Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we could organise a deal with the Jags for Flacco that includes Fournette? He still has two more years on his rookie deal right?

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I wonder if we could organise a deal with the Jags for Flacco that includes Fournette? He still has two more years on his rookie deal right?
Yes, but I'm not convinced that I'd want him. He has more long speed than either Gus the Bus or Dixon, but so far in his career he's not shown that he's more efficient than them

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Greg Roman: We’re redefining everything we do on offense

Posted by Josh Alper on February 14, 2019, 3:46 PM EST

gettyimages-1078758330-e1550177179158.jpg

Getty Images

Greg Roman got bumped up to offensive coordinator in Baltimore after the Ravens’ loss to the Chargers in the playoffs and he knows one thing for sure about what he’ll be putting together in 2019.

On a podcast for the Ravens website, Roman said the offense is going to be “tailored” around quarterback Lamar Jackson and have “elements” of what the team did once Jackson took over last season, but that he sees the process of building the entire system as starting from scratch.

“We’re literally redefining everything we do as a staff, as a group,” Roman said. “Literally, everything. Every formation, every route, every run, every route concept. How can we make this offense, which up until this point has been good … we’re trying to make it as great as we can be. How can we make it as learnable, as understandable, as streamlined, as efficient [as possible]?”

The process isn’t going to be over in a snap. While they know what Jackson brings to the table, Roman spoke often about “how the roster gets shaped” influencing what the team is going to do and there’s a lot about to happen on that front in the next couple of months.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys, I am new to supporting Baltimore so I’ll try and contribute where I can, but I pretty much won’t say much until I’ve watched some games of NFL and understand it properly. Will come up with something once I’ve worked it out!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys, I am new to supporting Baltimore so I’ll try and contribute where I can, but I pretty much won’t say much until I’ve watched some games of NFL and understand it properly. Will come up with something once I’ve worked it out!
Welcome, friend, to the coolest team in the NFL, and may your fandom be rich with enjoyment like the rest of us die-hard Ravens fans.

And no need to be quiet till you learn....you can always learn as you go, by asking us stuff.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Welcome, friend, to the coolest team in the NFL, and may your fandom be rich with enjoyment like the rest of us die-hard Ravens fans.

And no need to be quiet till you learn....you can always learn as you go, by asking us stuff.
I think I’ll try and have a crack myself then see how I go! It’ll be easier when the season kicks off again so I can watch the games. I am over AFL right now so happy to try and learn NFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

MAIN NAVIGATION
PREMIUM NAVIGATION
SECONDARY NAVIGATION
GLOBAL
NFL HEADLINES

PREMIUM
MLB DRAFT GUIDE
Exclusive columns, rankings, stats, and more.
Purchase Now >
RANKINGS
Who are the top 200 players going forward?
See More >
TRENDING (LAST 24 HOURS)
  1. 1.Antonio Brown (WR)PIT
  2. 2.Joe Flacco (QB)DEN
  3. 3.Colin Kaepernick (QB)FA
  4. 4.Odell Beckham (WR)NYG
  5. 5.Demaryius Thomas (WR)FA
  6. 6.Charles Clay (TE)ARZ
  7. 7.Le'Veon Bell (RB)PIT
  8. 8.Eric Reid (DB)CAR
  9. 9.Nick Foles (QB)FA
  10. 10.Kareem Hunt (RB)CLE

PLAYER NEWS FEED
ALLHEADLINESINJURIESTRANSACTIONS
  • TEAM
    • All
    • Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Chicago Bears
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New England Patriots
    • New Orleans Saints
    • New York Giants
    • New York Jets
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Washington Redskins
  • POSITION
    • All
    • QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • K
    • P
    • C
    • G
    • T
    • DL
    • LB
    • DB
NEXT

• EMMANUEL SANDERSWR, DENVER BRONCOS

Emmanuel Sanders posted on social media Tuesday that he would not agree to restructure his contract.
    Sanders is due $10.15 million after tearing his Achilles' tendon in December. The three-year extension he signed in September 2016 included $6.9 million guaranteed for injury. Perhaps a settlement is in order. Without that complicating factor, cutting Sanders would free up $10.25 million in space. Sanders turns 32 next month.
    SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
    Feb 20, 2019, 11:51 AM

• KEVIN PIERRE-LOUISLB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Jets declined their 2019 team option on LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, making him a free agent.
    Pierre-Louis made nine appearances last season, playing 35 snaps on defense. He had been due $2 million in 2019. That was never going to happen after that light of a 2018 workload.
    RELATED: SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter
    Feb 20, 2019, 11:48 AM

• LAMAR JACKSONQB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

New Ravens OC Greg Roman wants to "rebuild the thing from the ground up."
    "(We) really want to start fresh, start new, and (with) everything from our language, our formations, how we do everything, rebuild the thing from the ground up," Roman said. "(Lamar Jackson is) a unique player with a unique skill set, so let’s build an offense that really accommodates that, as opposed to try to fit him into something that other people had once done." Adjusting on the fly after Jackson became the starter in Week 11, the Ravens became one of the league's most run-heavy teams in decades last season. They will be the favorites to lead the NFL in rushing attempts in 2019, but Jackson averaged 32 passes per game his final two years at Louisville. Finding the right passing situations for him will be paramount for Roman.
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Feb 20, 2019, 10:56 AM

o_Oo_O

Love the player but not sure he's worth this kind of money. Especially when he always seems to be one game away from getting injured again.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
He was already contracted for 700k this season, so this extension means he's contracted for 4 years $27m (up to $30m). A top nickel CB for $7m a year will prove to be worth it imo, especially when you consider that nickel CBs are basically starters and that the cap is continuing to rise by a fair bit.

Also, he hasn't missed that many games if you don't include the year he missed because of the ACL rupture. He only missed 2 games last season

Aug 2, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Arsenal
He was already contracted for 700k this season, so this extension means he's contracted for 4 years $27m (up to $30m). A top nickel CB for $7m a year will prove to be worth it imo, especially when you consider that nickel CBs are basically starters and that the cap is continuing to rise by a fair bit.

Also, he hasn't missed that many games if you don't include the year he missed because of the ACL rupture. He only missed 2 games last season

Good move, I rate it. Very different to how we operated as an organisation under Ozzie.

I'll be interested to see what we do with Suggs, Smith, Judon, Pierce, Weddle and Mosley in particular.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Well on Judon:

DeCosta is obviously going to be handling contract extensions very differently to how Ozzie did it.

I think the team will give Pierce a 2nd round RFA tender and hope another team will negotiate a contract for them that would end up lower than what they'd have to offer because another team would presumably take that 2nd round pick into consideration when offering any deal (that we would then match)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back