS you dont ask them to do anything else. There are guys like Adams or Fitzpatrick or Simmons, they can be used all over.

* Minkah Fitzpatrick tho, ******* baby. ;)

Yea Polamalu was a freak. As much I hate the prick nowadays, Adams is similar/but different kind of freak.

Brian Dawkins probably the second best free safety I've seen behind Reed.

Yes Polamalu is the one. Best SS. Adams isn’t that level but top 5 current ones.

Dawkins probably second best FS. Not many others in that conversation though.

Yes Polamalu is the one. Best SS. Adams isn’t that level but top 5 current ones.

Dawkins probably second best FS. Not many others in that conversation though.

Adams does stuff that even TP couldnt. Thats why I say hes a different kind of freak. His pass rushing skills for a strong safety are like nothing I've seen before. TP better than Adams in pass coverage, better nose for the ball Etc etc

Last edited:
Adams does stuff that even TP couldnt. Thats why I say hes a different kind of freak. His pass rushing skills for a strong safety are like nothing I've seen before. TP better than Adams in pass coverage, better nose for the ball Etc etc

I played like Adams. Adams is a better athlete than I ever was. He is a freak for his position.

Earl Thomas release because of a dust up with a teammate seems excessive to me. 3 year 36 mill guaranteed one year in....

Or was it a combination of his off field bed hopping in front of his gun slinging mrs that straw that broke the camels back?

Earl Thomas release because of a dust up with a teammate seems excessive to me. 3 year 36 mill guaranteed one year in....

Or was it a combination of his off field bed hopping in front of his gun slinging mrs that straw that broke the camels back?

There was no way it was an isolated incident. I think he's just a ********, players and coaches had seen enough.. The ravens don't put up with that s**t no matter who you are. Probably why they have been as good of a frachise for as long as they have.

There were reports he'd been late for practices leading up to this also.

The fight was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it sounds like he's a bit of a loner, pretty selfish and the coaches and players haven't been a fan of his attitude for a while now

He's apparently just completely skipped multiple meetings, shown up late to others, called out a respected team mate for not playing while injured, and overall just never really jelled with the team. The fact that the FO/coaches found out about that incident with his wife from TMZ/Instagram wouldn't have helped either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really strange way to act in Earl's part. He's in the best possible situation he could possibly be in team and $ wise.

Why blow it all up?

Interestingly to me,Brandon Carr made it all the way back to you and onto the PS. Was one of the players I was thinking the Panthers might claim for some veteran help, has he really fallen off that much ?

J.K. Dobbins is listed as the No. 4 running back on the Ravens’ depth chart.
This comes as a surprise based on training camp reports. The Ravens’ official site listed rookie ILB Patrick Queen as a starter, so this doesn’t look like veteran deference. Coach John Harbaugh said he expects Dobbins to have a role on offense. We still like Dobbins as the touch favorite behind Mark Ingram, but it may not happen in Week 1.
SOURCE: baltimoreravens.com
Sep 9, 2020, 9:32 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back