Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd probably say it's the biggest game of the last 5 years as there were more important games pre-2012 season (the SB win and AFCCGs obviously), but I agree with the sentiment. Lose this game an making the play-offs becomes pretty unlikely, and not making the play-offs yet again could well be the end of Harbaugh's tenure in Baltimore

I'd probably say it's the biggest game of the last 5 years as there were more important games pre-2012 season (the SB win and AFCCGs obviously), but I agree with the sentiment. Lose this game an making the play-offs becomes pretty unlikely, and not making the play-offs yet again could well be the end of Harbaugh's tenure in Baltimore

Yep. Part of me worries that even if do we win it's only going to delay the inevitable. Unless there is a massive philosophical shift in coaching...Harbaugh is done in my opinion.

Yep. Part of me worries that even if do we win it's only going to delay the inevitable. Unless there is a massive philosophical shift in coaching...Harbaugh is done in my opinion.

Conference game or clean out your desks.

IF we look at the other really successful teams, they have major turnover along all positions except:
QB, LT, LG, C
Primary pass catcher.

None of this long term Defensive mega bucks deals. Particularly interior D-Linemen.

We have never fully invested in a primary pass catcher. Whether a Gronk, Brown or another double team requiring target.

IF we don't beat the Squeelers my hopes are:

Clean out the coaches. Give the new HC as much of a clean slate as he wants.

Trade Flacco for compensation similar to what the Redskins gave up last year.

Sign J Brown longer term.

Let Mosley walk or offer a medium level MLB deal. Good player but doesn't often make difference level plays. Play calling is better out of the safety spot, says a biased former safety.

I would also look at a different approach to our system to the current big power strategy used by NO, Pi & NE.
Keep our CB & Safeties. Invest picks into our O-Line. Gradually move on the expensive D-Line.

Sign Bell to a 3-4 year big money deal and let him shove it up the Squeelers each year.

IF we don't beat the Squeelers my hopes are:

Clean out the coaches. Give the new HC as much of a clean slate as he wants.

Trade Flacco for compensation similar to what the Redskins gave up last year.

Sign J Brown longer term.

Let Mosley walk or offer a medium level MLB deal. Good player but doesn't often make difference level plays. Play calling is better out of the safety spot, says a biased former safety.

I would also look at a different approach to our system to the current big power strategy used by NO, Pi & NE.
Keep our CB & Safeties. Invest picks into our O-Line. Gradually move on the expensive D-Line.

Sign Bell to a 3-4 year big money deal and let him shove it up the Squeelers each year.

I like all that only I can't see Flacco having much value in the same way Smith did. We need the new coach to be fully committed to Lamar as well. I don't want to become one of those teams who try to be half pregnant with their QB like the Buccs.

I like all that only I can't see Flacco having much value in the same way Smith did. We need the new coach to be fully committed to Lamar as well. I don't want to become one of those teams who try to be half pregnant with their QB like the Buccs.

Even a second round pick for Flacco would be useful. I would use it on an interior O-Lineman.

The new HC has to not only be on board with LJ, he has to have a system in mind to maximise his strengths.

I would contemplate keeping the new DC, but he is being shown up at the moment as not being prepared to face a run heavy, quick release scheme. IF he can adjust the rest of the way, he will hopefully get a shot at staying. One of the few bright spots is our D.

The list management has been sub-par. OZ got to caught up in keeping his guys, rather than building a contender. Sure, Keep generational playmaking players like Lewis, Ed Reed, Suggs. But not keeping our Few Star WR like Bolden (and he was good but not great!).

Considering the coaching philosophy hasn't really changed since Cam Cameron left and took the Air Coryell system with him, I don't see that happening.

It's hard to tell the FO and coaching philosophies apart at times, but imo Harbaugh's always been a more conservative coach (special teams fakes not withstanding) that has preferred to build around the run (both on offense and defense) despite the fact the NFL has been a passing league for 10+ years

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Ravens haven't ruled out a midseason coaching change.

The Ravens are acutely aware that they haven't made the postseason since 2014 and could be prompted to shuffle the deck if things don't improve quickly. While it's still unlikely Baltimore would make an in-season coaching change, John Harbaugh's seat has never been hotter. That may seem like hyperbole, especially given the success Harbaugh has had throughout his Baltimore tenure, though Rapoport cautions that the coach is indeed entering a "win-or-else situation." A loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday would give Ravens brass a lot to think about during the bye week.

Source: NFL.com

Flacco is done. How can a QB as experienced and highly paid as Flacco not even look at wide open receivers. Over 10 years in the league and still pre determines his throws before the ball is even snapped.

Lets move on and start Lamar.

On a side note. So typical of this organisation to pick a bland old man TE in Hurst and overlook playmakers in Derwin James and Ridley :drunk:

Last edited:
Flacco is done. How can a QB as experienced and highly paid as Flacco not even look at wide open receivers. Over 10 years in the league and still pre determines his throws before the ball is even snapped.

On a side note. So typical of this organisation to pick a bland old man TE in Hurst and overlook playmakers in Derwin James and Ridley :drunk:

I was going to trade him for something.... he isn't worth his contract, so probably just gets cut.

Watching some replays with a mate.

He looks off an open receiver. Like, look at a guy and if he is open, throw the friggin ball.

Our season was sunk by missing the top two on the LT depth chart.... BUT injuries happen & it's an indictment that we couldn't adjust either our offence or defence to account for opponents strategies against us.

Harbaugh has to go. OZ is gone but Eric better get things improving quickly OR we need to clean house further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our season was sunk by missing the top two on the LT depth chart.
Except Stanley hasn't exact;y played well this season and Hurst is terrible at LT. Eleumunor has been surprisingly passable at LT given how poor he was at RG last season and in the pre-season this year

Very happy with what I saw for his first game. Not a fan of his of these side arm quick flicks he was doing under pressure though.

Gus Edwards looked great too. Think we've found something there.

The play calling still needs work. It feels like every game we are setting up with an illegal formation too. Very frustrating.

It feels like every game we are setting up with an illegal formation too.

That was really poor. Basic mistake at a crucial time, and we were a bit lucky to come away with the win.

That was really poor. Basic mistake at a crucial time, and we were a bit lucky to come away with the win.

I'm pretty sure the last time it happened we were in the redzone too.

That was fun. I wonder how much of the run game success came due to the Bengals having to account for Jackson.

Blocking was great, Gus Edwards was great, Snead (and Andrews) were solid and I was really impressed with Lamar. Was clearly nervous, and he needs time to learn the playbook/read defences, but he did so well, by doing so little. As he becomes more confident as a passer, he will really be a weapon.

I do wish he would go down/throw the ball away to take less hits. Some of them were unnecessary.

I didn't notice this live but the blocking by Crabtree downfield in multiple occasions was a huge plus for me. Great play and hopefully when they do their film study, someone gives him the kudos he deserved for that.

How many extra games would we have won with LJ?

2, 3 or maybe even 4....
threaten the big play with LJ, run the ball with a hard runner inside and control the f!?@ing clock
=
rest the D & win the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back