Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamar's deep passes were things of beauty.

Short passing looks good but I'll reserve judgement on those until we play a decent defence.

The alignment of their secondary looked like they were playing run support on almost every play. Our run game is great but they really needed to adjust at halftime.

There aren’t too many great secondaries around, so we might have to wait a few weeks to get really tested.

The alignment of their secondary looked like they were playing run support on almost every play. Our run game is great but they really needed to adjust at halftime.

There aren’t too many great secondaries around, so we might have to wait a few weeks to get really tested.

DT Davon Godchaux
On the game plan vs. the Ravens offense:

“We wanted to keep – basically make Lamar [Jackson] throw the ball. Like I said, I [take] my hat off to the Baltimore Ravens. Lamar had a great game. He threw the ball, threw some touchdowns. I don’t know how many he threw, but he threw some touchdowns. Hats off to those guys. Those guys had a great game plan, great execution. They just flat out beat us."

You're right though, it's crazy they didn't make any adjustments after half time.

DT Davon Godchaux
On the game plan vs. the Ravens offense:

“We wanted to keep – basically make Lamar [Jackson] throw the ball. Like I said, I [take] my hat off to the Baltimore Ravens. Lamar had a great game. He threw the ball, threw some touchdowns. I don’t know how many he threw, but he threw some touchdowns. Hats off to those guys. Those guys had a great game plan, great execution. They just flat out beat us."

You're right though, it's crazy they didn't make any adjustments after half time.

Perhaps they thought we would stop passing with such a big lead and just run for the second half.

I suggest the current Miami coaches won’t last two years. They are clearly tanking and that is a bad way to run an organisation.

Torrey Smith retired today. Such a icon of the team while he was with us.

I'll never forget that game after his brother passed away and he played the very next day scoring 3 touchdowns against the Pats.

My one Ravens game I saw live he scored a TD right in front of me on Thanksgiving against the Steelers.

The game in Denver on our SB run also stands out to me as one of his best for us.

Did very well to end up with two rings in his career.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes involved with the team again in a community role.

Torrey Smith retired today. Such a icon of the team while he was with us.

I'll never forget that game after his brother passed away and he played the very next day scoring 3 touchdowns against the Pats.

My one Ravens game I saw live he scored a TD right in front of me on Thanksgiving against the Steelers.

The game in Denver on our SB run also stands out to me as one of his best for us.

Did very well to end up with two rings in his career.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes involved with the team again in a community role.

If you want to give yourself chills all over again

Huge respect for the great man, What a career. Thank you.

Last year, on a Ravens forum I recently joined at the time, I suggested we might revolutionize the game. By rostering 4 or 5 dual-threat QBs, and utilizing them all in a game at varying stages, and maybe even two or three of them on the field at the same time.

Everyone lol'd and called me crazy.

Cue 2019, and we have three very similar dual-threat QBs. And it was even suggested during the off-season there are packages where two and even three of them could be on the field at the same time.

;)

I wonder if Greg Roman will show a bit of that this week against the Cardinals?

On another note, Hollywood looks like a great pick in these early stages.

I was bullish about Boykin, who has been almost invisible. While, Hollywood is just a playmaker and exactly who we needed on the outside.

Jackson is going to write his own history. Just too dynamic but will probably never have the touch and timing of Brady.

Our team is so much better without Flacco. He isn’t a bad QB, just not able to provide the unpredictability of a Lamar.

I was a Lamar ambivalent but now am a believer. He will be a trailblazer and along with Murray, get teams into the triple option.

Ravens players seem to be dropping hints that we're making a play for Ramsey.

Would be huge if we got him, I remember that we tried to trade up for him in his draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Ramsey and Marvin locking down the outsides would be unfair.

While I would love it to happen, I don't have high hopes for it because it'll take at least a 1st and another fairly high draft pick and EDC doesn't seem the type to be happy to do that. He's a self described "pick whore" and was annoyed at not having a 2nd rounder this year because we had traded it to get Lamar

Another thing to consider is that guys like Judon might just be trolling. Both he and Jefferson are massive jokers on twitter so this could just be them having some fun, and not them having any inside knowledge

And if Judon is trolling with that tweet, he's sucked in a number of people already

Having Ramsey and Marvin locking down the outsides would be unfair.

While I would love it to happen, I don't have high hopes for it because it'll take at least a 1st and another fairly high draft pick and EDC doesn't seem the type to be happy to do that. He's a self described "pick whore" and was annoyed at not having a 2nd rounder this year because we had traded it to get Lamar

Would you be happy if we made that trade? EG a 1st and a 3rd for Ramsey?

I would love us to use a first round pick to sure up the O-line or get a blue chip pass rusher (or will our pick be too low)?

Yes. That's a more than reasonable price to pay for an All-Pro talent.

Combine that with our FO's repeated ability to find serviceable OL in the mid rounds and I think we'd be fine

I would love us to use a first round pick to sure up the O-line or get a blue chip pass rusher (or will our pick be too low)?

Ramsey is easily worth a first and third. Would have to negotiate a deal first that had a big increase next year. Jimmy Smith will leave and Carr is getting old. We need Jalen for the main target and Humphrey can dominate the secondary one.

Our pick would be too late for an elite pass rusher. Either FA or trade for one OR do it by scheme like now.

Interior O-Line we develop really good ones from mid round picks. Hope we invest in that area this off season.

What the three of you have mentioned does make sense. It seems that the Jags want 2 first though. If we back Lamar in (as we should) I doubt either of those firsts will be top 15 picks, so it is probably worth it if we can tie up Ramsey for the next 5 years. Having more cap space after Flacco's dead money is gone next year helps.

What the three of you have mentioned does make sense. It seems that the Jags want 2 first though. If we back Lamar in (as we should) I doubt either of those firsts will be top 15 picks, so it is probably worth it if we can tie up Ramsey for the next 5 years. Having more cap space after Flacco's dead money is gone next year helps.

I would do our next two firsts IF we got a second and third back. Not much difference between pick 25 to pick 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back