Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

So who starts now in place of Weddle? Clark?!:eek:

Can see us drafting a guy like Nasir Adderley but no way he starts week 1 in my opinion.

Massive impact on the locker room too with Weddle leaving. He always came across as a great leader.

A major part of the fanbase seem to be losing the plot after Suggs departure.

No doubt these changes will put pressure on Lamar and the O but I'm willing to wait it out and see what EDC comes up with.

Adrian Amos seems like a great fit but with the coin being thrown around I'm not sure if it's do-able.

On one hand, it's sad to lose Suggs and Mosley, however these were the right decisions. The money Mosley is getting from the Jets is insane. We will be fine with Peanut and Young at ILB. I'm happy to not sign anyone on day 1 of free agency (so many overpaid players) and look for value later on.

How much cap space do we have? and what are our main needs now?

How much cap space do we have?

Flacco's contract is off the books once the trade is processed on Wednesday (US time)

As to our needs, I don't think they've changed too much after these free agent losses. I've maintained for most of the season that C, FS, WR, RB & maybe LG were where this team really needed an upgrade. A good interior pass rusher would be nice too.

Suggs leaving means that Williams and Bowser need to step up and that Judon is basically the main pass rusher. I've been content with letting Mosley walk and have Peanut and Kenny Young prove themselves for a while now.

Flacco's contract is off the books once the trade is processed on Wednesday (US time)

As to our needs, I don't think they've changed too much after these free agent losses. I've maintained for most of the season that C, FS, WR, RB & maybe LG were where this team really needed an upgrade. A good interior pass rusher would be nice too.

Suggs leaving means that Williams and Bowser need to step up and that Judon is basically the main pass rusher. I've been content with letting Mosley walk and have Peanut and Kenny Young prove themselves for a while now.

Thanks drd23 Will follow that twitter account.

Agreed Re Mosley. I think we have discussed this multiple times now.

I hope we don't sign up Smith to a huge contract after all of this. Would rather let him walk, and have Judon and the youngsters rush the passer next year.

Any chance for Paradis, or is he out of our price range?

I've read that there are a few FS options in FA, so hopefully we can find a solid option for a bargain later on. I wonder if they are creating space for La'veon....

Will follow that twitter account.
Best account for Ravens specific contract and cap stuff. He has a page on Russell Street Report, which is also where you'll find Ken McKusick/Filmstudy, which is another account you should follow if you aren't already

Any chance for Paradis, or is he out of our price range?
Well Mitch Morse signed for $11m/yr and Paradis is better than him, so I assume he'll be looking at something like $13m/yr. Given we probably offered Mosley something like that, I imagine EDC will spend it if he thinks its worth it

I've read that there are a few FS options in FA, so hopefully we can find a solid option for a bargain later on.
I favour going after Tashaun Gipson because he won't count against the comp picks we'll be getting for Mosley/Smith/Suggs/Brown, although Adrian Amos (as the home town guy) would be a good signing too imo

I wonder if they are creating space for La'veon....
I wouldn't hate it, so long as its not too long a contract. 3 years would be good

What type of comp pick are we looking given how massive this deal is? Kuechly was the highest paid LB at 12mil per year and Mosely is on 17!

Edit----

Nevermind

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like most Ravens fans are losing their minds regarding EDC not re-signing our FA players, am I an outlier here?

I'm quite happy that we didn't overpay for Suggs, CJ or Z. All of them are replaceable in my mind (Williams/Bowser, Young). Also, while La'veon would have been a lot of fun, spending $13+ mil on a RB is just bad business. And getting a few compensation picks on top of that, I think is good business.

I'd be happy not to land any of the Big FAs (seems like we will sign Ingram though and I'd personally be happy to look into Thomas/Ha-HA) and just tie up our youngsters before they hit FA in the coming years.

It seems like most Ravens fans are losing their minds regarding EDC not re-signing our FA players, am I an outlier here?

I'm quite happy that we didn't overpay for Suggs, CJ or Z. All of them are replaceable in my mind (Williams/Bowser, Young). Also, while La'veon would have been a lot of fun, spending $13+ mil on a RB is just bad business. And getting a few compensation picks on top of that, I think is good business.

I'd be happy not to land any of the Big FAs (seems like we will sign Ingram though and I'd personally be happy to look into Thomas/Ha-HA) and just tie up our youngsters before they hit FA in the coming years.

Also, keeping Michael Pierce is a brilliant move. Even though we signed up BWill, Pierce is the real stud of the D-Line.

Yeah, I'm all okay with everything so far. There's clearly a plan in place that I can see. Clear up cap space, create more cap space, go younger, a kind of soft-rebuild. He's collecting compensatory picks, as Ozzie showed him. Ravens are being very judicious right now. I like it.

Yeah, I'm all okay with everything so far. There's clearly a plan in place that I can see. Clear up cap space, create more cap space, go younger, a kind of soft-rebuild. He's collecting compensatory picks, as Ozzie showed him. Ravens are being very judicious right now. I like it.

Agreed, very savvy. Managing the cap is so important. According to OTC we have $26 mil cap space remaining for next year, so we still have some money to play with.

Agreed, very savvy. Managing the cap is so important. According to OTC we have $26 mil cap space remaining for next year, so we still have some money to play with.

Our LB depth is pretty decent imo. We've been grooming them behind Suggs/etc for a couple years. We'll probably add some in mid-late rounds, or a cheap FA vet acquisition.

So...do we think we cut Weddle knowing we had Thomas keen on moving to Baltimore? I love Earl as a player but to me Weddle was better than average for us and we cut him at 5mil a year so we can sign Earl at 13mil average per year?

I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Agree with GG, Thomas is a big upgrade, plus the the contract isnt that bad either, compared to a one dementional Landon Collins, absolute bargain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back