Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like another boom or bust type pick. Would rather we played it safer with Ford, Sweat or a more complete WR in AJ Brown.

I just really hope he isn't injured for his entire 1st season. lisfranc injuries aint no joke

I just really hope he isn't injured for his entire 1st season. lisfranc injuries aint no joke
I haven't seen anything newer than this:

Hopefully that's true, although I'm kinda surprised given that the recovery time is typically 11 months and his injury occurred in December

I doubted we were going to keep Bethel for the season as he was costing us a 4th round pick (from John Brown's signing). After Urban signed with Tennessee Bethel is now only "costing" a 5th round pick to keep (from Suggs' signing) - I still wonder if he's going to hang around given that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Horn Jr. gets a chance to win an NFL job
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2019, 6:42 PM EDT

If anyone saw a cellphone under one of the goalposts at the Ravens’ practice facility on Saturday, there was a good reason for that.
Joe Horn Jr., the son of former NFL receiver Joe Horn, is participating in Baltimore’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.
Joe Horn Jr. looked really good,” coach John Harbaugh said after Saturday’s practice, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “I guess the thing that struck me about him was he looked like Joe Horn.”
Joe Horn Jr. didn’t perform like Joe Horn while at Missouri Western. Horn Jr. caught only 15 passes for 246 yards and no touchdowns in the Division II program last season.
“His son looks like him — quick, fast, really good hands, in and out of breaks,” Harbaugh said. “You can tell he’s worked with his dad a lot on technique. I just thought he looked excellent.”
Looking excellent and getting a job are two different things. Horn Jr. has yet to be signed to the 90-man offseason roster.
Joe Horn Sr. was a solid player during an 11-year career, generating 603 catches for 8,744 yards and 58 touchdowns. He’s perhaps best known for retrieving a phone from under the goal post during a game in 2003, a move that was reprised last season by Saints receiver Michael Thomas.

Trace McSorley becomes fifth Ravens draft pick to sign
Posted by Charean Williams on May 4, 2019, 9:24 PM EDT
pft-4-e1557019450269.jpg

Getty Images
The Ravens announced Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley signed his four-year rookie deal Saturday.
McSorley, a sixth-round pick, becomes the fifth player in Baltimore’s 2019 draft class to sign.
Cornerback Iman Marshall, running back Justice Hill, defensive tackle Daylon Mack and guard Ben Powers signed Friday.
The team’s only unsigned rookies are the Ravens’ top three choices — receiver Marquise “Hollywood’’ Brown, outside linebacker Jaylon Ferguson and receiver Miles Boykin.
McSorley will compete for a backup quarterback spot behind Lamar Jacksonand Robert Griffin III, but McSorley also could earn a roster spot on special teams and as a situational offensive player. Ravens coach John Harbaugh has mentioned McSorley filling a similar role to that of backup quarterback Taysom Hill in New Orleans.
“One of the things that I want to do here is just provide value for anything that the coaching staff needs me to do or coach Harbaugh asks me,” McSorley said, via the team website. “Wherever I can fit in and help this team win games and be able to compete at the highest level, I think that’s kind of my mentality and that’s what I want to do. I’m definitely excited to try and see what else I can do out there and get on the field anywhere I can.”

Lamar Jackson didn’t know the Ravens would be implementing a “totally different offense”
Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2019, 5:43 PM EDT

It may be news to some that the Ravens are implementing a completely different offense in 2019. It definitely was news to quarterback Lamar Jackson.
“Coming in [to offseason workouts], I didn’t know we would have a totally different offense,” Jackson said this week, via CBSSports.com. “When I got here, coach was like, ‘Yeah, we have a totally new system. You’re going to have go through this and that.’ It’s been getting to me a little bit.”
Greg Roman is replacing Marty Mornhinweg as offensive coordinator, but many believed the offense would be substantially the same. It won’t be.
It’s going to take Jackson time to get accustomed to the new offense.
“I’d say, my first day, I sucked,” Jackson said. “Second day, I did better. Today, it was all right but it could’ve been better.”
It’s been presumed that the Ravens will spend most of their time running the ball, because that’s what they did when Jackson replaced Joe Flacco in 2018. After the draft, however, Ravens G.M. Eric DeCosta painted a picture of a more diverse attack, with the goal of preventing defenses from loading up against the run.

Ravens QBs coach James Urban praised Lamar Jackson's development as a thrower this offseason.

"They certainly haven't been eliminated, but there are much fewer, 'Where-did-that-come-froms' this year when we watch him practice," Urban said. "It looks better in many ways. The ball comes out cleaner, the timing looks better." As Jackson noted himself in May, he is still not the most consistent passer, but it sounds like he has taken some strides since his rookie campaign.

Source: ESPN

Jun 10, 2019, 8:49 AM ET

Lamar Jackson doesn't see himself running as often in 2019.

"I don't think I'll be running as much as I did last year," Jackson told NFL Network's Rich Eisen Thursday. The 2018 first-rounder logged more carries than any quarterback in NFL history last year but is bringing a "totally different" mindset to his sophomore campaign. Jackson noted that he's been throwing "way more" than running at practice and doesn't anticipate scrambling as much now that he's had a year to grasp the offense. The Ravens have been trying to sell us on Jackson's legitimacy as a passer all offseason, though the former Louisville Cardinal carries far more fantasy value as a run-first quarterback. Even if Jackson doesn't match last year's rushing output, we still expect him to carry the rock a good amount.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 2, 2019, 1:50 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back