Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get he's a definite upgrade but if it was me personally I would have prioritized upgrading the Oline or Edge rushers over the saftey position. But what do I know.

I'm really going to love watching Earl play for us though.

I need a new Jersey now too with Mosely gone. Would I be safe to get a Humphrey one do you think? or should I wait and see if he gets a contract extension haha

Yeah I get he's a definite upgrade but if it was me personally I would have prioritized upgrading the Oline or Edge rushers over the saftey position. But what do I know.

I need a new Jersey now too with Mosely gone. Would I be safe to get a Humphrey one do you think? or should I wait and see if he gets a contract extension haha

Draft has quite a bit of edge rusher and OL talent available, two of the deepest positions this year. Patience son. 😉

It seems like most Ravens fans are losing their minds regarding EDC not re-signing our FA players, am I an outlier here?

I'm quite happy that we didn't overpay for Suggs, CJ or Z. All of them are replaceable in my mind (Williams/Bowser, Young). Also, while La'veon would have been a lot of fun, spending $13+ mil on a RB is just bad business. And getting a few compensation picks on top of that, I think is good business.

I'd be happy not to land any of the Big FAs (seems like we will sign Ingram though and I'd personally be happy to look into Thomas/Ha-HA) and just tie up our youngsters before they hit FA in the coming years.

La'Veon had the stats he did because he was behind one of the best olines in football. Not saying he isn't a good player- he is- I just feel those numbers will decline at the Jets.

Agree that the money they paid for him is ridiculous, he seems more concerned about releasing more rap albums than anything else currently.

Very happy with Thomas and Ingram.

wait for me to pick my new jersey and then go with any other player but him #GGCurse

It seems like most Ravens fans are losing their minds regarding EDC not re-signing our FA players, am I an outlier here?

I'm quite happy that we didn't overpay for Suggs, CJ or Z.
Suggs was the only one I was surprised by and I assume the FO was the same way too. Mosley was always going to be offered a contract beyond his actual on-field play and ZDS screamed typical Ravens FA overpay.

Such good news to wake up to.

Earl Thomas is a genuine stud. I am not really concerned about his ability to play at a high level after his injuries. Even if we get him at 80% of what he was, it it is still a brilliant signing.

Gives us so much versatility with our D gameplan. We can now play a single high safety and just stick Tony Jefferson in the box, or we can mix and match coverages. A dominant secondary also allows for coverage sacks and other big plays.

I like how it is a heavily front-loaded contract as well, with nearly half the contract being paid out in the first year.

The Ingram signing is also an upgrade at the position.

Great work EDC, I'm very excited about this roster. Now let's beef up the pass rush, O-line, and WR core in the draft.

Nah, ET should be a big upgrade on Weddle.

The biggest things Weddle brought were leadership and his ability to disguise coverages - his actual coverage ability and tackling were really falling away. ET has both of Weddle's positive attributes while also still having elite coverage ability. We already had the arguable top secondary in the NFL and this move cements that imo.

You're not the only one *cough*GG*cough*

If I were to get a jersey now, it probably would be Marlon's, or maybe even ET

So its looking more like a two year deal potentially.

After the Ingram deal we should have around 15mil in the cap is that right?

Will we make any more moves you think or is this us done up until the draft?

So its looking more like a two year deal potentially.

After the Ingram deal we should have around 15mil in the cap is that right?

Will we make any more moves you think or is this us done up until the draft?

Apparently we need to save 2-3 mil for the rookies, but can spend the rest.

I can see us trying to bring in a vet pass rusher, WR or OL for the right price. I wonder how much Justin Houston would cost.

We usually save ~$5m for signing injury replacement players in-season, so have something like $10-12m to spend if we want to. It's possible that that we could look to a pass rusher or WR. I'd love us to look at Houston, especially if its for a short contract (2 or 3 years). There are a couple of vet WRs worth looking into (Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon, Golden Tate) too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earl Thomas was “shocked” by the Ravens’ offer

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2019, 6:18 AM EDT

gettyimages-501217854-e1552904318887.jpg

Getty Images

Earl Thomas thought he was going to Kansas City in free agency until a last-minute offer sent him to Baltimore.

Thomas told Peter King in Football Morning in America that he never had a sense the Ravens were even interested, let alone that they were going to blow him away with a a four-year, $55-million offer.

“The Ravens were never in the picture,” Thomas said. “I was shocked. I was blessed.”

The Ravens knew they needed to add a safety after releasing Eric Weddle, and when Landon Collins, Tyrann Mathieu and Adrian Amos all got big deals quickly, Baltimore may have decided to be more aggressive about the offer to Thomas than originally planned. Thomas is glad it worked out that way.

Lamar Jackson working with private coach in Florida
Posted by Charean Williams on March 27, 2019, 2:22 PM EDT
gettyimages-1078758324-e1553710923954.jpg

Getty Images
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is throwing in Florida with a private quarterbacks coach, working with some of his receivers.
“A number of the receivers have gone down to work with him,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s got other receivers, other places — I don’t know who they are — but he’s been throwing regularly, and I think he’ll ramp that up even more as he gets closer.”
The Ravens no longer have Michael Crabtree and John Brown catching passes. They also have a new offense, with offensive coordinator Greg Roman building it around Jackson.
They need Jackson to become better as a passer.
Despite going 6-1 as a starter in the regular season as a rookie, Jackson threw for only 1,201 yards with six touchdowns and three interceptions. His season best was only 204 yards in Week 16.
“The most important step is all of it. It’s everything,” Harbaugh said. “A quarterback can’t just focus on one thing. We’ve got to work on everything at the same time. I think the bottom line is we have an offense that we’re building. We’re building it around Lamar, but we’re also building it around all of our guys. We’re building the offense that we want to run, and we’re building it from the ground up – nuts and bolts, scratch. And I think we’re building it really, really well in a way that’s going to allow us to do a lot of different things, be in a lot of different worlds. That’s what we want to try to do, because we think that best suits him and the team we’re going to put together. It’s going to be truly a team offense. We’ve got to install that. He’s got to learn it. He’s got to be the operator of it, and we have to make sure that we get him really good at doing that with this offense.”

The Ravens 2019 Schedule
This season’s schedule will be out soon and it appears that John Harbaugh will finally get his wish – a home Monday Night game. The Ravens will host the Jets on December 16 as they welcome back C.J. Mosley and they get a look at Le’Veon Bell in new colors. Maryland native and singer/songwriter Jimmy Charles will perform his song Back to Baltimore just prior to kickoff. The Ravens will be giving away handsome skullcaps with a new team logo to all fans in attendance.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2019/04/01/lombardis-way/ravens-rumors-3/

Does anyone know anymore about this? Are we getting a new logo design nest season? I can't tell if this paragraph is taking the piss or not....

I haven't heard anything about a new team logo, and usually these things are known well in advance.

The skullcaps thing makes me think its some sort of joke, although I don't know why they'd make a joke about yarmulkes

Yeah, Thinking about this now I think this must be some type of very lame April fools joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back