Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Now top of the division, lol

I literally had to factcheck that just to be sure. :eek:

I had no idea the Bengals had only won 3 and the Steelers 4 - I assumed both were 5-3 or so.

I literally had to factcheck that just to be sure. :eek:

I had no idea the Bengals had only won 3 and the Steelers 4 - I assumed both were 5-3 or so.
Its comical really. The steelers hit by injury again, and the bungles bungling helps..... Thank the heavens for the browns and playing them twice, Horrid TNF game but we'll take it. Our standard 8-8 season could be enough for a WC spot.

With the poor state of our O-Line, would we be better off with T Taylor?

Doubt it. He's behind one of the best (say, top 5 behind Dallas, Raiders and Bengals) offensive lines in the league and still holds the ball too long and looks average, though an average QB is better than the alternative in today's NFL.

John Harbaugh,

“I think our offense won the game today. That’s the No. 1 thought. I felt like Joe [Flacco] figured out, especially in the second half … [He] played the game to win the game. He didn’t really try to force any balls in there.

“Even some passes that you’re going to look at and say, ‘You know what, he could have completed that pass.’ He chose not to a few times, I think. I think he understood the situation of the game, so I’ll give him credit for that. The run game had moments, but the consistency wasn’t there.”

errr....what?o_O

Here in Baltimore tonight, we better win.
Didn't realise it took so long to travel here lol .

Take some pics! They're supposed to be giving out colour rush flags to everyone at the stadium.
I was there for the Thursday Night Thanksgiving game Vs the Steelers. Ended up sitting next to a couple of New Zealanders which was bizarre but I got to see a Torrey Smith touchdown right in front of me which was amazing.

First half offense was frustrating to watch, second half heaps better.

I know it's only against the Browns but if we get the run game going it will do wonders for Flacco.

Great catch just then by Perrimen.

Good to get the W, have a win by more than 1 score and still top of the AFC North. Would be great if both the steelers and bengals drop games this week. We don't have the easiest run home. Really need to get results against the Bengals, who have had our measure in recent times (AJ Green gives me nightmares).

A few thoughts from Today.

- Once we establishes the run game we seemed to perform much better on offence. Finally got to see what Dixon can do

- So happy for Perriman. Not sure if the TD should have stood, but he clearly has the ability to make plays (needs to continue working on those drops)

- O-line was ok tonight. I do worry about Stanley long term, he looks lethargic out there and seems to get beaten rather easily in pass protection. However, I do not know the ins and outs of O-line play, so would appreciate others' insights.

- The D-line is superb. B-Williams and Jernigan are both studs. I really like Michael Pierce, great find. Urban and Guy have been very solid hitherto. Would love to see Judon get more snaps, the kid is beast. Will be interesting to see how they go against the Dallas O-line next week.

- Tavon Young has had a fantastic few games. Secondary performed very well today. Weddle has brought a lot of experience to that unit, which struggled so much last season.

- Is it just me, or does Devin Hester offer naught?

- Justin Tucker is still our best player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CxPgBo0UQAA3nWF.jpg:large

If only we had a reasonable O we would be a contender. I still think the biggest loss on that side of the ball in the last 5 years is Kubiak going off to coach Denver.

Looks like Dixon is coming of age. Good game (going off the stats) so far. Joe is still Joe though.

More impressed now that I'm seeing the game. Really hard to bring down.

The Rawls comaprisons pre draft seem pretty apt. Pretty disappointed at our overall performance in game though. The Pats were so well drilled and we just looked like we lacked preparation.

Pretty disappointed at our overall performance in game though. The Pats were so well drilled and we just looked like we lacked preparation.

Can't say I was that surprised by the performance or outcome unfortunately.

We were always going to need "Play-off Flacco" to be present for most of the game like we was against the Dolphins.

And once it was clear Jimmy Smith was out I had no confidence in our defenses ability to stop the Pats passing game as it meant that Powers and Wright were both on the field most of the time and having significant responsibilities in coverage as opposed to just covering an underneath zone. Pees' defense requires 2 pretty good corners and for the players to execute perfectly to function and neither Wright nor Powers can be considered "good" or trusted to execute consistently.

Can't say I was that surprised by the performance or outcome unfortunately.

We were always going to need "Play-off Flacco" to be present for most of the game like we was against the Dolphins.

And once it was clear Jimmy Smith was out I had no confidence in our defenses ability to stop the Pats passing game as it meant that Powers and Wright were both on the field most of the time and having significant responsibilities in coverage as opposed to just covering an underneath zone. Pees' defense requires 2 pretty good corners and for the players to execute perfectly to function and neither Wright nor Powers can be considered "good" or trusted to execute consistently.

Elam on the Hogan TD was brutal. Misread the route and then half-slipped when he realised it was a go route. :(

Elam on the Hogan TD was brutal. Misread the route and then half-slipped when he realised it was a go route. :(
For once wasn't Elam's fault

Looked to me that it was supposed to be a Cover-3 shell, which would put the blame on Weddle as he was the deep safety in the middle of the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back