Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't dislike him (although he does look slower these days). Just don't think it is worth paying him a mega contract, especially considering other talent we have at the position.
he's the soul of the D, heir to Lewis. Not saying he's Lewis, but that's the general idea imo. loyalty and lewis wasnt quick or anything. just the leader, soul.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I love Mosely. Dunno why some of you dislike his play.
Because its not as good his first couple of years in the league and it's almost guaranteed that he'll give up a big 3rd or 4th & long conversion because he's lost so much athleticism. He's still very good against the run, but the NFL is largely moving away from the 21 and 22 personnel groupings which he excels against.

And as trueblue said, he won't be worth the $10m+ a year that he'll probably be asking for. If you pay Bobby Wagner money for a LB, you want to get Bobby Wagner level play from that player and I don't think Mosley can do that consistently enough

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
he's the soul of the D, heir to Lewis. Not saying he's Lewis, but that's the general idea imo. loyalty and lewis wasnt quick or anything. just the leader, soul.
And yet he isn't even entrusted with the defensive headset to receive the calls from the DC

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i expect mosely to be re-signed. and even if he wasnt, it's not like you can't wear a former ravens jersey around years after he stopped playing for them. not like you "have to" have only the most up to date current rostered players otherwise lols.

it's not as bad as wearing around a jamarcus russell jersey. mosely had a good career as a raven even if it ends soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You haven't been a Ravens fans over the last 5 years where we seemingly found new and disappointing ways to lose games we shouldn't have

Losing the last two and the Chargers winning their last two in 2013. Any result going the other way puts us in playoffs.

Losing to the Pats despite being up by 14 points twice in the Divisional Round in 2014.

Lost the last two in 2016 to miss the playoffs.

Lost the last game on a horribly played snap in 2017 to miss the playoffs.

We've been the master of the late season collapse.

Not sure whether to like your post or not dlanod

On one hand you've demonstrated my point perfectly, but OTOH you've just reminded me of a bunch of heartbreak :(
Yeah I know, I completely understand. :(

Holy s**t - I was watching NO tramp down the field, then let Pittsburgh tramp back up the field, and after the new set of downs at the 42 walked out of the break room because I figured what happens next was a given.

...was not expecting a fumble. I would've stayed for that. :D

On to (the faceplant against) the Browns!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
King: “Real chance” John Harbaugh doesn’t sign extension in Baltimore
Posted by Mike Florio on December 25, 2018, 12:37 AM EST

GettyImages-1038540338-e1545688910183.jpg

Getty Images

That Friday night announcement from the Ravens seemed to secure the future of coach John Harbaugh in Baltimore, but he’ll remain under contract beyond 2019 only if the two sides work out a new contract. And maybe they won’t.

Peter King writes in his latest Football Morning in America column that a “real chance” exists Harbaugh won’t sign an extension, opting instead to finish his current deal and leave in 2020.

Coaches rarely do that, opting instead for the bird in the hand that comes from both getting paid and, perhaps more importantly, remaining an NFL head coach without taking the risk of finding himself without a place to sit when the annual calliope quits playing. But maybe Harbaugh, who emerged as the hottest name on this year’s market weeks before the market even opened, realizes that he’ll have options in 2020, possibly for much more money and more power than Baltimore will provide.

Whether Harbaugh would walk or not, the notion that he could provides a strong counterweight to the message that was received by the league at large from the team’s out-of-the-blue proclamation/admonition that he’s under contract through 2019. If/when (when) teams like the Dolphins or maybe the Broncos call the Ravens inquiring about Harbaugh and when the Ravens want way too much compensation for him as an opener, the fact that the Ravens have him under contract for only one year and he’ll leave as a free agent with no compensation at all could get them to take what they can get before the distractions of a lame-duck season that results in them getting nothing.

The Ravens are regarded as a “very smart group,” likely smart enough to not overplay their hand. Smart enough to know that Harbaugh a year from now will have the kind of demand for his services that would make him happily coach out his contract and then do what no coach ever does: Become a true free agent.

Speaking of buying Jerseys. My sister lives in LA and got these for my 4 month old twin boys for Xmas.

Ellis is the eldest by two minutes so thats the thinking behind the numbers:D

Attachments

• IMG_20181225_125613.jpg
    IMG_20181225_125613.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 80
congrats on the new additions to the household, and great idea training them from birth.

Thanks mate. The 4am feeds are a lot easier to cope with on a Monday morning with NFL Redzone haha. Hoping to raise them up to play SS and FS :D

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been going thru my massive archive of NFL games (from the 1930s thru to 2017)....

Got a 5 hr video of the final game at Memorial Stadium, week 16, Ravens vs Tennessee Oilers (as they were still known then), with all the post-game celebration and commemoration, live baltimore news programs running with the story, interviews, etc. See the old Colts players take one last snap on the field -- Unitas, Moore, etc.

Annotation 2018-12-27 205743.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back