Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Dez seems to have massively overestimated the market for him. It's only going to get harder for him post draft. Being a big personality and having a knack for losing the plot in a negative way on the sideline wouldn't have helped him. Harbaugh struggled to deal with Reed even when we were on our SB sun remember.

What's everyone hoping for/expecting on draft day?

I have a feeling we'll take James or McGlinchy (sp?) if there. If not I think Ragnow is a strong chance with Lamar Jackson being a smokey.

A big pert of me wants us to take Jackson so we can just so we can have a circuit breaker in this 8-8 type team funk we seem to be stuck in.

Edit - Mayock just mocked Lamar to us as well

Hoping for James or Ward but more likely we trade back or draft an OT McGlinchey / Williams.

I am over the Flacco era, bring on Lamar. He would really shake up how a team defends us and IF we could pair him with a solid rookie WR who could practice together in non-first team reps, that would be great.

Hoping for (in a pipe dream, I'd be overjoyed kinda way): Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds
Realistically hoping for: Lamar Jackson or Marcus Davenport

Expecting: Who the * knows? More than any year previously, I have no clue what we are going to do, and that includes last year when I didn't really think we'd take Marlon. I do have a list of players I hope we don't draft in the first round which includes, but is not limited to, all the TEs, McGlinchey, Vita Vea, DaRon Payne and Calvin Ridley

Okay? Hopefully its in the 2nd round, not the first

Yeah PFF have linked us with Ragnow as well in their podcast. I'd hope that only happens if we trade back but it would be such a typical boring pick by us.

We found Ryan Jensen in the 6th round FFS we don't need to spend a top 100 pick on a centre.

Yeah PFF have linked us with Ragnow as well in their podcast. I'd hope that only happens if we trade back but it would be such a typical boring pick by us.

We found Ryan Jensen in the 6th round FFS we don't need to spend a top 100 pick on a centre.

I would hope that the only pick we use on Ragnow is the extra pick we get from trading back. That would probably be a fourth rounder and I don't see C as a big need for anything more than that.

Apparently Dez knocked back our multi year offer, he's trying to get 1yr contracts to show his worth and inflate the following one.

Yeah I just saw that too.

giphy.gif

Not sure this draft could have gone more perfectly for us.

Now watch us take Kolton Miller or Frank Ragnow :'(

Yeah, as an organization we really need that kick up the arse... I don't think we're going to get it given it's the same squad at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seem like other teams are getting better deals for their picks...

I haven't done the numbers against any trade chart but in general it looks like the other trades were for bigger jumps (Saints, Packers) or for QBs (Bills, Cardinals).

There are premium positions that require first round picks....

TE isn't one of them. Ozzie, you just want to find another TE like you. You over value it's importance something shocking! How many times have we drafted a TE lately. It's almost every second year and with decently high picks.

Get out of the charts and go and get a good WR. I hate watching: Joe 'I take too long to throw the ball because none of my WR can get separation or make a contested catch' Flacco try and make a play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back